Slater and Gordon Lawyers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Slater and Gordon Lawyers Employee Reviews

Very high expectations, very stressful and bad communication. You’re expected to do things without difficulties and have them done on time. If not you’re made to feel incapable. Great staff but they don’t last long in the job.
Please AVOID, the job is stressful, the people are unhelpful, everybody passes the book, they send the Indians home to work with no support and pay the managers 100% for doing nothing. The customers are all bad tempered and shouting not knowing what’s going on and the targets!,well I hope you can jump through some very small hoops. Get any other job but this please unless you like punishment.
Pros
Free tea & coffee but we ended up working from home so none.
Cons
Everything about this company, please, please AVOID
Essentially the bulk of this position is annoying people, who yes have signed up for the service but they have not signed up to be harrassed with 8 phone calls a day, with voicemails and texts.
Pros
great team atmosphere
Cons
management, procedure changes, harrassment of general public
Fast paced passionate environment, good work ethic and inclusion. Suitable training and support offered through employment journey. Amp opportunity to grow
Managers across most departments are useless and seem to enjoy taking petty personal issues to an extreme.still struggling to deal with the fallout of a disastrous merger it seems
The company treat the staff like they are robots. They also discriminated against a few employees who had medical conditions and who needed time off for hospital appointments. They want you doing overtime all the time and never praise their staff.
Pros
Only have to work 1 weekend a month.
Cons
Expected to answer calls like robots with no time to breathe.
The company is very proactive in ensuring the business runs effectively and ensures all personal needs are met to help people adapt and work. All relevant training is providing and they actively ensure all employees are adequately trained.
Overall a good place to work Difficult to review as I was only employed here for a short period of time and much of that was spent at home under lock down
Job security is poor , management scarce when needed, passed the buck. Good salary, but stressful working conditions, dog eat dog culture, made for a toxic environment.
This company was so unprofessional. I am glad that I am working at a proper law firm now. It was just a call centre, nothing else. The interview made the job seem as if there was the chance for progression, but this is not true. Those in charge should feel ashamed. 1. The managers were rude and useless. They would constantly criticise and hold useless meetings where they just criticised you. You could be giving excellent advice on telephone calls, but they did not care about that. They sent emails in which workers were rarely praised and it was as if you could never please them no matter how hard you worked. 2. I tried to do my work but I could often not concentrate. There was a group of DUMB GIRLS who sat in the corner of the office. No one ever did anything about their bullying and bad behaviour. Their manager just ignored it and just hid in the corner of the office, head down at his desk even though people were being victimised. Their behaviour made me suicidal and no one seemed to care. I am sure if these people read this account, they would just laugh and this is the type of how callous they were. They made life miserable for everyone in the office and mistreated people. They were bullies and that is the truth. They would just make fun of people all day. They made fun of people’s weight, of people’s disabilities and they would talk loudly about everyone in the office. They teased people about the food that they ate and made life miserable. I just hope that they are not mothers because if their children very get bullied, they are engaging in the same behaviour - more...
As professionals Slater and Gordon Lawyers is always confident of continue to deliver for our clients the best affordable legal service and help them through their own uncertainties. We have great tools to help each others at work and Assure Programs provide a broad range of services available for all employees. We also have a sequence of training sessions that offers to all staff to assist our well-being and managing our processes and activities. I have personally gained a lot of knowledge thru these sessions. We had our birthdays celebrated altogether in the boardroom regularly, watched the Melbourne Cup, never missed the Xmas festivities apart from the staff meetings. The hardest part of the job was seeing our vulnerable clients who were going thru the pain and hardship time. And the most enjoyable part was the witnessing their happy faces after wining the case with a life changing outcome.
Pros
Xmas Lunches, Birthday gatherings
Cons
I worked at this law form for over 17yrs as it was previously under another name. The management in charged now dknt take responsibility for their poor management skills and certainly do not try to support you or encourage progression. If you within the legal industry stay away.
There is always something to do. Many Individuals there to help, and the office life style is very easy to get along with. There are a variety of different professionals and personalities which make the atmosphere fun.
No communication from the powers above, who are all robbing a wage and only out for themselves. Your expected to work all the hours, including weekends and no recognition, not even a pay risr
stressful and overworked you are expected to work long hours and not get paid for overtime. The people I work for are lovely. ...................................
Pros
social events
Cons
It’s a good place to work in a fast paced environment with collaborative environment. There is a wealth of knowledge and support in place for staff in all departments.
Company isn't focused on the employee. Working hours are bad and the employee isn't valued very much. Theu didn't car too much about any personal problems that you may have and you always felt that everything comes down to the money you are making the company and not the fact that if it would be a less stresfull enviorement you could be more productive.
What can I say , terrible training , management haven't a clue what they're doing and you feel isolated in every way . Typical call centre where they promise you the world but the truth is they will throw you on calls and just leave you to fend for yourself , please avoid if you value your health
Pros
Using you key fob to go home
Cons
Using your key fob to come in
it was unpaid work experience and it was a good place for work experience. Everyone in the firm are nice and people are very helpful with training employees
Two strikes your out.they helped when you dont need it but you have no support when things get busy.you are left to find your own way Which is good when its quiet.
Working at Slater and Gordon was a very rewarding experience. The people were very professional yet friendly and the overall vibe of the workplace was enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
N/a