Slater and Gordon Lawyers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Slater and Gordon Lawyers Employee Reviews for Account Clerk

Account Clerk2 reviews
Australia2 reviews
Slater & Gordon were a great company to work for. Most of the staff were extremely friendly and very easy to get along with. I learned a great deal about working for a large scale and very professional company, my skills were highlighted and I learned a lot about myself in this role which I am very grateful for. Management were for the most part great, I feel that any staff issues that were brought to attention may have been looked past. The hardest part of the job was the location being so far from home, leaving at 6am in the morning and not getting home until 7.30pm became quite hard and tiring. The most enjoyable part was definately the staff memebers, not just in my department but the whole company. In the end however I did feel let down and not appreciated as much as I deserved, and for that reason I resigned from the position.
Pros
Great social side
Cons
Commute time
Slater and Gordon Lawyers have been a pleasure to work for since i started in 2015. The firm have always motivated me to grow my knowledge as i have moved through different levels of my role. I began as a Trainee Junior Accounts Clerk and have since worked through 3 levels to become an Accounts Clerk for which i am very proud of. The role of an Accounts Clerk is a senior role in the team where other staff members come to me for advise and assistance on various matters to do with clients trust accounts, payments, receipting of funds, banking of cheques, reconciling of bank accounts and checking of bank statements. A regular day for me would involve sorting through the morning mail and distributing work to team members, ensuring appropriate payments are being made with the appropriate authorisation while sticking to an agreed budget, the receipting of funds that have been deposited into various bank accounts, taking cheques and cash to the bank to be deposited on behalf of other organisations or clients, reconciling credits and debits in the bank account in regards to what has been processed through our work system, general filing, handling of petty cash and answering phone queries from staff members or external vendors. Working at Slater and Gordon has taught me resilience when dealing with disgruntled people, it has taught me how to manage my time appropriately so deadlines are met, and has taught me that hard work and determination will pay off. The culture at Slater and Gordon is extremely supportive which makes me comfortable coming into work each day. The hardest part - more...
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Slater and Gordon Lawyers?