Slater and Gordon Lawyers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Slater and Gordon Lawyers Management reviews

Australia29 reviews
Very high expectations, very stressful and bad communication. You’re expected to do things without difficulties and have them done on time. If not you’re made to feel incapable. Great staff but they don’t last long in the job.
I wouldn't work for them again put it that way, work hard but they don't care. If you weren't in their click then you were a nobody.
The salary was the best benefit, receiving decent pay increases every year but you had to jump through hoops to get it.
No training provided, however expected to know everything, when mistakes made you are to guess how to fix, as there is no coatching or assistance.
Staff seem to be run down and over worked.

Very rude staff and not welcoming to newcomers.

Poor management.
Pros
Na
Cons
Good people working "on the ground" Management however are too far removed from day to day operations.

sometimes, you are not recognised for the extra you do, hard to progress
I was employed as a New Client Sevices Consultant for 5 years and really enjoyed the position.
Although the training provided by the company was minimal, each call that you take is different and also an opportunity to genuinely assist people that really need the help.

The management structure is wishy washy at best and ever changing. If you had a question it always seemed best to sort it out with your own colleagues, instead of getting a vague answer from a ‘manager’.
There always seemed to be rumours that the NCS positions would be moved offshore or reduced and moved to a single state - which is what eventually happened, along with the phasing out of different areas of law in the company.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Bad management
Heavy Restructuring, terrible working conditions with unrealistic expectations for all staff including lawyers.

Would not recommend this place of work to absolutely anyone.
A great team environment. Very family friendly and flexible working hours and rewards for good work performance.

Working with Slater and Gordon allowed me the ability to help people in a less fortunate situation, and to assist them with their claims to ensure they reached the best outcomes in their daily life and future.

A very friendly culture and very social.

Management was always approachable, and willing to guide all levels.
Pros
free lunches, drinks and functions / events
1 day of training given in a trainee position.
Senior legal assistant complains when you get things wrong but complains more when you ask for help.

Hostile environment.

Manager is over critical on newcomer with no experience and expects everything to be perfect from day 1.
If you don't have experience then don't work here because experience will not be provided to you.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, hostile environment, manager doesn't want to help you, no training provided
This place is in severe trouble. The company is in financial difficulty and they are well and truly taking it out on their employees. I don't recommend working here.
Low salary
Slow career progression

Poor management
Employees often feel unappreciated
The company is managed by the Eastern States and management in the West had no say
Very volatile place to work. People leaving, being forced out and retrenched on a constant basis, particularly given the financial downfall of the company.

They care nothing for their employees.

What was once a reasonable place to work has become a sinking ship. Think carefully before jumping on board.
Slater & Gordon were a great company to work for. Most of the staff were extremely friendly and very easy to get along with. I learned a great deal about working for a large scale and very professional company, my skills were highlighted and I learned a lot about myself in this role which I am very grateful for.
Management were for the most part great, I feel that any staff issues that were brought to attention may have been looked past.
The hardest part of the job was the location being so far from home, leaving at 6am in the morning and not getting home until 7.30pm became quite hard and tiring. The most enjoyable part was definately the staff memebers, not just in my department but the whole company. In the end however I did feel let down and not appreciated as much as I deserved, and for that reason I resigned from the position.
Pros
Great social side
Cons
Commute time