Sleepy's
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sleepy's Employee Reviews

Good company to work for if you put in the work and effort, uncapped income opportunity if you are keen and willing to do all the little things correctly.
Pros
Training gets free lunch and coffee
Cons
weekends although tat comes with retail
Love working here, there is a great team atmosphere. We all strive together and no achievement is too small. We all work closely with executive and upper management, regardless of title we are all part of the future and growth of this company.
Pros
Bootcamp
Cons
A little bit far from where I live
Working for Sleepy's allows me to grow professionally while learning about the importance of sleep, surrounded by friends that support you and challenge you every step of the way.
Great and friendly place to work. We are always learning new things every day with products and sales training, we help customers everyday with sleep health and fit them to a mattress/bed that suits there current health needs. We get to meet new people everyday and work with health care providers and their clients. Great earning potential with uncapped commissions Friendly head office team who are very supportive
Pros
Uncapped incentives $$
Working at Sleepy's is very customer interactive. You have to get to know your customer well to work out their sleeping needs. You hear some funny stories. If you love working one on one with customers than Sleep'y is the place for you.
Pros
Great Bonus system
I love working for Sleepy's after 15 years with the company I still enjoy getting up everyday and going to work. I have met all types of people who come in looking for a mattress love interacting with customer's and help them find a mattress to suit there needs.
* A normal work day with everyday being a different challenge * Lots of training provided so learn the ins and outs of sleep and the beds to be most beneficial to suit customers needs. * Management right from the top of the company all the way down to team leaders and always helpful and willing to help. * Sleepy's culture is very good and is very staff orientated. * Hardest part of the job is not being able to please every customer but it is fun trying * The most enjoyable part of the job is providing great service and seeing happy customers at the end of the process. There is a great work and life balance with hours, not forgetting to mention the great incentives in wage and commission.
Pros
Very comfortable place to work and wages are good
Professional bunch of people both in Support office and stores. There is a great work-life balance with managers & leaders being very understanding. Overall an enjoyable place to work.
Sleepy's is the kind of company that will be what you make it. They have a "cost of seat" ethos whereas you need to cover the expenses your job brings to the business. This is greatly rewarded with both feel-good customer experiences (the chance to make a big difference in people's lives) and also financially with one of the most lucrative incentive schemes I've ever seen. Everyone has full access to upper management and the CEO, your voice will be listened to and you have the opportunity to present ideas and changes. This company has a "small family" type vibe where everyone connects regularly and there are some amazing people and leaders to talk to.
Pros
Feeling connected, good communication with upper management, financially rewarding, good products
Cons
Lean staffing structures, needs ability to wear "sales" and "admin" hats
Very Professional Company to work for and with processes in place to guide you through your journey at Sleepy’s to succeed. The support team at Head Office always helps where possible and the Area Leader is amazing.
Great place to work, good culture, exceptional training regime. A company that offers a unique retail experience that is all about care for the customer.
Pros
supportive management team, great incentive scheme
Literally the worst workplace ever. The managers of the Carindale and Fortitude Valley at the time were in kahoots, and would make mistakes and blame it on their employees. Then they would fire them to cover themselves.
Buissness owner lacking pride. Lacks ownership of constant issues between staff Has no pride instilled in self let alone staff. The owner needs to take pride in himself before expecting it of staff
Sleepy's has a good culture with positive people throughout the network. However the expectations of always being at work and spending weeks without days off becomes hard. Work life balance is not right for a retail chain and it was hard to leave work at work,.
Matching customers to their individual sleeping requirements to ensure quality sleep. Assisting in add on sales of designer ensemble bases & linen. Daily management of the business in every form.
Sleepy's are a very hard company to work, I was there for almost 7 years ,, Head office need to get into the real world .At the present time with the Australian they make it a very hard task ..
Pros
salary
Cons
watch your back!! There is no team work every one is out for themselves. The managers tell you they are there for you but stab you in the back without a second thought. I found out I was fired just before Christmas by reading an email of the new roster that had somebody else's name on it. When I asked I was then told I was fired.
Pros
Cons
Many
  1. Employee Reviews