Our Mission: Smart Energy was founded to help Australia realise its full solar potential through harnessing our lucky country’s abundance of sun. As a vertically integrated solar technology company, our mission is to save the planet, one roof at a time. We’re reducing the energy costs of Australian households and businesses while improving the nation’s – more...green credentials.
Our Back Story: In 2016 long-time friends Elliot Hayes and Beau Savage co-founded the company after having worked in Solar since finishing school. In this short time, Smart Energy has grown to more than 200 staff with offices in Byron Bay, Melbourne, Newcastle, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide and Wollongong. In 2017 Smart Energy installed more than 4 megawatts of Solar on more than 1,100 homes. Since then we’ve saved our customers more than $5 million on their energy bills and are now one of Australia’s market leaders in solar and currently average around 150 installations a week.
How we work:
Our business is solar, but more than that we’re helping everyday Australians and business owners save money on their quarterly power bills from their electricity retailer whilst contributing to the fight against climate change. Quality and customer satisfaction is at the core of what we do. That’s why we only use Clean Energy Council accredited Installers and Tier 1 products. We are committed to providing an environmentally friendly, affordable and enduring alternative to the polluting and increasingly expensive electricity generators & retailers.
Where are we today?
● We’re a market leader and one of the fastest growing companies in the renewables sector
● One of Australia’s most successful cashed-up start-ups We supply solar technologies nationally and have just completed a purpose-built HQ in Byron Bay.
In 3 years, we have grown from one pallet of panels and a warehouse to:
● 11 sales offices around the country
● Over 50 third party warehouses
● 100+ electrical contractors
● 200 dedicated employees and specialists
Now one of the largest residential solar retailers in Australia and the fastest growing, we are tackling new challenges. We plan to expand our residential offering internationally.
As a result of this astounding growth, we were selected by Commonwealth Bank to feature in its 2019 Business Insights Report to discuss how we foster an environment to handle growth and the impact technology has had on our business.
Why we are excited & exciting:
● Smart Energy is one of the most exciting businesses in the Australian energy sector
● Our business is tech driven
● The leadership group is young & ambitious
● Only 3 years old
● In our growth phase
● A disruptive business within a boom sector
● Compelling proposition + tier 1 products + great service
● Culture is our selling point. We’re vibrant, young & dynamic
● Leaders who empathise and energise
● We are an employer of choice
http://www.smartenergygroup.com.au – less