Smart Energy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Smart Energy Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews
Featured review
Smart Energy selected this as a representative review
Smart Energy is a great environment to learn life skills and make great money at the same time. I have enjoyed every part of my experience working here and would highly recommend it.
Pros
Cons
Na
Great work environment with high energy and enthusiasm, great team work and willingness to help out.
Have gained many valuable skills and techniques.
Pros
Skills that you attain
Great place to work, you have to work hard but everyone is nice and is a fun work environment, if you are struggling the managers will more then happily give you help and get you back on track.
Pros
Money, good work place
Cons
Gotta work hard
Smart Energy Group is a great fast-paced workplace that rewards performance and work effort. The job nature can become repetitive but the environment is enjoyable which balances out the nature of the job.
Pros
Pay, work environment, staff, ethical product and industry
Cons
Only suited to resilient individuals
Great place to work! Good culture and easy hours. Super easy going management, it’s always a breezy place to shop up to in the morning. There are Not many jobs you can say you enjoy.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
It can be a little mentally draining.
It’s a pretty cruisey place to work. The working hours are reasonable and the pay is fair. The office culture is top notch and there is a nice mix of work and play.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Repetitive
As far as jobs like this go I honestly believe this is the best one available. I enjoy the environment and managers. Bunch of good people to work with
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Only suited to resilient individuals
During my time at Smart Energy in Australia I Gained extensive knowledge in the solar industry. The team at Smart made my time there fun and always wanted us to progress.
Smart Energy has the best atmosphere and the team is amazing. The days go flying by. I am learning so much with Smart Energy, every day brings something new.
Love working here. the team are amazing. high energy with lots of smiles always. everyone is relaxed and everyone enjoys themselves.
would recommend working for this company as they look after their staff
It's great to be at a fast-growing business where they are really focused on outcomes, without all the usual corporate BS you can be subject to in other workplaces.

The culture at Smart is young at heart - we have fun and we get it done. If you're adaptable you'll thrive. Be comfortable working autonomously and focusing on what matters most - getting high quality solar systems on the roofs of our customers!

If you're the sort of person that needs a super structured role, with corporate attire, strict rostering, and strict org hierarchy, this isn't the workplace for you.
We're all eager to get results for this business, this industry and for the customers that are spending their hard-earned with us. Not sure exactly how they've built that culture but it's well and truly established - we're all pushing to be the best in the market, in all facets, daily.
In management we're able to make key decisions, we're able to directly fix issues or better processes or make adjustments that improve results in our channel - senior management wholeheartedly back us to make those calls.

On Friday afternoons you'll see staff either celebrating a successful week or keeping there heads down and making sure everything that needs to get done, gets done. This not enforced or mandated, this is just the culture - enjoy yourself if you're on top of it, keep pushing if there's more to do. Likely other members of the team will jump in to ensure the workload is shared in times of increased demand, without you needing to ask.

I've been working for 20 years for companies in Australia and abroad, this is without question the most satisfying and enjoyable place I've spent my time in. Good people, in a good industry achieving outstanding results.
Really good team atmosphere. Learn a lot of skills about solar. You build a lot of confidence. You get good experience and learn so much. Good management. Fun socializing after work. Become a big family.
Work here sometimes doesn’t feel like work because of the atmosphere and the people that surround you.
The job comes with the culture of knocking and the environment of sales.
Place to be if you want to make $$$$$

Whole vibe in the office is incredible

Team members are always positive and become lifelong friends

10/10 would recommend
The work culture makes this job a lot more interesting. Also job progression is very quick if you are good. Team is very supportive always ready to answer any question you may have.
I have been with Smart for 9 months. I love the promote from within business model allowing anyone who walks through the doors of Smart Energy the opportunity for success based upon your individual performance.

If you have the drive to succeed, whilst still maintaining a healthy work culture and environment this is the job for you.
When I moved to Australia I initially thought I wanted to pursue a career in my degree but due to my keen interest in renewable energy and hearing good things from a friend of a friend who worked for the company I decided to give it a go with Smart Energy.
Since I started I have really enjoyed the opportunities and appreciate the efforts to reward commitment and performance with opportunities to advance. The job itself is enjoyable as I like interacting with people and at the same time being able to do my part for the environment, as well as knowing it’s going to benefit the people I am talking to each day.
I started on the doors in Sydney, moved offices and became a phone Lead-Gen in Byron.

Hard work and organisation payed off and a fast promotion lead into sales and a team leader role, utilising from my back ground in teaching and training new starts.

I had never worked in sales before but I was trained but some absolute guns! When you sell something that is actually helping people save money, plus doing your bit for the environment, while earning good money, it's a very rewarding feeling.

Beats any job I have had in the past, mainly as the work life balance is perfect not to mention all my team are now my friends! As long as you are hard working you can do very well in Smart Energy.
I still work here, it is by far the best place I have ever worked.
Great culture, opportunity to make unreal money if you are a hard worker and there is mapped out progression within the company.

The culture is very young and it's not starchy like other places I've worked. People in management know their stuff but they trust the staff and let people take responsibility for their roles which is refreshing.

The job can be challenging but in a good way, and you are rewarded generously for hard work.
The place has an awesome environment and good co workers, however you gotta work hard to achieve the goals as expected. still an sick job with coool management. Very diverse and a good stepping stone in a sales career:) saving the world one roof at a time xx