Smart Energy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Smart Energy Employee Reviews in Wollongong NSW

Wollongong NSW5 reviews

4.7Work–Life Balance

Exciting place to work

During my time at Smart Energy in Australia I Gained extensive knowledge in the solar industry. The team at Smart made my time there fun and always wanted us to progress.

Misleading job ad, zero hr contract work, not Covid-19 safe

Colleagues were friendly and work atmosphere relaxed.However the job was not as advertised. Zero hrs contract with several waivers to rights and security contained in it. Team meetings and training were unpaid as well as any overtime. You would work a minimum of 35hrs a week yet received a salary for 25hrs.HR and accounts emails were not private and one of the company founders preferred to use direct facebook messangers instead of HR/accounts emailing you.There was no Covid-19 plan or safety precautions put in place.

Pros

Friendly colleagues, relaxed work environment

Cons

Unpaid work, zero hrs contract, company founder acts direct message on social media instead of HR

Brilliant company to work for, doing good for the planet whilst earning a good wage, with lovely people.

Been in Australia for 7 months after studying Architecture in the UK. Fancied a break from my studies and a new experience, probably now going to stay for as long as possible! Job is fairly easy to get the hang of, as long as your committed, you get out what you put in. Speak to loads of different characters on the job, and have met some friends for life in the workplace. There is loads of away trips which are good fun and a good chance to earn some decent money whilst seeing a lot of this beautiful country. The work your doing itself is good for the planet, and your saving people money at the same time, haven’t really got any negatives for the company itself or the job. Just keep a positive attitude, any negativity reflects on your performance at work.

Been with the company over 2 years. I love the role and the very generous commissions. Management are great, couldn’t recommend the company enough. Amazing place for young hungry sales people.

Was only there a month

Its actually a really chill job just really difficult to get the hang of and actually be good at, and if you aren't good then you wont keep it very long

Pros

Good money if you are good at the job

Cons

Its hard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smart Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.8