Smart Teachers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Smart Teachers Employee Reviews

Staff are quick to find work in schools across London. Generally deal with one person who finds positions suitable for you both distance and experience wise.
Absolutely loved working for Smart teachers. I really enjoyed my time with them and would advise anyone to start your teachers with them. Thank you ST
Enjoyed working in recruitment
Was a small company during my time, has more recently grown significantly

Fast-paced, classic recruitment

Some opportunity to progress
They kept me posted for available job posts initially for like 2 weeks. After about 2 opportunities that I rejected due to location/ salary, they stopped contacting me. I emailed them and even phoned them. They did pick up the phone, however was just trying to brush me off as quickly as they could. They responded by saying they would give me a call back to tell me the availability of the situation. Never did. And of course, never replied to my email. Really not the consultants you'd like to end up with. Went with other BETTER agents instead!
No issues. Helpful, staff are friendly and supportive.
I got a good job in a nice school, decent pay and no umbrella company which helped my financial situation.
Really happy with the consistent service provided by the Aussie and UK teams. Reliable and good communication throughout both experiences, unless other agencies.
I work closely with one particular consultant who is able to match you to the right job. The staff are friendly and helpful. they respond well to phone calls and emails.
The teacher consultants at Smart are very friendly, helpful and positive and I couldn't rate them more!

However, upon applying for the role, I found the organisation of the company very frustrating.

I was hoping to gain some primary school experience and I was assigned work every single day except for snow days/start of term days. In schools I was able to spend time in KS1 and KS2 classrooms and gain experience of planning.

The hardest part of the job was not knowing where you would be going each day; not creating a network of colleagues; not knowing school policies; traveling long distances each day; not having permanent work guaranteed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with children; getting an insight into different schools across London; seeing different parts of London.
Pros
Less stress
Cons
Traveling long distances
It is great working for smart teachers I enjoyed all the schools I've worked in and the management are really helpful you can call them and they are there to answer all your questions.
Pros
They have a lot of work
Cons
Smart Teachers was a supportive company that would find work for teachers. After a days work they would call to check in with the teacher and take feedback on the school and class. They were dedicated in finding a school that fits my teaching style and advancement in my career.
Not applicable as I was temporary supply worker for that agency. I was contracted to be on supply from September 2017 to July 2018 with a view to access their teacher training programme. Unfortunately this was terminated with little notice due to financial constraints with employer.
Very useful for fitting in around my studies whilst at university. You are able to tell them your availability on a week-by-week basis and they will try their hardest to find you work. The only downside is that there is sometimes no work available on certain days, or the only available work might be quite far away from where you live. I would definitely recommend them though!
Working with Smart Teachers is great. They are friendly and tend to the individuals every need. They provide daily work and long term work when you need it. They are great for consultation.
I have started working for SMART this year in January as a TA on a casual basis. I was sent to about 6 different schools so far and worked mainly with stage 2 pupils.
The consultants were always polite and understanding of my needs and circumstances eg the distance to school by car was my main obstical which did not allow to take all the booking available at that day. I was never pressured however to take the job if it was too far. I was always asked how did it go after I was sent to a new place, which was very helpful and made it easier at the beggining. I felt that people at Smart do care about me as individual and the relationship I built with my consultant is honest and respectful.

I had never missed the pay and therefore grateful. In some occasions I had to chase my payslips which were done internally/ electronically from school, but my pay arrived next week and there was not an issue at all.

I have attended a course organised by the agency and found it very useful and will be attending some more in the future. Girls who overseen it were very helpful and organised, it was a pleasure to say the least.

I have also met some wonderful teachers and fellow TAs from Smart at my work places and could honestly say that they were lovely to work with, they were supportive and professional.

With no hesitation I would recommend Smart teachers to anyone who is looking for a good agency.
Pros
casual work
Cons
not always work available on the day I am free
Smart Teachers are an amazing agency. The agents/consultants are all very friendly and constantly there for advice and finding new roles.
Pros
Great communication
Cons
N/a
The company Smart Teachers has very a closely knit and proactive team. I get all the support that I need, when I need it. They support the teachers 24-7 and assist them with their professional development.
Smart Teachers is the first place I've worked where I've genuinely loved coming to work every day. I feel lucky to work in such a vibrant office with a team of people who are so passionate about what they do. Management is superb and extremely supportive. We work hard, play hard, and have a lot of fun.
They found me work very quickly. Professional and helpful team. Also very friendly. I recommend them for anyone looking into temping.
I have had previous experience with students who have been removed from mainstream education before but I was at first shocked at the behaviour they exhibited on my first day. I do feel that perhaps their behaviour was extreme as I was a new teacher, however, they soon adapted to having me around and by the end of the day, I was able to break down barriers and the most hostile of students were confiding in me and asking for help.
I felt that we connected and they were able to talk to me like a peer rather than seeing me as the enemy. The full time teachers were amazing at their jobs and knew exactly how to react to each individual and situation that arose. They were supportive and engaging. I felt well briefed and felt that progress was made.