Smart Teachers Employee Reviews

Great place to gain experience
Class Teacher (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 August 2018
The teacher consultants at Smart are very friendly, helpful and positive and I couldn't rate them more!

However, upon applying for the role, I found the organisation of the company very frustrating.

I was hoping to gain some primary school experience and I was assigned work every single day except for snow days/start of term days. In schools I was able to spend time in KS1 and KS2 classrooms and gain experience of planning.

The hardest part of the job was not knowing where you would be going each day; not creating a network of colleagues; not knowing school policies; traveling long distances each day; not having permanent work guaranteed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with children; getting an insight into different schools across London; seeing different parts of London.
Pros
Less stress
Cons
Traveling long distances
Fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London31 May 2018
It is great working for smart teachers I enjoyed all the schools I've worked in and the management are really helpful you can call them and they are there to answer all your questions.
Pros
They have a lot of work
Smile and Go
Supply Teacher, Kindergarten (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 December 2017
Smart Teachers was a supportive company that would find work for teachers. After a days work they would call to check in with the teacher and take feedback on the school and class. They were dedicated in finding a school that fits my teaching style and advancement in my career.
N/a
On assignment as HLTA/Unqualified teacher based (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London15 December 2017
Not applicable as I was temporary supply worker for that agency. I was contracted to be on supply from September 2017 to July 2018 with a view to access their teacher training programme. Unfortunately this was terminated with little notice due to financial constraints with employer.
Flexible work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 July 2016
Very useful for fitting in around my studies whilst at university. You are able to tell them your availability on a week-by-week basis and they will try their hardest to find you work. The only downside is that there is sometimes no work available on certain days, or the only available work might be quite far away from where you live. I would definitely recommend them though!
good experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London21 July 2016
Working with Smart Teachers is great. They are friendly and tend to the individuals every need. They provide daily work and long term work when you need it. They are great for consultation.
Professional and friendly agency
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  North West London8 July 2016
I have started working for SMART this year in January as a TA on a casual basis. I was sent to about 6 different schools so far and worked mainly with stage 2 pupils.
The consultants were always polite and understanding of my needs and circumstances eg the distance to school by car was my main obstical which did not allow to take all the booking available at that day. I was never pressured however to take the job if it was too far. I was always asked how did it go after I was sent to a new place, which was very helpful and made it easier at the beggining. I felt that people at Smart do care about me as individual and the relationship I built with my consultant is honest and respectful.
I had never missed the pay and therefore grateful. In some occasions I had to chase my payslips which were done internally/ electronically from school, but my pay arrived next week and there was not an issue at all.
I have attended a course organised by the agency and found it very useful and will be attending some more in the future. Girls who overseen it were very helpful and organised, it was a pleasure to say the least.
I have also met some wonderful teachers and fellow TAs from Smart at my work places and could honestly say that they were lovely to work with, they were supportive and professional.
With no hesitation I would recommend Smart teachers to anyone who is looking for a good agency.
Pros
casual work
Cons
not always work available on the day I am free
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London8 February 2016
Smart Teachers are an amazing agency. The agents/consultants are all very friendly and constantly there for advice and finding new roles.
Pros
Great communication
Cons
N/a
Very Supportive
Supply teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG17 June 2015
The company Smart Teachers has very a closely knit and proactive team. I get all the support that I need, when I need it. They support the teachers 24-7 and assist them with their professional development.
Great people, great company
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Covent Garden27 May 2015
Smart Teachers is the first place I've worked where I've genuinely loved coming to work every day. I feel lucky to work in such a vibrant office with a team of people who are so passionate about what they do. Management is superb and extremely supportive. We work hard, play hard, and have a lot of fun.
V Good
Administrator/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Covent Garden9 March 2015
They found me work very quickly. Professional and helpful team. Also very friendly. I recommend them for anyone looking into temping.
Intense but rewarding workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG7 August 2013
I have had previous experience with students who have been removed from mainstream education before but I was at first shocked at the behaviour they exhibited on my first day. I do feel that perhaps their behaviour was extreme as I was a new teacher, however, they soon adapted to having me around and by the end of the day, I was able to break down barriers and the most hostile of students were confiding in me and asking for help.
I felt that we connected and they were able to talk to me like a peer rather than seeing me as the enemy. The full time teachers were amazing at their jobs and knew exactly how to react to each individual and situation that arose. They were supportive and engaging. I felt well briefed and felt that progress was made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smart Teachers. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4