SMART Technologies Employee Reviews

Intro to copiers
Copier Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FL21 May 2019
It was an ok place to work. The atmosphere was very relax. The work was consistent. There was not a great sense of togetherness or morale for the size of the office, but it was efficient enough to get the work done.
Pros
Learned copiers
Cons
Low pay
Yall got me mess up
Processor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 April 2019
Yall gave me a FAKE CHECK.. this company need to be shut down.. dont even got the money to pay they employees
Give you all these dreams and hopes that you going get paid some decent money but you not.. hours ain't nothing but them lazy supervisor get all they money.. dont even give you your money give you checks that bounce..now ima need my money or I'm suing yall .. and that's a PROMISE ..
Pros
No pros this job aint nothomf
Cons
Give out fake bounce check
Great vision, poor execution.
Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  USA24 January 2019
While they strive to help students and teachers succeed, leadership doesn't understand the reality of the market - especially EDU. While the products are generally great, the costs are incredibly prohibitive and the unwillingness of leadership to reduce margin to better match every other vendor in the market has caused the company's market share to continue to decline YoY.

High percentage of people I worked with are absolutely great people who are working hard to create solutions to help advance learning. The sales leadership (and captain of the ship) are so focused on hitting numbers (which I completely understand) that they are closed to the reasoning and rational behind why the goals are unattainable.

Sales leadership are not leaders, they are bosses. There is an enormous difference between the two.
Pros
Mission
Cons
Leaders are looking out for #1 and will throw you under the bus.
Excellent work environment. Outstanding customer service. Knowledgeable and courteous supervisors and managers.
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL15 January 2019
Working for Smart Technologies is one of the best jobs I've had. There's plenty of room to grow and expand also, they have excellent benefit packages. There's always training to improve skills. The company promotes from within.
Pros
You receive fair raises and reviews
Cons
This is a fast-paced company and you have to manage your time wisely.
productive and fun
ㆍMechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2018
good experiences with coworkers and have learned a lot about electronic board design. ISM and IFP design and open cell design. from the initial concept to the final product design
Good job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2018
Fast passed environment with friendly staff. Learned about the products that fabricate. Management is friendly and have a good sense of humor. Great place to work.
Pros
People
Cons
People
Great team environment.
Team Lead, Training Ops & Events (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2018
The people at SMART made this one of my favourite positions despite the odd company culture and mircro management of employees. The job itself was extremely enjoyable.
Pros
one day off a month
Cons
bad culture
Great Products, people, and fun,fast paced enviroment
Support Escalation Specialist (SME) (Former Employee) –  Smart Room Systems Micosoft Skype for Business30 October 2018
I am happy to say that SMART was good for me and I really enjoyed working , but as many others the economy in Alberta takes its toll, I did not leave my job, it left me
Pros
good place to go to work
Great staff - very bad leadership
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2018
Simply put there are a lot of great people working here who do not have any leadership to follow. This company follows the definition of insanity expecting things to change.
Pros
staff salaries
Cons
letting people go versus any attempt to help
Mooi bedrijf
EDUCATION CONSULTANT BENELUX (Current Employee) –  Zoetermeer31 August 2018
Solide bedrijf met een mooie visie en missie. Kleine teams, hoge werkdruk, maar loon naar werken.
Enjoyed my time there
Mechanical Design Engineer - Product Development (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA1 June 2018
Was a fun office to work with. Loved the fellow employees and my coworkers. They spent a long time working on good worklife balance but it was fading away with new management.
Pros
easy hours and decent pay
Cons
upper management
a nice place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst - Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2018
SMART have very nice people. People there work together like a family. Due to the restructure of the company, it doesn't feel very stable to work there.
Too much inexperience in the management team.
Senior System Test and Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2018
A directionless sweatshop. The program/product management team is floundering and Is causing all other development teams to drown in technical, operational and professional uncertainty.
Pros
Great trench mates and a good job.
Cons
Very weak project management and bullying operational management.
Fun and Casual Employee Oriented Company
Order Management Specialist - Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2018
SMART Technology is a great company which tries to really take care of their employees. They focus on a fun oriented work environment while also maintaining productivity, responsibility and respect.
Pros
Not in downtown
Cons
Difficult to reach with transit
Spent a lot of time in meetings
Returns Material Authorization (RMA) Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2018
I could not focus on my job because of numerous daily meetings. Upper management had different agendas and it depended on which team you worked that guaranteed your success. I had the job of manager but was constantly undermined by a subordinate who had a relationship with upper management.
entreprise dynamique
Auditeur Interne - Normes (Former Employee) –  Dakar, SN8 February 2018
une entreprise dynamique et évolutive avec une division du travail extraordinaire permettant une perspective de carrière avérée.
Pros
perspectives de carrière
Cons
pas d'avantages en nature
Excellent co-workers, low pay
Education Courseware Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2018
SMART was excellent at hiring people who "fit" together. However, their pay was low and their expectations high. Months of work would end up being trashed due to sudden market changes. Very little foresight, disorganized, and prone to unreasonable expectations for revenue.
Great base product lacked vision
Education Services, Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2017
Smart Boards are a brilliant product. Unfortunately SMART wasn't able to build on this product's success or develop the ecosystem around it to increase their success.
Pros
Convenient location and nice office furniture
Cons
Poor people management and politics.
Opinions on current workplace
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 December 2017
My typical day sees me taking international calls pertaining to software/hardware related issues. I have used the opportunity to continue to expand my technical expertise as well as further develop on my customer service skills.
Lack Luster but Good Expereince
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2017
As an intern at the company, my time there was temporary, but was a good experience. The bulk of the daily duties included data entry orders, running and sending reports, and using the CRM system. My coworkers were very passionate about their work and some were down right excited the moment they walked into the office. Though there was not a lot of 'marketing' involved in this position, it helps you understand some of the important processes in the 'sales' aspect of the company.