Smiggle UK Employee Reviews

Not very supportive
Store Manager Full Time (Former Employee) –  Claremont WA5 May 2017
Enjoyed the ppl and training but struggled with management and vm. I found the expectations outweighed the salary. Long hours and the reality of advancement ceased when they closed the Perth head office.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hard to achieve bonus
Great Interactive Work Place
2IC/ Supervisor/ Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC2 March 2017
Although a fun place to work unfortunately there is no support or training provided, therefor no room for growth.

Great company however may need to rethink the procedures in place.
Productive and Fun place to work, testing the new stock
Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dubbo, NSW24 November 2015
A really fun place to work, very vibrant and colourful. Any quarrels with other staff members were resolved promptly and effectively. Most enjoyable moments are testing out the new stock and playing with the toys. The staff count has always been small so it was easy to build relationships with all the staff. However sometimes making the weekly budget can be really difficult.
Pros
Fun Toys and Games to test and put on display
Cons
Peak hours make the store rather messy
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne5 February 2015
Fun job get to play with and test all the product and interacting with kids (showing them how the products work)
all my team members were so great to work with learned a lot from them
Great promotions every week
Fun and Enjoyable
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Mount Gravatt, QLD2 February 2015
Typical day consisted of always attending to the customers, meeting daily budgets and bringing energy into the store. I learned a lot about retail, such as: setting up the shop for promotions, refunds and exchanges, customer complaints, receiving stock. Everyone at Smiggle is very friendly and so easy to get along with.
Friendly and comfortable Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport28 January 2013
A typical day at Smiggle always started with counting the till and tidying the store ready for customers. We always maintained postivie attitudes and communicated with other staff members. One of the challanges in the store was trying to help people who did not speak English. Being at the airport we had many non-English speaking customers and language barriers usually came up. However, this also made each day interesting and kept us motivated to give great customer service. I enjoyed this a lot while I was employed.
Pros
staff discount of store items
Cons
no overlapping shifts - early starts/late finishes (6:30-22:30)