Smith & Nephew Employee Reviews

3.7Pay & Benefits
3.0Job Security & Advancement
Traditional employer
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 March 2019
The work environment fairly traditional, management somewhat aloof.
Lower grades of staff not happy with lack of leadership.
My experience, facilities good, products good, culture changing and less people focused.
Expectation that if you have a company telephone then you are available any time any where, culture deteriorated in this respect.
Reasonable working environment though depended on your reporting lines whether the individual feels the benefit.
Fairly old technology needs to address the internals if too compete with their competitors.
Pros
Occasional pizza, monthly birthdays
Cons
Lack of leadership in a complex matrix environment
I have enjoyed my two week working as a warehouse assistant.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  North Ryde NSW31 May 2017
working in warehouse is always busy and the time go very fast, because it is medical product we need to me more attention. The warehouse team was good.
Great management team
Marketing Manager Endoscopy (Former Employee) –  Europe12 December 2016
Great company with strong marketing and sales objectives. Sales & Research & development connections make dedicated and best in class products. Worked with French team and after with European pool teams.
Competent and confident project team committed to utilising the capabilities and processes implemented through the company global transformationl
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park30 September 2015
Industry was incredible interesting and the project moved at an incredible pace for such a small team. The small project team was made up of a seconded global team and selected local business representatives. It was an amazing experience to be afforded the opportunity to be a part of a team that formed quickly, and even quicker developed into a high performing and functioning solutions delivery team.
The project timeline did not move and everyone supported each other when a project deliverable was due.
Trying to fit Australian processes into a global suite of training materials was incredibly hard due to the fact they had been operating on the system for the last 10 years and it was only the process that was changing.
Pros
Encouraged working from home and provided weekly company funded events.
Cons
Comprised quality end user experience to deliver key business system on time
Challenging environment & always learning
Service Centre Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sydney1 January 2015
My typical day at work varies, my hours are 8:30 – 17:00 but I tend to stay late to get the job done as the job sector I’m I, I deal with operating theatres and we have a lot of last minute cases.

I’ve learned so much about the business, the management is autonomous allows me to lead my team and achieve our daily objectives. My co- workers are great in regards to been consistent when completing their daily tasks.

The hardest part of my job is ensuring the technicians are happy with their workload and ensuring KPIs are met. The enjoyable part of my job is achieving ETAs and keeping our customers happy so cases can go ahead.
Pros
always learning
Cons
limited on personal development