Smith & Nephew Management reviews

3.7Pay & Benefits
3.0Job Security & Advancement
Traditional employer
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 March 2019
The work environment fairly traditional, management somewhat aloof.
Lower grades of staff not happy with lack of leadership.
My experience, facilities good, products good, culture changing and less people focused.
Expectation that if you have a company telephone then you are available any time any where, culture deteriorated in this respect.
Reasonable working environment though depended on your reporting lines whether the individual feels the benefit.
Fairly old technology needs to address the internals if too compete with their competitors.
Pros
Occasional pizza, monthly birthdays
Cons
Lack of leadership in a complex matrix environment
Challenging environment & always learning
Service Centre Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sydney1 January 2015
My typical day at work varies, my hours are 8:30 – 17:00 but I tend to stay late to get the job done as the job sector I’m I, I deal with operating theatres and we have a lot of last minute cases.

I’ve learned so much about the business, the management is autonomous allows me to lead my team and achieve our daily objectives. My co- workers are great in regards to been consistent when completing their daily tasks.

The hardest part of my job is ensuring the technicians are happy with their workload and ensuring KPIs are met. The enjoyable part of my job is achieving ETAs and keeping our customers happy so cases can go ahead.
Pros
always learning
Cons
limited on personal development