Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 124 reviews matching the search See all 12,103 reviews
A typical day at work is to follow the rules. I ha e learn how to tired the cardboard I learned to work as collections I lso learn to work with diffe
Cleaner (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Kirara23 December 2018
Driving buse I m a person working with people I like to learn new things I'm a bus Operator but I can a house keeping if I dont driving because Sodexo teach me all the job. But I be also Kitchen helper or cleaning toilet.
Pros
Cons
11 hrs
Preach safety but will treat you like a criminal if you report any incident.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Christmas creek wa23 January 2019
Be quiet, invisible and submissive and you will be ok. Push more and more work on everyone and receive minimum wage.
If you speak up about issues your not happy with, you will be shot down in flames.
I was made out to be a liar and a trouble maker for reporting something unsafe. Management had me in tears 3 times on a week.
I didnt hesitate to resign
Cons
Little reward for your hard work
Abosutley Disgraceful Management
Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Paraburdoo20 December 2018
People with no integrity , rather then support good people Sodexo choose deceitful liars management that are cowards , resorting to bullying slander
Pros
None after that experience/
Cons
Liars & People With NO INTEGRITY !
Run and don’t look back
FM (Former Employee) –  Queensland6 November 2018
Critical roles are handed to internal staff from other departments with zero background experience, poor work ethic and no education or intelligence and those with experience are treated like outcasts for actually having a clue. So long as you’re in the circle of what could only be the worst possible group of people I have ever had the misfortune of working with you won’t have any issues. Staff in leadership roles completing jobs whilst unlicensed, safety rules are breached and swept under the rug. Mandatory daily breath tests aren’t completed by certain staff regularly as they would fail most days. There is no genuine acknowledgement of good work ethic or dedication, and honest mistakes are responded to with micro managing and bullying. Even the client rep was belittled mercilessly by these incompetent people. Staff turn over is incredibly high, and for good reason.
Pros
Zero
Cons
I took the job
Worst employer i have ever worked for
Facilities Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC31 August 2018
Middle/lower management mostly have no idea what they are doing, the ones that do don't stay for long. Progression opportunities are given to those with poor work ethic, and an alarming lack of general knowledge, let alone education or intelligence - it's a case of 'it's not what you know, it's who you know'. There is no genuine acknowledgement of good work ethic or dedication, and honest mistakes are responded to with micro managing and threats of termination. Staff turn over was massive when I was there, and for good reason. They also claim to be environmentally responsible (this is depicted with images of agricultural crops = fail!) and to acknowledge traditional land owners, yet one of their biggest clients happens to be one of Australia's largest open cut mining operators! Never again. I'd rather eat out of rubbish bins than work here again!
Pros
Cons
Abysmal excuses for managers
You're nothing but a number
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 August 2018
Long hours, not so good pay, get treated like a 2nd class citizen, if doing FIFO you will realise everyone else gets the good stuff before you do. For example you will get a small room for 1 year before an upgrade, whilst there could be rooms available for you to upgrade into.
A good job while it was there
CONSOLE OPERATOR, SODEXO (Former Employee) –  Pheasant's Nest, Hume Hwy Northbound NSW23 May 2018
My experience with working for Seven Eleven was a bit of a mixed bag, unfortunately the manager was not too into letting you know when you had done something wrong, which led to the loss of work hours without me knowing why.
The pay was alright, but without shifts to back that up it simply became nonviable to continue working there.

This having been said, I wholly approve of the management at Sodexo itself. I had no issues with them, they were courteous and professional at any times I was to deal with them.
Simple
Casual Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Harman ACT5 May 2018
Very accommodating to younger people looking for work. Very relaxed environment to work in. Management was great and encouraging. I learnt a lot and would love to still be working there.
Pros
salary, environment, patrons
Cons
seasonal
Great place to work, great team environment. Long hours and not a great roster.
Building Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA11 April 2018
I would typically run all pre start meetings with trades and sub contractors prior to shift starting and allocate all works to trades for daily and weekly tasks that required completing. Dealt with the clients and managed there expectation and carried out quote and scoping works required for the client.
also monitor and manage all budget requirements surrounding the building maintenance portfolio.
Pros
Very busy and challenging contract to work on
Cons
Roster and long hours
great work place with all you need .
Chef (Former Employee) –  W.A15 April 2018
Great place to work,good conditions and people,great to travel around W.A. always learning new ways of doing my job. can get a bit hot in the summer ,but otherwise a good gig.Best part of the job going home after 2 weeks away.
Pros
free accom, food, travel
Cons
Good company to work for
Approved Manager/ Bar-utility-fifo (Former Employee) –  Newman WA26 March 2018
I enjoyed working for Sodexo and would go back if the right job came up. Only reason I left was because I broke my leg on my week off. They were long days but well worth it in the end. The 2/1 roster was good because it wasn’t too long away. A highly recommended company
Pros
Free food, gym and pool facilities
Cons
No aircon in the laundries
Its Okay
Catering Administrator \ Boardroom Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sydney CDB16 March 2018
Joining Sodexo was a learning experience in tolerance.
Was not the best culture and was not the happiest time for me or my colleagues, there were some bright spots but not many.
Pros
Free lunches, team unity
Cons
Direct management
Challenges rewarding and working with great people
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 March 2018
Enjoyed the challenges of problem solving and greeting customer's at reception. Meeting deadlines in ensuring contracts were delivered on time. Looking after trainees for training courses. Working with and helping fellow employees. Love a team environment.
Pros
Customer feedback
Worst company ever
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pilbara WA27 March 2018
No reward for hard work and staying sober.if you are purple circle your mates will let you blow numbers and go to work putting everyone else at risk. Saw this many times.no regard for fatigue issues.worked site cleaning in a team of 4.only 3 had a licence..company policy was you had to have one.
No respect at all.some people worked to bone others get to cruise on and the gossip and backstabbing was incredible.
Pros
The scenery
Cons
Lying management and inconsistancies
Great Company, No Stability
National HVAC/R Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC13 March 2018
Sodexo seemed like a fantastic company to work for hence the reason I had decided to leave my long term employer to come across. I was excited to be starting at a new company but it was only after i started that i realized that I had taken a job that had a very fractured relationship with the main client for which was the reason why I had come on-board to service. I loved the workplace, i loved the staff but I was retrenched less than 6 months into my new role all the while feeling like this was known to be coming by the people that employed me. Totally unfounded but nonetheless having been exposed to how big business operates employing me was a last ditched attempt at trying to repair a relationship that was already long gone. I saw a lot of people work very long hours which then became an expectation rather than a luxury.
Pros
location, staff
Cons
Long Hours, changing goal post (constantly)
enjoyed it
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Balcatta WA13 March 2018
was a good work enviroment. good bosses . food cooked for you. wonderful residents.
learned to be part of a team. a team that moves together and grows together
Pros
1 week off
Cons
flying back in
Great Crew To Work With, Good Facilities & Location. Variety Of Work Tasks
Bus / Coach Driver & Camp Utilities (Former Employee) –  Brockman WA15 February 2018
Overall a very good experience working for Sodexo at Brockman &
Nammuldi Camp / Facilities. Worked with a Great Team and enjoyed the wide variety of work scope. The reason I left was purely financial due to living rural wa and the added cost of commuting via Perth ( my expense ) to my work flight. Would definitely work there again should opportunity present.
Pros
Great Work Team, 2 week rosters ( Not 4 Weeks ), Variety of Work
Cons
Not being able to access direct flights from Geraldton even though they exist.
Highly supportive at site level from Head Office
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rio Tinto site in WA18 January 2018
It's long hours but the work is varied and exciting. Would recommend highly to any individual who is inetereted in working FIFO.
Also look at potential for growth are excellent.
Pros
Food / Accommodation provided for, cost savings
Good espirit decorpe
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sodexo Prominent Hill SA15 January 2018
Attend daily toolbox meeting on site working as a Security Officer (FIFO) for Sodexo. Shift were 12 hrs day and nights 2:1 rostering.
Patrolled village areas and guard house duties also assisted in wet mess and airport booking office and baggage handling.

FIFO culture is very enjoyable good comradeship with fellow workers.

Liaised daily with Sodexo management operations on site and Admin staff.

Some days the ambient temperature on site was above 50Celcius but manage to hydrate well and wear proper PPE.

Enjoyed working with different cultural staff on site had a great bond with fellow workers in FIFO role.
Pros
Good accomadation and food
Cons
12 hour shifts
Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Amrun weipa28 December 2017
Expect the world of you but give nothing in return very poor unsympathetic management that don’t last, you are way overworked and underpaid on a 3week on 1 week off swing they expect you to work miracles always under staffed expect you to do the work of 2-3 people you could be half dead and they still expect you to go back to work