Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 118 reviews matching the search See all 11,565 reviews
Worst employer i have ever worked for
Facilities Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC31 August 2018
Middle/lower management mostly have no idea what they are doing, the ones that do don't stay for long. Progression opportunities are given to those with poor work ethic, and an alarming lack of general knowledge, let alone education or intelligence - it's a case of 'it's not what you know, it's who you know'. There is no genuine acknowledgement of good work ethic or dedication, and honest mistakes are responded to with micro managing and threats of termination. Staff turn over was massive when I was there, and for good reason. They also claim to be environmentally responsible (this is depicted with images of agricultural crops = fail!) and to acknowledge traditional land owners, yet one of their biggest clients happens to be one of Australia's largest open cut mining operators! Never again. I'd rather eat out of rubbish bins than work here again!
Pros
Cons
Abysmal excuses for managers
You're nothing but a number
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 August 2018
Long hours, not so good pay, get treated like a 2nd class citizen, if doing FIFO you will realise everyone else gets the good stuff before you do. For example you will get a small room for 1 year before an upgrade, whilst there could be rooms available for you to upgrade into.
Simple
Casual Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Harman ACT5 May 2018
Very accommodating to younger people looking for work. Very relaxed environment to work in. Management was great and encouraging. I learnt a lot and would love to still be working there.
Pros
salary, environment, patrons
Cons
seasonal
great work place with all you need .
Chef (Former Employee) –  W.A15 April 2018
Great place to work,good conditions and people,great to travel around W.A. always learning new ways of doing my job. can get a bit hot in the summer ,but otherwise a good gig.Best part of the job going home after 2 weeks away.
Pros
free accom, food, travel
Cons
Great place to work, great team environment. Long hours and not a great roster.
Building Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA11 April 2018
I would typically run all pre start meetings with trades and sub contractors prior to shift starting and allocate all works to trades for daily and weekly tasks that required completing. Dealt with the clients and managed there expectation and carried out quote and scoping works required for the client.
also monitor and manage all budget requirements surrounding the building maintenance portfolio.
Pros
Very busy and challenging contract to work on
Cons
Roster and long hours
Worst company ever
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pilbara WA27 March 2018
No reward for hard work and staying sober.if you are purple circle your mates will let you blow numbers and go to work putting everyone else at risk. Saw this many times.no regard for fatigue issues.worked site cleaning in a team of 4.only 3 had a licence..company policy was you had to have one.
No respect at all.some people worked to bone others get to cruise on and the gossip and backstabbing was incredible.
Pros
The scenery
Cons
Lying management and inconsistancies
Challenges rewarding and working with great people
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 March 2018
Enjoyed the challenges of problem solving and greeting customer's at reception. Meeting deadlines in ensuring contracts were delivered on time. Looking after trainees for training courses. Working with and helping fellow employees. Love a team environment.
Pros
Customer feedback
Good company to work for
Approved Manager/ Bar-utility-fifo (Former Employee) –  Newman WA26 March 2018
I enjoyed working for Sodexo and would go back if the right job came up. Only reason I left was because I broke my leg on my week off. They were long days but well worth it in the end. The 2/1 roster was good because it wasn’t too long away. A highly recommended company
Pros
Free food, gym and pool facilities
Cons
No aircon in the laundries
Its Okay
Catering Administrator \ Boardroom Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sydney CDB16 March 2018
Joining Sodexo was a learning experience in tolerance.
Was not the best culture and was not the happiest time for me or my colleagues, there were some bright spots but not many.
Pros
Free lunches, team unity
Cons
Direct management
enjoyed it
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Balcatta WA13 March 2018
was a good work enviroment. good bosses . food cooked for you. wonderful residents.
learned to be part of a team. a team that moves together and grows together
Pros
1 week off
Cons
flying back in
Great Company, No Stability
National HVAC/R Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC13 March 2018
Sodexo seemed like a fantastic company to work for hence the reason I had decided to leave my long term employer to come across. I was excited to be starting at a new company but it was only after i started that i realized that I had taken a job that had a very fractured relationship with the main client for which was the reason why I had come on-board to service. I loved the workplace, i loved the staff but I was retrenched less than 6 months into my new role all the while feeling like this was known to be coming by the people that employed me. Totally unfounded but nonetheless having been exposed to how big business operates employing me was a last ditched attempt at trying to repair a relationship that was already long gone. I saw a lot of people work very long hours which then became an expectation rather than a luxury.
Pros
location, staff
Cons
Long Hours, changing goal post (constantly)
Great Crew To Work With, Good Facilities & Location. Variety Of Work Tasks
Bus / Coach Driver & Camp Utilities (Former Employee) –  Brockman WA15 February 2018
Overall a very good experience working for Sodexo at Brockman &
Nammuldi Camp / Facilities. Worked with a Great Team and enjoyed the wide variety of work scope. The reason I left was purely financial due to living rural wa and the added cost of commuting via Perth ( my expense ) to my work flight. Would definitely work there again should opportunity present.
Pros
Great Work Team, 2 week rosters ( Not 4 Weeks ), Variety of Work
Cons
Not being able to access direct flights from Geraldton even though they exist.
Highly supportive at site level from Head Office
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rio Tinto site in WA18 January 2018
It's long hours but the work is varied and exciting. Would recommend highly to any individual who is inetereted in working FIFO.
Also look at potential for growth are excellent.
Pros
Food / Accommodation provided for, cost savings
Good espirit decorpe
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sodexo Prominent Hill SA15 January 2018
Attend daily toolbox meeting on site working as a Security Officer (FIFO) for Sodexo. Shift were 12 hrs day and nights 2:1 rostering.
Patrolled village areas and guard house duties also assisted in wet mess and airport booking office and baggage handling.

FIFO culture is very enjoyable good comradeship with fellow workers.

Liaised daily with Sodexo management operations on site and Admin staff.

Some days the ambient temperature on site was above 50Celcius but manage to hydrate well and wear proper PPE.

Enjoyed working with different cultural staff on site had a great bond with fellow workers in FIFO role.
Pros
Good accomadation and food
Cons
12 hour shifts
Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Amrun weipa28 December 2017
Expect the world of you but give nothing in return very poor unsympathetic management that don’t last, you are way overworked and underpaid on a 3week on 1 week off swing they expect you to work miracles always under staffed expect you to do the work of 2-3 people you could be half dead and they still expect you to go back to work
Something different
Bus driver/Utility (Former Employee) –  Brockman 410 December 2017
Worked as Bus/Utility in Brockman 4, wage was the only reason to leave. Can find a job in the city for same wage, even if include travel/food expenses.
Expect to spend time to train and work with new starters and try to finish your duties, not paid extra.
Could not handle guys with so much mining experience, that they been overqualified when they got the job, but they are usually useless. Deal with it.
Pros
Gym is awesome, food not bad
Cons
Split shifts also good if you are a swimming pool lover!
fun work place
Cleaning Staff (Former Employee) –  Western Australia26 November 2017
its sad CIDC shutdown on 2013
its a good company good working invironment good people good management.
different kind of people that works there
I enjoy working
Pros
free lunch
Cons
The staff were not happy as training and management were not sufficient
administration/Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD12 November 2017
I worked for this company for a short period of time. The staff turnover and discontent at the office was quite high. The staff were not happy with training or lack of and admin support was minimal.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Hard work, long hours, unsympathetic management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  NT30 October 2017
Started as a good company to work for until the crash in resource prices. Once the squeeze was put on the company by clients the one asset they have, people, became a secondary consideration. All about the bottom line. Some individual managers were fantastic but overall the culture was $$$ driven.
Pros
2 weeks on one week off roster
Cons
long hours in harsh conditions
Caring and friendly working environment.
Utility Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 October 2017
like working
like making new friends
like meeting new people, the pay was good, friendly workers, every body work together as a team. we support
each others, we had each other back, we like each other.
Pros
team bbq
Cons
i can work long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54K