Sodexo
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Sodexo:

Sodexo Employee Reviews

Australia171 reviews
2/1 Roster, 11 hours a day and you work hard. Job satisfaction is good and the team I have worked with have been great, very supportive. I find a week home with my family and friends is great and you can catch up on most things. It is very challenging but I do get a lot of satisfaction when I see what I have done in the 11 hours of work.
I would not recommend working at the Wyoming NSW 2250 site. They are abusive and very disrespectful. I loved working there for 1 month, they got new management and they were horrible and very abusive towards you behind closed doors.
Its appauling
Pros
Cons
Abusive environment
Great team, positive atmosphere, supportive management team, regular team building exercises, great staff benefits, fast paced work environment, staff quarters are great
Lazy management and head chef at karara biggest bully ever stay away from this site .
Always bullying and intimidating the staff to get extra task done .
My partner and I worked 6 months for Sodexo FIFO. All management We encountered were awful (on every site we went to...), we always had issues receiving our flights and shift schedules, always had hours missing from our pay. At the training they paint pictures of idyllic site tours and friendly staff, then you get to site and it’s the total opposite; thrown in at the deep end, no proper training and very little support in place. Would not reccomend.
I worked for Sodexo in Pannawonica, Pilbara W.A for 18mths, in that time I managed a small cafe and enjoyed every minute. I enjoy working, meeting new people, and furthering my skills either in truck driving or customer relations.
I was a chef at karntarma ( FMG)
Night shift was definitely the worst. Always understuff and overloaded with work. Wery little full timers becouse they couldn't keep people working for them for a long time. Always relaying on casual stuff from Hays that often needed to be guided to familiarise with the working environment.

Careless management to said the least.

vvery
Pros
Fly out day.
Cons
The lot.
Love my job at Sodexo! Great management and staff, flexible hours, and a friendly work enviroment. Company offers many bonuses, and I always feel supported by them.
was a good job. Got to experience different rolls in the job.
We had slow days and some really fast paced days. In this job you learn how to multi task quickly.
Pros
meet new people all the time.
Cons
you can end up smelling like a greasy hamburger by the end of your shift
Sodexo is a great company that value their staff and look after them.
They want you to progress within the company.

I would highly recommend being employed by them.
After getting a start fifo finally....i got thrown in the deep end. Not friendly staff and the management only care about the numbers. If you smile your classed as weird. Definitely overworked for low pays have to only do half the job in a rush to get to next job.
the so called casual pool manager hopeless and really bad at her job
The village managers can treat you badly and you just have to deal

12 hour night shift, have to fight for breaks lots of drama just so others can get the attention they want

Casual pool keeps getting mass hire so lucky if you get work once every 6 weeks

Sometimes you get an hours notice your flying out

No support from management
Not a hard job, your body adapts to everything. 12 hour days for 14 continuous days. Extreme heat and weather conditions. If you were left to be able to do your job it would be quite pleasant.. but the management are terrible and more annoying then the flies
Very little communication from Supervisors and management.
No teamwork from time to time.

Getting out of bed

Knock off time

Morale is very low though the whole work force.
Pros
It's all free, food, accommodation, flights
Cons
Communication, low pay, 2/1 roster
Bad experience, don't have initiative as it will not help you. Most of my experience I have found you have to be a sheep . Work mates are great , but you can always find one or two clone's wanting to put you under the bus for the chance to be noticed.
Very experience in variety of industry, I love my work as a new life in FIFO I don't have a problem and I know I can find better job than in Catering I'm to good with my current job. Right now I'm looking For new opportunities in Mining industry.
Pros
Free Accomodation on site
Cons
long hours not a problem but their rates is a big problem.
Poor management but it’s well organised and well established company , lost the contact on the way but they pay redundancy , they not paying you good salary but focus on health and safety
I would not recommend working for this company, not only is the pay bad but you are expected to work FIFO on top of that. Their manager say they care but its all just lies.
Pros
None!
Cons
Bad pay and stressful work enviroment
Management is poor always nepotism they will throw you everywhere cannot make up their mind where you supposed to work. Manager is gutless. Pretty slack.
I will never work ever again with them . Bullie is bad people abuses people, no respect. Not very professional
Below average salary(based on hours). Night allowance not paid weekends but mid week? Rude staff/managememt. Incompetent management...massive hierarchy culture...Avoid
Cons
I worked with great people. How to manage my work load and meet a curtain target's. The cultre was good. A typical day at work is clean the toilets daily.