Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 119 reviews matching the search See all 11,836 reviews
Worst employer i have ever worked for
Facilities Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC31 August 2018
Middle/lower management mostly have no idea what they are doing, the ones that do don't stay for long. Progression opportunities are given to those with poor work ethic, and an alarming lack of general knowledge, let alone education or intelligence - it's a case of 'it's not what you know, it's who you know'. There is no genuine acknowledgement of good work ethic or dedication, and honest mistakes are responded to with micro managing and threats of termination. Staff turn over was massive when I was there, and for good reason. They also claim to be environmentally responsible (this is depicted with images of agricultural crops = fail!) and to acknowledge traditional land owners, yet one of their biggest clients happens to be one of Australia's largest open cut mining operators! Never again. I'd rather eat out of rubbish bins than work here again!
Pros
Cons
Abysmal excuses for managers
Run and don’t look back
FM (Former Employee) –  Queensland6 November 2018
Critical roles are handed to internal staff from other departments with zero background experience, poor work ethic and no education or intelligence and those with experience are treated like outcasts for actually having a clue. So long as you’re in the circle of what could only be the worst possible group of people I have ever had the misfortune of working with you won’t have any issues. Staff in leadership roles completing jobs whilst unlicensed, safety rules are breached and swept under the rug. Mandatory daily breath tests aren’t completed by certain staff regularly as they would fail most days. There is no genuine acknowledgement of good work ethic or dedication, and honest mistakes are responded to with micro managing and bullying. Even the client rep was belittled mercilessly by these incompetent people. Staff turn over is incredibly high, and for good reason.
Pros
Zero
Cons
I took the job
Simple
Casual Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Harman ACT5 May 2018
Very accommodating to younger people looking for work. Very relaxed environment to work in. Management was great and encouraging. I learnt a lot and would love to still be working there.
Pros
salary, environment, patrons
Cons
seasonal
Good espirit decorpe
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sodexo Prominent Hill SA15 January 2018
Attend daily toolbox meeting on site working as a Security Officer (FIFO) for Sodexo. Shift were 12 hrs day and nights 2:1 rostering.
Patrolled village areas and guard house duties also assisted in wet mess and airport booking office and baggage handling.

FIFO culture is very enjoyable good comradeship with fellow workers.

Liaised daily with Sodexo management operations on site and Admin staff.

Some days the ambient temperature on site was above 50Celcius but manage to hydrate well and wear proper PPE.

Enjoyed working with different cultural staff on site had a great bond with fellow workers in FIFO role.
Pros
Good accomadation and food
Cons
12 hour shifts
You're nothing but a number
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 August 2018
Long hours, not so good pay, get treated like a 2nd class citizen, if doing FIFO you will realise everyone else gets the good stuff before you do. For example you will get a small room for 1 year before an upgrade, whilst there could be rooms available for you to upgrade into.
Great place to work, great team environment. Long hours and not a great roster.
Building Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA11 April 2018
I would typically run all pre start meetings with trades and sub contractors prior to shift starting and allocate all works to trades for daily and weekly tasks that required completing. Dealt with the clients and managed there expectation and carried out quote and scoping works required for the client.
also monitor and manage all budget requirements surrounding the building maintenance portfolio.
Pros
Very busy and challenging contract to work on
Cons
Roster and long hours
Great Company, No Stability
National HVAC/R Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC13 March 2018
Sodexo seemed like a fantastic company to work for hence the reason I had decided to leave my long term employer to come across. I was excited to be starting at a new company but it was only after i started that i realized that I had taken a job that had a very fractured relationship with the main client for which was the reason why I had come on-board to service. I loved the workplace, i loved the staff but I was retrenched less than 6 months into my new role all the while feeling like this was known to be coming by the people that employed me. Totally unfounded but nonetheless having been exposed to how big business operates employing me was a last ditched attempt at trying to repair a relationship that was already long gone. I saw a lot of people work very long hours which then became an expectation rather than a luxury.
Pros
location, staff
Cons
Long Hours, changing goal post (constantly)
Its Okay
Catering Administrator \ Boardroom Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sydney CDB16 March 2018
Joining Sodexo was a learning experience in tolerance.
Was not the best culture and was not the happiest time for me or my colleagues, there were some bright spots but not many.
Pros
Free lunches, team unity
Cons
Direct management
Worst company ever
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pilbara WA27 March 2018
No reward for hard work and staying sober.if you are purple circle your mates will let you blow numbers and go to work putting everyone else at risk. Saw this many times.no regard for fatigue issues.worked site cleaning in a team of 4.only 3 had a licence..company policy was you had to have one.
No respect at all.some people worked to bone others get to cruise on and the gossip and backstabbing was incredible.
Pros
The scenery
Cons
Lying management and inconsistancies
great work place with all you need .
Chef (Former Employee) –  W.A15 April 2018
Great place to work,good conditions and people,great to travel around W.A. always learning new ways of doing my job. can get a bit hot in the summer ,but otherwise a good gig.Best part of the job going home after 2 weeks away.
Pros
free accom, food, travel
easy work, horrible people
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC8 July 2017
Worked as a food services assistant in a aged care facility. Job was enjoyable, enjoyed interacting with the residents but management was bad. Staff were all negative people with bad attitudes. Never got praised only criticised. Never had enough time to do all tasks so would come into work early every shift, unpaid. In the end was so miserable just quit.
Pros
Residents were always good to talk to
Cons
Staff and management were terrible
Hard work, long hours, unsympathetic management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  NT30 October 2017
Started as a good company to work for until the crash in resource prices. Once the squeeze was put on the company by clients the one asset they have, people, became a secondary consideration. All about the bottom line. Some individual managers were fantastic but overall the culture was $$$ driven.
Pros
2 weeks on one week off roster
Cons
long hours in harsh conditions
Great workplace for hospitality
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City VIC15 July 2017
During peak seasons are always busy. I have to comply for the most expectations of clients and management. I have learned more about how should am i going to exceed to the satisfaction of customers and employers. It is a workplace where you can work with multicultural environment and people. My hardest experience part of the job is when I have to finished the task on certain time with huge requirements.The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customers express their satisfaction about my work.
Pros
free lunches and connecting new kinds of people
Cons
trying to understands everyone's cultures and personalities
fun work place
Cleaning Staff (Former Employee) –  Western Australia26 November 2017
its sad CIDC shutdown on 2013
its a good company good working invironment good people good management.
different kind of people that works there
I enjoy working
Pros
free lunch
Highly supportive at site level from Head Office
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rio Tinto site in WA18 January 2018
It's long hours but the work is varied and exciting. Would recommend highly to any individual who is inetereted in working FIFO.
Also look at potential for growth are excellent.
Pros
Food / Accommodation provided for, cost savings
great team work
Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tanami NT22 June 2017
arrive at pre-start and do warm up stretches. Receive your run sheet. Learned how to make a bed in motelling. Management was very informative. Zero harm workplace culture. Hardest part was fifo days on Tuesday and Fridays with lots and lots of rooms to clean and refresh. I enjoyed the scenery and wildlife (dingoes).
Pros
Eating Healthy
Cons
Sodexo was terrible to me
Contemporary Catering- Food Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallington VIC24 August 2017
I don't recommend anyone working for Sodexo. They work the life out of you constantly promising me rewards but never once delivering on those promises instead i was called into meetings where i was berated for no reason on heresay without evidence and not listened to. i am forming a Unworkplace claim against them.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Management, Extra Duress from incompetent Management
Poor management
Utilities (Former Employee) –  Amrun weipa6 September 2017
They promise you so many thousand year but there is catch the hours you have to perform to get that money....poorly managed stole my clothes and work boots and failed to return and deny that they were left there...tip ....take your gear home or wont get back....
Pros
Good friendly atmosphere..
Cons
Long hours, poor hourly rate, very poor management, not equal opportunity employer as they state.
Great Crew To Work With, Good Facilities & Location. Variety Of Work Tasks
Bus / Coach Driver & Camp Utilities (Former Employee) –  Brockman WA15 February 2018
Overall a very good experience working for Sodexo at Brockman &
Nammuldi Camp / Facilities. Worked with a Great Team and enjoyed the wide variety of work scope. The reason I left was purely financial due to living rural wa and the added cost of commuting via Perth ( my expense ) to my work flight. Would definitely work there again should opportunity present.
Pros
Great Work Team, 2 week rosters ( Not 4 Weeks ), Variety of Work
Cons
Not being able to access direct flights from Geraldton even though they exist.
Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Amrun weipa28 December 2017
Expect the world of you but give nothing in return very poor unsympathetic management that don’t last, you are way overworked and underpaid on a 3week on 1 week off swing they expect you to work miracles always under staffed expect you to do the work of 2-3 people you could be half dead and they still expect you to go back to work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K