Sonic HealthCare

21: Sonic HealthCare Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

concerned about new direction

analysts are friendly to eachotherpreviously the job was good, but new leadership taken over and I have serious concerns about the direction to the team. mentorship is not what it used to and what we're being asked for is more now. things have gotten more toxic too and I feel scared to speak. many have resigned

Pizza party raise

Beautiful laboratory with fairly new equipment. Team leads definitely run the company. Management will not help in emergencies. Expect to repeatedly report issues without resolution. Instead of having open communication, management will always defend the pathologist. Expect pizza party's instead of inflation raise. Only way to receive an adequate raise is to bring an offer letter outside of the company.

The management at the time I worked there was very unprofessional. My co-workers were an awesome group of loving and caring people. The Jacksonville based company now has new management and they have given everyone across the board an increase in pay. It is a much better place to work now.

Would not recommend working for this company

Very unorganized, drama, employees talk negatively all day, asked employees to hide a positive Covid result, management needs replaced. Located in a bad area, favoritism, you get trained by other employees

Pros

Nothing Nothing Nothing

Cons

Favoritism

Good for a job, not a career

It's an ok place if you need a job, but the hire on process is a pain and long. Id recommend getting on with a temp to hire service first because then sonic will match your pay, otherwise you can be a really hard worker and get paid much less than what you can and actually do. Raises are not really raises, there's never enough staff for any one location, so you can always be moved at any given time, and there's no real appreciation showed for all the work you do. The phlebotomists are data entry clerks, front desk workers, receptionists, customer service, and more and not getting paid nearly what they should be. Apply and work here at your own risk. Also if you like paperwork because there is a ton of it.

Good scheduling but unfair workplace

Lack of accountability, lack of organization, horrible pay, only thing good about this place was the scheduling.

Lovely staff but attrocious management

I worked for this company for only 4 months as a pathology aide. The hoops you are expected to jump through for ridiculously low pay and bad working conditions are what drove me out, along with the unreasonable expectations around travel. During my time there the company was haemoraging staff at an alarming rate, due to the bad management and general bad treatment by head office. Work life balance with this company was non existent and any requests to change shifts or reduce them was met with hostility for some people, but favouritism for others. The collection centres are massively understaffed because of bad management by those at head office and the workload for some is insanely different to others. I worked in one of the busiest rooms and was gradually pushed into a receptionist role only which wasn't what I was hired as. We had multiple exposures to covid positive patients that we weren't informed about until weeks later and a lot of the workers were coming straight from drive through covid swabbing to work in collection centres with no time to change out of potentially contaminanted clothing.Early on in my employment I was sent to work at drive through. There was no question of whether I wanted to, I was told that was where I was going with 20 mins notice, and did a 10 HR day and a 5 hr day the next. I was not vaccinated and there was no question of whether I was or not. The conditions were atrocious. And I had facial bruising and cuts on my nose and chin from the mask we were required to wear. This company are the only ones that require the use of these solid masks, -

Cons

Long hours, poor work life balance, low pay.

Review on Sonic Clinical Trials

I currently working at Sonic Clinical Trials which is a division of DHM. I have been here for around 8 months and it isn’t a good place to work. Many people are not happy here and many are leaving to go to their competitor. I have had issues with my coworker in my team and tell my boss this but he does not do anything. Very old outdated systems, we now have to do like a Bundy clock on so they watch everyone’s times. They say this is mandatory but other divisions of Sonic it is left up to the managers to decide what they want to do. They have no trust in their staff and working from home is a big no no, even in the pandemic they were making us come in making up stories that there were not enough laptops, we could have easily set our desktop computers at home. We were all sitting on top of each other and very strange that the managers were in the office more in the lock down. We are not even aloud do have two monitors, but you see all the managers with their big flashy monitors. That would be a luxury and IT has so many monitors laying around but management says no. Pay is very bad as well. A lot of favouritism goes on here. I am trying to stay here for a year and then I will go. One of the worst places I have ever worked for.

Pros

Parking

Cons

too many to list

typical office job nothing special

I was fortunate to have a really do team lead and supervisor. Its the typical office environment dress casual Monday - Thursday and Friday you can wear jeans. depending on you department you get bouns if you meet production. its a good job for people who like routine, nothing really changed in the 3yrs that I worked. the interview process was easy and as well, starting pay was negotiable.

Pros

flex time

Cons

no room for growth

Unappreciative and Lazy management

Management do not care about staff.Constantly back stabbing staff and only nice when they want you to do them favours. Management favours and promotes their good friends and no matter how hard working or qualified you are they will never want to see you grow. Whenever an internal position arises management discourages staff to apply and if you dare apply without them knowing you get reprimanded

Love my job

Loved my job schedule My job was mostly data entry Although couldn't talk to coworkers much due to workload, everyone was really nice and helpful Only left because of had to relocate

Great workplace

Sonic Healthcare is an absolutely incredible company to work for. But sometimes the work can be a little repetitive. If you don't have a qualification, you can't really get a promotion or apply for higher paying jobs which was a shame.

Ping Pong Table

Yes it was okay and fun at times however it is a typical job and at times like most unpredictable. Opportunities remain for those internally which is a good thing.

Great hours!

The best thing about the job to me was the work hours. The work was easy, its just data entry. The requirements and work atmosphere is what made the job not very likeable.

numbers numbers numbers

main concern was quantity of work you can provide daily, Stressful if you didnt meet daily goal and would get written up if you didnt meet monthly production goal.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

stressful always having to worry if you were gonna meet your daily production goal

Good place for entry level

It is a good place to start building experiences but not for a long term commitment. Pay are ok but the increase are too low for this kind of job. They often have flexible hours which is good for parents/students. Work is stress-free with minimal supervision for IOP/PSC's. They do not offer tuition reimbursement. Time off Request is awful even though you have plenty of time in your PTO.

Pros

holiday pay, flexible hours

Cons

management is horrible, no growth and career advancement, Increase pay are too low

Great company

I was lucky enough to have a great manager that really fostered creative freedom and flexibility, therefore I got plenty of exposure to various projects above which is considered normal in the field

Great company

Great family orientated atmosphere. Team environment informative helpful teams on all level of infrastructure. Growth and promotion opportunities readily available. Promotes from within company is focal point.

Large organization with many laboratories

The organization is in the process of collapsing and streamlining different divisions into one model. Great people to work with.

Overall operations of the front-end and revenue cycle management department

Reporting, EOB review, denial review, SCRUB report review and resubmissions, marketing, chart review, coding review, data entry, reporting and revenue trends. Overall operations of the revenue cycle department.

IT restructuring

Will gain on the job training, no career path. No advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonic HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Sonic HealthCare with

• Sonic HealthCare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?