Sonic HealthPlus Employee Reviews

Do even bother they bully their staff
Bookings officer (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park WA26 February 2019
I worked there for 7 month and they bullied me to the point I had anxiety attack twice. The manager and team leaders are liars, backstabbers, cruel and two faced. The only good things about that place were the friends you make & the pay as a casual it’s amazing but no amount of money is worth the treatment and trauma I endured.
Please stay clear of this company.
Pros
The casual pay ONLY
Wouldnt waste your time!
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Oxley QLD15 February 2019
Clinic manager at oxley pits her staff against each other and absolutely destroys your confidence. By the end I was stressed, I had felt sick going into work knowing she was going to be there and my hair had started to fall out! Do not work there until theres been a change in clinic managers. Toxic awful place to work!!!
Pros
Discount vaccinations and health insurance
Cons
Overworked and stressed
Great company to work for
Occupational Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Australia26 December 2018
Lovely place to work,fantastic colleagues and interesting work. Get to meet lots of people on a day to day basis. Management are always on hand if there are any issues
Pros
Family friendly hours!
Sonic HeathPlus is a great organisation and committed to grow their staff.
Alliance Bookings Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA29 October 2018
In a typical day I would help with booking and billing corporate customers for health insurance and immediate health checks provided by Sonic HealthPlus.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Far a way from the city
Great Company to work for
Locum Clinical Screener (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW26 July 2018
Medical screening with drug and alcohol testing. Great manager(RN) taught me the right way not the easy way and therefore made me proud of the work i was doing as I began as a total novice.
Pros
Training and good communication
Cons
can be difficult clients but overall most are compliant when doing testing.
I enjoyed working for Sonic Health
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth Central Business District WA17 January 2018
I found working for a clinic who primarily provided medicals for FIFO workers very interesting and rewarding. Sonic Health provided training and support for all its employees to further their career with in the company
Rewarding and interesting work
Healthy Lifestyles Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pilbara WA31 July 2017
My role was as a FIFO healthy lifestyles coordinator as such not related to the bulk of roles in the company which are focused around health. This role was rewarding and fulfilling as it is focused around positive interactions with people who are seeking to better their health. To work around mine workers hours the role involved split shifts making it a 14 hour day with a 2 hour break in the middle.
Pros
FIFO. Social and Positive Role. Well suited to working on personal health and fitness.
Never a Boring Day
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Gladstone QLD23 January 2017
Great place to work. Never a day that is the same. Requires numerous skills for each role. Wage is great. Offers all services of corporate medical at the one business, which is a great product to sell.
Don't apply unless you're desperate
Clinic 2nd In Charge (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD and Oxley QLD20 January 2017
Terrible company to work for. The manager was too busy looking after her other 2 clinics to provide me with any training. Was just thrown in the deep end and told to work it out. My colleague was on a contract and no one bothered to discuss the end date and whether her employment was continuing until they decided to shut the clinic down 8 weeks after I started and told her that she no longer had a job. Management also failed to inform one of the doctors that they were out of a job when the clinic closed as they were on holidays. I was transferred to another clinic when the one I was employed at closed (because they wanted to get rid of the senior receptionist there) and that's when all the trouble started. I was continually asking for training which turned down and then blamed for my lack of training! The back stabbing from the other clinic staff was disgusting and unless you were the managers favourite then everything you did was not good enough. When I was poached by another company I couldn't get out of Sonic HealthPlus fast enough.
Pros
It's a paying job
Cons
Poor management
Toxic, toxic,toxic
Accounts Receivable / Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park WA25 November 2016
Workers are kept in check through intimidation. Staff turnover is a guideline. Strict rules & regulations for SOME only, you must fit the culture. I loved the work I was doing, unfortunately you don't ask "why" you're doing any of it!
Cons
Very toxic environment
Medical Bookings Officer, Medical Receptionist
Pre Employment Medical Bookings Officer (Current Employee) –  Mount Isa QLD16 November 2016
I loved the interaction with the customers and patients, i have gained valued friendships and great experience in the customer service and medical administration area of my role.
Disinterested Management
Drone (Former Employee) –  Australia23 September 2016
Little to no interaction.
Interactions are only ever reactionary.

Attempts to create anything positive is quickly dismissed as unnecessary expenses.

Staff at head office seem to have a lot of fun with their frequent outings and dinners, so good for them.
Pros
Its a Job.
Cons
You're just pair of boots to fill.
Occupation Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA2 July 2016
Everyone was great to work with.
The hardest part of the job for me was caring to much about candidates and sympathising with them
x
Administrative, Phlebotomy, DAS (Former Employee) –  South Hedland, WA7 December 2014
a pleasant place to work but there needs to be a change in management as the job has far exceeded the capabilites of the present clinic manager who has no control over most of the team who walk all over her. To get respect you need to give it.