Soul Origin
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Soul Origin Employee Reviews

Australia43 reviews
You need to provide excellent customer service and finish all tasks related to barista and front house team in a fun but stressful workplace. You need to learn to be a team player and cooperate with others.
Owner expects management duties but doesn't want to pay management rates. Doesn't like giving staff members leave and guilts them when they request time off (Including sick days). Doesn't listen to the "senior" members and doesn't show any compassion to staffs needs or issues.
During my short time at Soul Origin, I found the workplace to be fast paced but proof that hard work pays off. I enjoyed my time working there, the people were lovely.
A typical day working at SOul Origin is very busy especially lunch time. I was the Team Leader therefore I was the busiest. Managing every tasks distribution so that everyone will be efficient is the major factor of a successful day. Working with my team is fun because we see to it that even though we are busy, we still make working fun by helping each other as much as we can and fostering friendly working environment.
It's worth to work in one of the best franchising company in Australia . The manager is so good and helping you whatever you need. She is very friendly nature.
Easy job to pick up, great for school leavers, valuable lessons such as cash handling, confidence with customers, initiative, and opportunity to learn Barista on the job. lack of work/ life balance, no job security.
I was hired to only make coffees as a barista and the managers started putting me in the F.O.H staff and doing everything else except make coffee and they stopped giving me shifts after i got one order wrong
Pros
was allowed to take one container of food or sandwich if it was not being sold
Cons
mangement was poor
To start off with, im a trained barista. I have a few years of experience under my belt, so im confident in delivering good coffee. All the staff here didnt talk with each other and create a good atmosphere, BECAUSE we had our boss on our back the whole time. The management here is horrid and their dragging their bussiness to the ground. DONT WORK HERE, AVOID AT COSTS. The boss made me feel like shiy and i couldnt stand working for her after the first week.
Within a franchise it was extremely organised. It was enjoyable as there were a variety of tasks to complete at the store. Also, was able to meet and interact with new customers frequently. The environment was fast-paced at rush hours. Management was very considerate.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Soul Origin?
I have never felt so ridiculed and degraded by my own boss in my entire experience as an employee. They did not care if customers around, they would degrade and humiliate your working skills no matter who was watching. The amount of stress put on to you is unbelievable. I was threatened to be fired several times because they were “over staffed” and then when I was unwell, I was made to come in because they were now apparently “under staffed”. Shifts were cut back if you called in sick. Was also made to work an open and close with no training on how to do so. Was very late to two of my formals due to being rostered on even after requesting time off for it several times, months in advance. Constantly felt like I wasn’t good enough, that something was wrong with me and came home in tears after almost every shift. I loved my co-workers and have made beautiful friends out of it, but the management must be changed. There is a high turn over rate here for a reason.
Pros
Lovely co workers, good food.
Cons
Terrible management. Workplace harassment from management.
Fast paced, nothing serious, don’t get cosy - staff turn over high. The food served is fresh and coffee is of high quality although quantity over quality approach ensures that not too much care is given to the overall production of take away only coffees.
Customers and co-workers are great. Management was abusive. We weren't allowed to talk to each other. Management wouldn't be happy with anything and tell us off in front of customers. Would give you shifts depending on how much they like you. Bugs everywhere. Only redeeming aspect was the friendly co-workers and regulars that you could talk to and get to know when management wasn't around.
Super friendly and inviting people to work for , always willing to help you out.
Good pay rate , along with some good hours if your permanent . But I was a causal worker and wasmy receiving enough hours, other then that a fantastic place to work at !
confused kaos with structured management , interesting decision making , culture is family , hard working long and need to be part of the team to belong
I had a pleasant experience working at Soul Origin. It was a collaborative and friendly workplace. I have learnt useful skills including customer-service, an excellent work ethic, punctuality and a strong sense of responsibility. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the positive workplace culture and customer-interaction.
Working at soul origin was amazing great staff, good vibe, really friendly and energetic, the managers were really understandable and were so supportive
Was made to work whilst being so sick I was a hazard to the customers. Never felt job security, the boss made multiple workers cry. Didn't get paid for overtime, no Free food or drinks. The only perk of this job was the relationships I built with the customers and workers. Shifts were never guaranteed and asking to have a day off usually resulted in being punished with less shifts and compared to other workers.
Pros
Made friends
Cons
Absolutely everything else
The place was very nice in shopping centre staff was good but for me salary rate wasn’t so good and shifts were long with low salary rate so it didn’t suited me so I left
Pros
Cons
Long job
it's a good place to work in and a good salary per hour. Lucky me I worked in the office building with was weekday work. so much fun and really enjoyable.
Went for a trial and a interview said I had the job then just didnt bother contacting me even after giving me a shift, really poor communication for a owner
Soul origin was a great place to work, the managers were very friendly and easygoing. I felt very comfortable in the workplace and still continue to buy their salads.