Soul Origin Employee Reviews

fast pace cafe
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 May 2019
it's a good place to work in and a good salary per hour. Lucky me I worked in the office building with was weekday work. so much fun and really enjoyable.
Doesnt call or message to let you know whats happening
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane myer centre13 March 2019
Went for a trial and a interview said I had the job then just didnt bother contacting me even after giving me a shift, really poor communication for a owner
Upbeat workplace with kind and outgoing employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Loganholme QLD24 January 2019
Soul origin was a great place to work, the managers were very friendly and easygoing. I felt very comfortable in the workplace and still continue to buy their salads.
Eh
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Belmont Wa14 October 2018
One of those jobs you won't really have forvery long. Management was nice but completely incompetent. Workers was nice but there was one girl so mean I wanted to cry after every shift. Just bring a positive attitude and if they like you great, or maybe they won't (they didn't like me even though I did everything right)
Pros
Half price lunches but they aren't even that good
Cons
Frustratingly incompetent management
Fun work place not only with customers but with other employees as well.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bankstown NSW11 September 2018
It is a great place to start working in as it allowed me to assimilate into a qorking environment. Working in customer service allowed me to understand the wants and needs of a customer and thus allowed me to communicate with them easier. Soul origin allowed this opportunity for me and i thank them for allowing me to work there.
Pros
Free lunch, good staff, good customers
Fun if you fit in
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD11 September 2018
Great kitchen staff, foh however all over the place instead of looking out for the team foh manager throws every body under the bus. Owners never really took ownership of what was going on and first hand would blame problems on the first name that is whispered in their ears really rude at times. Work blood sweat and tears yet no recognition .All praise goes to foh until sometthing goes wrong and fingers are pointed to boh .
Pros
Awesome kitchen staff
Cons
Unfair treatment
Bullying and narcissistic
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD5 September 2018
Was treated terribly and didn't feel like i was apart of the team. Was picked on for not doing my job, even though i had completed every task while other employees stood and talked to each other instead of serving customers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bullying, bad pay rate, minimal hours
Dont work here
Server (Former Employee) –  South Australia20 August 2018
The manager was terrible, they would treat you terribly, call you names and make you feel like you weren't good enough. Treated everyone unfairly, as there was favourites. Each shift you didn't know what would happen as each manager would tell you different things and you would get lost with what to do. Things would be blamed on you when it was their fault.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work environment
Front of House Staff, Barista (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 July 2018
Productive and fun workplace with a great work life balance culture but unfortunately the pay rate was not good (under expectation). There's a lot to improve for the management in some areas of work especially on how the day-to-day system and the hygiene of the store.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Underpaid
Do not work here
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 June 2018
Extremely unprofessional work environment. Hit and miss with shifts. We bin all the food after work that would be enough to feed all those struggling with homelessness. Not an ethical business what so ever and extremely money hungry
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
All mentioned above
horrible place to work at
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 June 2018
I did not enjoy working here one bit because the manager had there favourites and they made it obvious to! they would always speak in another language to each other which I found extremely rude. I would also be the only one helping to close up while the others just sat around and laughed and then they would wonder why we didnt close on time and the pay was really bad there as well.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
favouritism
Good overall, but management needs improvement
Cashier (Current Employee) –  NSW South Coast NSW13 April 2018
Food is great, you get free lunches, drinks, and coffee each day. Majority of my coworkers were lovely and kind and easy to work with. I did enjoy learning new skills and how to communicate with customers and coworkers more effectively. I also love how the franchise allows individuals who have visible tattoos/piercings to work. The overall atmosphere of Soul Origin was good.

Occasional (small) underpayments on my behalf (which build up), multiple coworkers have had issues with this also.

Training took a while due to ongoing miscommunications between the manager and myself, as well as the manager/s being rather patronising at my location. Regardless, they seemed to act this way with the majority of my coworkers. Not the best thing since Soul Origin at this location had been open for a few years now.

Overall a good place to work due to free lunches, steady pay, flexible hours, and good culture. Not so good due to occasional underpayment (and ongoing underpayment of some of my coworkers) and patronising management.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Managment
Impersonal Management
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 February 2018
A typical day at work was a push to keep up without aid
Management was distant to the workers
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stressful work
Multicultural Company , Nice workplace to work
Barista and Waitress (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW30 January 2018
Great company to work with also they make only fresh food to serve customer. Soul origin has Hight standard of customer service. Providing utmost service to customer is the key for Soul Origin
Pros
Free Launch
Cons
under paid
Best job i have ever had
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Frankston VIC27 January 2018
I have been working at the frankston store since we opened.
I love the people i work with, very laid back, i can be who i am when it comes to being able to show my tattoos and piercings
We dont get penalty rates but that doesnt matter to me considering i love my job
Pros
Free lunch, coffee and drinks
Fun and laid back
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 January 2018
As long as you follow the simple rules, work is fun and satisfying. You develop strong bonds with your workmates, you have many opportunities to show your initiative and work ethic, and you get to interact with various people.
Pros
Free Lunch
Great and friendly environment
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Lakes QLD26 October 2017
One of the best jobs I have ever had. My work colleagues were all super nice and fun to work with. I liked the fast paced and friendly environment. I learnt a lot of useful skills while I worked at Soul origin.
Pros
Free lunches and drinks
Productive work environment
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW9 October 2017
Good workplace with lots of skills i have learned in just a few months. Personal attributes have advanced since working in this job such as my confidence.
Pros
Free lucnhes and drinks
Cons
Finishing late in the day
Fantastic Place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydnam21 September 2017
Fantastic place to work in. I have enjoyed every minute there. Great atmosphere and fun. Plenty of things to learn and to see. Would definitely recommend to others.
Pros
Great Enviorment
great workplace
Food Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 May 2017
a vibrant culture filled with hard work and fun whilst providing service for the customers. A work environment filled with enthusiasm and care for each team member and great care for the customers