South Western Sydney Local Health District logo
South Western Sydney Local Health District
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

South Western Sydney Local Health District Employee Reviews

Work–Life Balance

Multicultural communities with multicultural approach.

A welcoming and relaxed work culture which sometimes may feel a bit slow. However, there is still lots of work to do. The hardest part would be communication amongst one another. There needs to be a better communications channel. Emailing is not efficient. Everyone had similar passions and values. Underpin by the various organisation values of working in NSW Health. Great place to work.

Micro managed and bullied. Had my hardware relocated to another office while I was off sick. No respect and professionalism exhibited.

No collaboration. Bulling is rife. Unfair treatment within the team. Issues pointed out during my exit interview and the feedback, was this will be investigated. No officer has contacted me to date to discuss the unprofessional bullying

Dynamic and varied HR environment

SWSLHD - Promotes CORE Values and my role supports a dynamic workforce with HR matters to provide high quality patient care. No two days are the same and this enables development as a HR generalist to partner managers/staff with HR related matters. The environment is evolving and culture is positive.

Great workplace to grow and develop your public health career.

Working in SWSLHD you get to see the full spectrum of diseases and conditions that you'd see working in several countries. It affords the opportunity to learn and grow your public health skills and expertise. There's a great support for continuing professional development. Great place to work.

I was privileged to work at Liverpool Hospital for a number of years. I started in Medical Records and worked in almost every administrative position that the health service had to offer. Medical Records through to Secretary to the Chief Executive Officer.

Pros

Interesting; varied

Cons

nothing to add

Quality health service in a busy and challenging area

I have been a Registered Nurse with SWSLHD since 2005. Working in mental health, every day is different. There are times where the job is challenging, but training and support are readily available. There is a great sense of camaraderie among the people you work with and those in the other units. The service is committed to providing high quality health care and I am proud to have worked for them.

Pros

Salary packaging, Training

Medical Engineer

Dear all I learned medical & electrical engineer and I've worked as service engineer to repair Medical machine (electronic, mechanical, software and hardware) problems from more than 15 years in PHILIPS Health Care, as overseas experience. Usually the most enjoyable part of the job when I've repaired a problem successfully asap. the hardest time of the job when my car is broken down during the job time.

Cons

An enjoyable job working within a team environment

Pleasing customers in rectifying all computer related issues they had. Working within a team. Learning new skills and rectifying problems on a daily basis.

Pros

Working 4 days per week on a very good salary and being able to spend more time with my family

Jobs at South Western Sydney Local Health District