Southern Cross Austereo
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Southern Cross Austereo Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews
Overall, a great company that looks after the staff it wants to keep. Being publicly listed, the shareholder is the priority and senior management will cut staff and resources to protect themselves.

There's a belief among the staff that working there makes them the best of the best but it's rarely True.

Fun place to work with lots of perks and activities.
Pros
Lots of work functions. Latest equipment. Great team environment
Cons
Cut throat, comoetitive, many rise above their own level of mediocrity.
The company has a generally pleasant work culture, however in my role there was never any opportunities for learning or development. I did learn good team building skills there, and had a great team around me.
Got offered a great opportunity, great salary, great people, weekends off at a company that everyone looks up to. Made some solid friendships and built great business partnerships.
Working for SCA for a few years in a sales coordinator/reception role in a Regional area was by far one of the best jobs and companies I've worked for. Unfortunately I was made redundant in my role which was extremely disappointing due to my passion for my role, the company, brands and industry. They have taken me back on casually in another role.
It was a pleasure to gain the experience I did and work under/with many fantastic, talented people who have helped shape me and teach me a great deal of things personally and professionally.

Radio can be fast paced and ever evolving, there are many benefits to working in Media, especially radio, however it isn't always an easy stress free industry or role. Majority of the time the culture was great, there were the occasional downfalls, but still less than most work places I've encountered in the past with issues generally being resolved efficiently and with care.

Overall I would recommend working for SCA if you have the opportunity to do so.
SCA is a great place to work with leading professionals in the industry and a strong team culture. Fantastic opportunities to work in a fast paced, competitive industry with a fantastic bunch of like minded people with work trips, lunches and celebratory drinks monthly.
If youre already a self made millionaire - wages are terrible in the regions. You can earn more at McDonalds if onyl they were currently hiring locally
Cons
terrible wages
they always treated me with respect, they genuinely care about all of their employees, they train you well, they make you feel like your part of an amazing and loving family.
Pros
everything
Cons
6am starts
It was a great experience in the world of broadcast radio. Hardest part of the job is dealing with clients, and having to pump out a lot of scripts in a day when it got busy, but it was great being able to write creative scripts when there was time.
"here for a good time, not a long time". There's no serious management and they don't run the business like the real world, with concern for profit or prosperity. Lots of money spent feeding employees pizza and beer. Great place to work if that's what you're keen for.
I loved working for Southern Cross, my main time with this company was over 10 years ago when i was a Senior Account Manager working for B105, I later came back to work for the company on a remote basis, living in Kingscliff and creating opportunities for account managers with B105 and Triple M.

I love the culture and how everyone strives to be the best they can be delivering outstanding customer service to clients and an on air program for listeners that is engaging and entertaining.

A typical day would start early, planning who you were contacting, writing proposals and going out talking to businesses.

Collaboration with the creative, production and promotional teams were imperative to ensure a successful campaign for clients.
Pros
tickets to events
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Southern Cross Austereo?
I really enjoyed my time there. Great culture, nice people and the ability to see live bands as part of your job. ticked all my boxes! There as genuine progression opportunities and lots of growth, especially within 'digital'. Exciting times ahead in the world of .net development in particular.
Pros
Great people, good culture
Cons
still can't think of one...
This is the best company I've ever worked for; the team is super friendly and always ready to help, the office facilities have a slick design and so forth.
Pros
Free events
Cons
No two days are the same and the learning curve is huge with the ability to carve your future the way you choose. It is a nurturing environment and the training provide allows you to delve right into the role.
Pros
Flexibility to drive your schedule to meet the needs of you and your clients
Cons
sometimes the tendancy to focus more on making money and not enough focus on customer satisfaction
No day is the same! From managing multiple events to running car give-aways and concert experiences, to cuddling wombats from the Reptile Park - working as a Brand and Sponsorship Manager has been an experience I will not forget.
Pros
Meeting great people, community events, running awesome giveaways
Cons
Salary
I was with Lowes for a long time, starting as a casual then progressing to full time, then onto managing my own store.

this role was challenging but very rewarding. The company is very successful with great staff and Upper Management who are very supportive.

It was a big decision to leave to pursue my film-making dreams, but they were very understanding and supported my choice. I would go back anytime.
Pros
Supportive Company
A typical day includes managing a high amount of e-mails from clients, management and production teams. Traveling to clients place of business with proposals and other information, as well as "cold calling" new businesses. The role also required regular reporting to senior management regarding progress, difficulties and help they could provide in any form.

There a so many things that were learned to list, but the main point that stands out is that tenacity is key. No matter what the topic/issue, if you persist and find the right avenue you will most likely get the desired result.

The management and co-workers were fantastic! Nothing was demonstrated but a willingness to help you grow, both personally and professionally.

The hardest part of the job was the "cold calling". As every business owner is different, you needed to find the best way to connect with them and demonstrate the benefits of advertising with the company.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the company structure, every aspect of it is designed to maximise the enjoyment and profitability for both employee and client alike.
Pros
Excellent incentive scheme
Good start times, sometimes finish times can be late but that's the nature of the job. Southern Cross has taught me to be time conscious and how to prioritise my work load. The most challenging aspect of the job is being able to be flexible and manage stress levels when things don't go to plan. It has a great youthful environment.
A brilliant place to work. Every day was different and challenging. I will always remember working here.
Most of the people I worked with were really good fun and we got on very well.
I increased my level of computer knowledge substantially over the 4 years with the company and was given a lot of support and training by management, and they were always very family orientated.
Pros
Flexible working conditions, which were very suitable to me because of my young family
Cons
Having to chase up aging accounts
Busy days start from 9am, with a wide and varying array of duties.