Southern Cross Austereo
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Southern Cross Austereo Employee Reviews

Australia23 reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Fantastic workplace

Great company, boss ,colleagues and fun atmosphere. Unfortunately the whole research department was made redundant due to COVID. Three months on and still very sad at loss of job. Would love to go back one day and work in another area. People are fantastic, always smiling and some good perks too, free sausages rolls and cakes on Friday’s.

Pros

Great people, boss and atmosphere

Cons

Lost job due to COVID

Productive and fun,

I personally found working for this company the best job i have had in years. Tough but fair, if you work hard you get rewarded. A wonderful inspiring workplace with an amazing culture in the work place.

Second Best Job in my Career Life

My Boss was awesome, strict but fair at the same time, we all have our differences, we get good days and bad days but we’re always supporting each other. When it comes to Stress, we all worked very hard to meet our Project deadlines without fail, we were like Family, we were told that we inspired other Departments, we were the Best CATI Team on the Gold Coast. I was Blessed to have had the opportunity to work with them.

Pros

There’s always lots of Fun & Celebrations for our Birthdays, Christmas Parties, Halloween, Competitions, Fundraising, Barbecues, Free viewing of performances of old and upcoming new Celebrities, Free food at meetings and free flow of drinks on Fridays... and many more.

Cons

None.

Directionles

The company has a generally pleasant work culture, however in my role there was never any opportunities for learning or development. I did learn good team building skills there, and had a great team around me.

The biggest but not the best.

Overall, a great company that looks after the staff it wants to keep. Being publicly listed, the shareholder is the priority and senior management will cut staff and resources to protect themselves. There's a belief among the staff that working there makes them the best of the best but it's rarely True. Fun place to work with lots of perks and activities.

Pros

Lots of work functions. Latest equipment. Great team environment

Cons

Cut throat, comoetitive, many rise above their own level of mediocrity.

It’s the dream

Got offered a great opportunity, great salary, great people, weekends off at a company that everyone looks up to. Made some solid friendships and built great business partnerships.

I was very passionate about SCA and my role, great connections & experience as a result

Working for SCA for a few years in a sales coordinator/reception role in a Regional area was by far one of the best jobs and companies I've worked for. Unfortunately I was made redundant in my role which was extremely disappointing due to my passion for my role, the company, brands and industry. They have taken me back on casually in another role. It was a pleasure to gain the experience I did and work under/with many fantastic, talented people who have helped shape me and teach me a great deal of things personally and professionally. Radio can be fast paced and ever evolving, there are many benefits to working in Media, especially radio, however it isn't always an easy stress free industry or role. Majority of the time the culture was great, there were the occasional downfalls, but still less than most work places I've encountered in the past with issues generally being resolved efficiently and with care. Overall I would recommend working for SCA if you have the opportunity to do so.

Great place to work in the radio industry

SCA is a great place to work with leading professionals in the industry and a strong team culture. Fantastic opportunities to work in a fast paced, competitive industry with a fantastic bunch of like minded people with work trips, lunches and celebratory drinks monthly.

If youre already a self made millionaire - wages are terrible in the regions. You can earn more at McDonalds if onyl they were currently hiring locally

Cons

terrible wages

wow

they always treated me with respect, they genuinely care about all of their employees, they train you well, they make you feel like your part of an amazing and loving family.

Pros

everything

Cons

6am starts

Fun environment

It was a great experience in the world of broadcast radio. Hardest part of the job is dealing with clients, and having to pump out a lot of scripts in a day when it got busy, but it was great being able to write creative scripts when there was time.

Non-serious workplace for a good time, not a long time.

"here for a good time, not a long time". There's no serious management and they don't run the business like the real world, with concern for profit or prosperity. Lots of money spent feeding employees pizza and beer. Great place to work if that's what you're keen for.

B105 Triple M

I loved working for Southern Cross, my main time with this company was over 10 years ago when i was a Senior Account Manager working for B105, I later came back to work for the company on a remote basis, living in Kingscliff and creating opportunities for account managers with B105 and Triple M. I love the culture and how everyone strives to be the best they can be delivering outstanding customer service to clients and an on air program for listeners that is engaging and entertaining. A typical day would start early, planning who you were contacting, writing proposals and going out talking to businesses. Collaboration with the creative, production and promotional teams were imperative to ensure a successful campaign for clients.

Pros

tickets to events

Great place to work!

I really enjoyed my time there. Great culture, nice people and the ability to see live bands as part of your job. ticked all my boxes! There as genuine progression opportunities and lots of growth, especially within 'digital'. Exciting times ahead in the world of .net development in particular.

Pros

Great people, good culture

Cons

still can't think of one...

A home away from home

This is the best company I've ever worked for; the team is super friendly and always ready to help, the office facilities have a slick design and so forth.

Pros

Free events

Cons

Productive with ability to challenge yourself everyday

No two days are the same and the learning curve is huge with the ability to carve your future the way you choose. It is a nurturing environment and the training provide allows you to delve right into the role.

Pros

Flexibility to drive your schedule to meet the needs of you and your clients

Cons

sometimes the tendancy to focus more on making money and not enough focus on customer satisfaction

Fun working environment, no day is the same!

No day is the same! From managing multiple events to running car give-aways and concert experiences, to cuddling wombats from the Reptile Park - working as a Brand and Sponsorship Manager has been an experience I will not forget.

Pros

Meeting great people, community events, running awesome giveaways

Cons

Salary

wonderful job

I was with Lowes for a long time, starting as a casual then progressing to full time, then onto managing my own store. this role was challenging but very rewarding. The company is very successful with great staff and Upper Management who are very supportive. It was a big decision to leave to pursue my film-making dreams, but they were very understanding and supported my choice. I would go back anytime.

Pros

Supportive Company

Fun, fair and enjoyable plaace to be employed!

A typical day includes managing a high amount of e-mails from clients, management and production teams. Traveling to clients place of business with proposals and other information, as well as "cold calling" new businesses. The role also required regular reporting to senior management regarding progress, difficulties and help they could provide in any form. There a so many things that were learned to list, but the main point that stands out is that tenacity is key. No matter what the topic/issue, if you persist and find the right avenue you will most likely get the desired result. The management and co-workers were fantastic! Nothing was demonstrated but a willingness to help you grow, both personally and professionally. The hardest part of the job was the "cold calling". As every business owner is different, you needed to find the best way to connect with them and demonstrate the benefits of advertising with the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was the company structure, every aspect of it is designed to maximise the enjoyment and profitability for both employee and client alike.

Pros

Excellent incentive scheme

Great Work Environment

Good start times, sometimes finish times can be late but that's the nature of the job. Southern Cross has taught me to be time conscious and how to prioritise my work load. The most challenging aspect of the job is being able to be flexible and manage stress levels when things don't go to plan. It has a great youthful environment.

A great workplace overall

A brilliant place to work. Every day was different and challenging. I will always remember working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Cross Austereo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5