Southern Cross Austereo Employee Reviews

wow
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD8 December 2018
they always treated me with respect, they genuinely care about all of their employees, they train you well, they make you feel like your part of an amazing and loving family.
Pros
everything
Cons
6am starts
Fun environment
CREATIVE COPYWRITER (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA19 November 2018
It was a great experience in the world of broadcast radio. Hardest part of the job is dealing with clients, and having to pump out a lot of scripts in a day when it got busy, but it was great being able to write creative scripts when there was time.
Non-serious workplace for a good time, not a long time.
Digital Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 September 2018
"here for a good time, not a long time". There's no serious management and they don't run the business like the real world, with concern for profit or prosperity. Lots of money spent feeding employees pizza and beer. Great place to work if that's what you're keen for.
B105 Triple M
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 April 2018
I loved working for Southern Cross, my main time with this company was over 10 years ago when i was a Senior Account Manager working for B105, I later came back to work for the company on a remote basis, living in Kingscliff and creating opportunities for account managers with B105 and Triple M.

I love the culture and how everyone strives to be the best they can be delivering outstanding customer service to clients and an on air program for listeners that is engaging and entertaining.

A typical day would start early, planning who you were contacting, writing proposals and going out talking to businesses.

Collaboration with the creative, production and promotional teams were imperative to ensure a successful campaign for clients.
Pros
tickets to events
Great place to work!
National Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney9 July 2017
I really enjoyed my time there. Great culture, nice people and the ability to see live bands as part of your job. ticked all my boxes! There as genuine progression opportunities and lots of growth, especially within 'digital'. Exciting times ahead in the world of .net development in particular.
Pros
Great people, good culture
Cons
still can't think of one...
A home away from home
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sydney30 July 2016
This is the best company I've ever worked for; the team is super friendly and always ready to help, the office facilities have a slick design and so forth.
Pros
Free events
Cons
Productive with ability to challenge yourself everyday
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD29 February 2016
No two days are the same and the learning curve is huge with the ability to carve your future the way you choose. It is a nurturing environment and the training provide allows you to delve right into the role.
Pros
Flexibility to drive your schedule to meet the needs of you and your clients
Cons
sometimes the tendancy to focus more on making money and not enough focus on customer satisfaction
Fun working environment, no day is the same!
BRAND AND SPONOSRSHIP MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Central Coast NSW8 December 2015
No day is the same! From managing multiple events to running car give-aways and concert experiences, to cuddling wombats from the Reptile Park - working as a Brand and Sponsorship Manager has been an experience I will not forget.
Pros
Meeting great people, community events, running awesome giveaways
Cons
Salary
wonderful job
TV Commercial Producer / Editor (Current Employee) –  Townsville, QLD10 September 2015
I was with Lowes for a long time, starting as a casual then progressing to full time, then onto managing my own store.

this role was challenging but very rewarding. The company is very successful with great staff and Upper Management who are very supportive.

It was a big decision to leave to pursue my film-making dreams, but they were very understanding and supported my choice. I would go back anytime.
Pros
Supportive Company
Fun, fair and enjoyable plaace to be employed!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Warragul, VIC3 March 2015
A typical day includes managing a high amount of e-mails from clients, management and production teams. Traveling to clients place of business with proposals and other information, as well as "cold calling" new businesses. The role also required regular reporting to senior management regarding progress, difficulties and help they could provide in any form.

There a so many things that were learned to list, but the main point that stands out is that tenacity is key. No matter what the topic/issue, if you persist and find the right avenue you will most likely get the desired result.

The management and co-workers were fantastic! Nothing was demonstrated but a willingness to help you grow, both personally and professionally.

The hardest part of the job was the "cold calling". As every business owner is different, you needed to find the best way to connect with them and demonstrate the benefits of advertising with the company.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the company structure, every aspect of it is designed to maximise the enjoyment and profitability for both employee and client alike.
Pros
Excellent incentive scheme
Great Work Environment
shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canberra, ACT21 January 2015
Good start times, sometimes finish times can be late but that's the nature of the job. Southern Cross has taught me to be time conscious and how to prioritise my work load. The most challenging aspect of the job is being able to be flexible and manage stress levels when things don't go to plan. It has a great youthful environment.
A great workplace overall
Technology Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia27 August 2014
A brilliant place to work. Every day was different and challenging. I will always remember working here.
Large company with a good culture
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga, NSW22 August 2013
Most of the people I worked with were really good fun and we got on very well.
I increased my level of computer knowledge substantially over the 4 years with the company and was given a lot of support and training by management, and they were always very family orientated.
Pros
Flexible working conditions, which were very suitable to me because of my young family
Cons
Having to chase up aging accounts
On Air Announcer
On Air Announcer (Current Employee) –  Griffith, NSW5 June 2013
Busy days start from 9am, with a wide and varying array of duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Cross Austereo. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6