Southern Cross Care (SA, NT & VIC) Inc
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Southern Cross Care (SA, NT & VIC) Inc Employee Reviews

Australia40 reviews
Featured review
Southern Cross Care (SA, NT & VIC) Inc selected this as a representative review
Always learning something new lots of support. They have great staff and the residents love them. They are friendly and always helpful. The facility is clean and presentable.
Review
Allow bullying in the workplace and sweep it under the carpet. Staff are constantly stressed and no one is happy at this site. The moral of staff is poor. It’s absolutely discrimination to allow this kind of behaviour in a workplace
Official response from Southern Cross Care (SA, NT & VIC) Inc
11 February 2020
Thank you for providing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience in our organisation. We will look into the concerns you have raised, and do everything we can to address any issues. As an organisation, we are passionate about our Better for life approach, which places our residents and clients and the centre of everything we do. The safety, wellbeing and quality of life of our residents and clients is our highest priority at all times. If you would like to provide further feedback, please send us an email to: hr.central@southerncrosscare.com.au
Very bad experience
Job security 0, they terminate you without unnecessary reason
You will never know when they terminate you..!management is terrable , I try to speak with hr, every time I didn’t got success to speak with H
Official response from Southern Cross Care (SA, NT & VIC) Inc
11 February 2020
Thank you for providing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience in our organisation. We will look into the concerns you have raised, and do everything we can to address any issues. As an organisation, we are fully committed to recognising and rewarding our staff, and ensuring that we provide the training and support our staff need to do their best work. If you would like to provide further feedback, please send us an email to: hr.central@southerncrosscare.com.au
Very diverse and provide excellent care.
Great organisation to work for. Very diverse with culture and understanding of each person's individuality. They provide very high quality care and professionalism to residents.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know each resident on a personal level, not just see them as a job requirement.
Excellent work culture
A compassionate and caring team who are open to feedback and contribute to the continuous improvement to the welfare of people within the aged care community.

Pros: Having colleagues that are supportive and helpful to new employees

Cons: Aged care is a challenging and rewarding career
Bad management
They are after residents money and don't care about staff. If they don't like you even if your hard working they relieve you.Worst people in Fullarton.
Workplace that promote healthy ageing
Enjoyable.
teamwork.

supportive

workload/ staffing.

working with a friendly team,

Promoting new innovative ideas and team efforts .

healthy ageing.
Pros
learning new ideas and experiences.
A eventful day at Southern Cross
A typical day at Southern Cross begins with all staff receiving their roster. This tells each staff their duty of care that they have to complete .

At Southern Cross I learned how to shower a resident and get them prepared for breakfast and their day.

The management at Southern Cross is great to work with and looks after the staff and residents.
Pros
Birthday lunch and a gift
Cons
Doesn't judge staff fairly
Happy working there
I feel the place i work as my comfort zone..i really enjoying working there ..i have got some really good collegues i really like working with them..learnt alot over tym.
Good organisation to work
This a big organisation with multiple sites in south Australia and Northern territory. It provides good care to residents and provide life style and good meal along with nice residential facility.
Pros
salary sacrifice
Cons
only mandatory training is provided. Less training for career advancement
rewarding job
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working here.I mainly worked with residents with Dementia.I loved caring and communicating with all. There were a lot of courses that were presented to you and most were certified.I completed many corses to grow my knowledge and understanding of my work requirements and to help with making work easier for myself,and more comfortable for the clients.Manual handling was always being reviewed.Help was there working also with the Physiothereapist,who would pass on vital information to care for residents.A truly rewarding job.
good communication with clients , getting smiles
Good working environment in different wards , some better then others buddy system worked well and enjoyed my placement there.I learn't that you need abit of patience , understanding but at he end of the day i walked out with a smile due to if you respect the clients they respect you.Hardest part would of been that not everyone is the same and must be able to adjust appropiately. Management could of been abit more organized with communication , in general it worked well
Can be a place of growth and career opportunities.
I enjoyed my time working with Southern Cross Care. I grew, not just professionally but personally as well. During my time, I found the company to be open to my opinions and requests; resulting in being given opportunities for career development, leadership and training positions.
Changes in management always took time for a resettlement amongst staff and residents, but it does eventually happen.

Hardest part of the job was keeping up with changes to paperwork; a constant upgrading, but that is a good thing.

The most enjoyable part was working and spending time with the residents; seeing them making changes in their own lives; the smiles of self-belief on their faces.
Pros
Salary Sacrifice. Barbecue lunches for staff every now and again.
Cons
At times not having enough regular staff.
student
good learning environment
staff were very helpful

clients were great

clients seemed to enjoy daily activities

downfall is some equipment needs to be updated
Southern cross care
I loved this job. Not only was i getting a work out whike ckeaning but also getting oaid to do it. It was very flexible with life. Paid very well only fortnightly but that was so u had a bigger pay at the end of 2 weeks rather than 1 week.
Pros
Only 3 hrs an evening
Cons
Cleaning toilets and bins
Great experience
They treat their customers with respect and dignity. The staff were nice and understanding especially me being a student, i had a lot of great mentors that helped me learn and achieve my weekly goals.
Have great ideals but poor management and unrealistic expectations and time frames, do not value staff
Poor management which has led to a blame culture. Poor pay, never pay overtime. No flexibility for work/life culture. No boundaries for non work hours - phoned/emailed on time off.
Pros
Fixed shifts
Cons
Bad workplace culture, low pay, little flexibility for work-life balance
Great work atmosphere
Great work atmosphere. With a team that works well together to get the job done. taking into consideration all the care needs that need to be taken to provide the best care available.
personal care worker
Really good people to work and learn from.
Learn all about the different types aging

Easy environment to work in

Break times are easy to work within other works so there is all ways at least 2 workers on the floor in each sector
Nice environment, nice staff and residents, well thought out facility
Nice place to work, peaceful environment. Well thought out facility in terms of organisation and running of facility. Lots of spaces for staff/resident interaction.
Pros
free parking
Cons
no public transport
Good place to work, good workplace culture.
Good supportive place to work with good workplace culture. Nice facility with lots of areas for staff/residents. Nice environment, nice views/outlooks, peaceful environment
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No public transport available
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Cross Care (SA, NT & VIC) Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
Southern Cross Care (SA, NT & VIC) Inc Reviews by Job Title