Southern Cross Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Southern Cross Care Employee Reviews

Australia113 reviews
I enjoyed southern cross care very much they were very kind and supported me when I needed it I am very grateful for my time spent with scc and would recommend to anyone
Working in the office there they have a very clicky group. I was never treated as part of a team. The management lie about staff to get them terminated
I did my placements in southern cross, learned new experience, except new challenge, all team members are very experienced, they provide excellent quality care to the client
A good working environment. Looking after elder clients is always a challenge. Good communication skills is needed when working with the elderly. Good team work.
A walk-in from the department would reveal lack of consistency with documentation. An audit would reveal staff working outside their scope of practice.
Management do not address culture issues, instead they bully hard working, dedicated staff.

The hardest part is getting management to address the issues noted in the many incident reports logged.

The most enjoyable part is assisting the lovely residents.
Friendly atmosphere - Great place to pick up practical skills in a cafe - Clear tasks and responsibilities. Excellent scheduler that is very understanding and easy to work with. Easy clients to do and great clients to work.
management was terrible, constantly changing and absolutely no support from them. Workplace culture was incredibly low. Great divide between management and working staff
great staff, a lot shifts available and they are flexible with your schedule. working environment is faced paced, fun and productive. multiple shifts across all they're sites and can pick them up online or by phone call.
Management is not supportive, training is terrible. You don’t get paid hourly for on call! Worst place I’ve ever worked at. They lied at the interview stating the job was cruise, turns out it was just the opposite. Had to fight to be paid hourly. Worked until 11 pm and up at 4.45 each morning, not enough time to rest. Would never recommend to work with them. Very deceitful. HR manager was the most unprofessional, nasty and rude.
The staff at southern Cross bateau bay are the most caring and competent staff I have worked with in my 21 yrs in aged care . I would have no problem with my loved ones living in this facility
I enjoyed my stay and work with the company. Caring, flexible, good atmosphere to work in. I would consider to hear work again if opportunity arises.
The manager was racist and biased. She frustrated all people of colour. She had her purple circle group who she listened to only. She accused workers of things they didn't do in order to get rid of them. Going to work everyday was like torture. She removed hours from staff and gave them to her favourites.
Some lovely staff, some not so nice staff! Very rushed!!!! Not enough time allowed or used to the best outcome! A lot of overworked, under appreciated staff!
Management has changed multiple times so unsure what they are like! I think way to much is expected of all staff by both management and some staff! We all need to remember that this is the residents home and should be treated accordingly!
Being trained in this entity was a big personality and skills in cleaning, laundry, and kitchen for the residents in the Home Care environment. It was a fun-filled challenging yet rewarding experience.
Very rewarding at times with all my clients,organisation tends to drive employees as much as they can,very thankless job,workload is poorly paid,not a job to advance in either
Poor Management in the past 5 years
previously Management was focus on Care for staff which had disappear in the last few years.

however I have always enjoy my stay there.
SCCWA took a long time prossesing and finally placing me in a position in their company. I was on hold for at least a month.
Having to work under a Perth based set up when working in regional Broome made it a very frustrating experience to say the least. So much to say. So little space to do so.
Provide education to build staff confidence
Friendly and safe environment of working

Sustainable organisation, caring in nature to staff and consumers
This is a very good place for client's aged care center.very caring and patient. has the opportunity to work here.we follow the rules and regulations.
Good place to start with and keep glowing. Provides good services and cares. Safety of individual is most priority of the management. Always put workers welfare at the top.
I was head cook at this company , I received a lot of great feedback for my cooking and built regular customers that were sad to see me move onto nursing . I also worked in the bar and managed the tavern when the owners were not on premise .
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Cross Care. Our community is ready to answer.