Southern Cross Care Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Personal Care Worker (Placement) (Former Employee) –  Banksia NSW3 June 2019
They have good Team work, performance activities
Meeting client expectations
Friendly environment
Good documentation
Listening to clients needs/complain
Pros
Good life style for clients
Cons
Long shift
Hard work,slightly dangerous at times, residents are mostly lovely ,staff can be difficult
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Broken Hill NSW6 April 2019
Not enough training given
Very physically demanding
Resident's are wonderful
Need to be strong emotionly
Enjoyed working with the residents
got along with most, availability of shift work,job entails helping the residents in activities of daily living such as showering drying dressing shaving cleaning teeth and or dentures. Regular linen changes,making beds organising their room so neat and tidy. Regular toileting of residents thru out the day .Assisting with meals help serve and help residents with eating, clean &tidy of common areas such as lounge/dining,sun rooms
Pros
The residents
Cons
Toxic environment
Misleading job description - completely unorganised farce
Maintenance Officer (Former Employee) –  BRISBANE / GOLD COAST29 March 2019
I was taken on by Southern Cross Services as a maintenance worker. I accepted the role and was issued a contract which detailed a salary, annual leave entitlements, fuel card and an agreement that I would be supported with RPL to obtain my carpentry certificate.
Based on this information I resigned from my previous role and accepted the job offer.
Upon acceptance the terms then began to change!
Firstly I was told by Southern Cross that they would no longer be employing me as they had appointed a commercial builder by the name of MGA Systems. They reassured me that MGA would honour the terms of the contract and that none of the terms under which I had accepted the role would be retracted or different in any way.
I commenced work under MGA on Southern Cross houses and chased them consistently for my onboarding paperwork as they had not provided me with a contract from them outlining ther terms of my employment, they had not sent me a request for bank details to pay me, a tax request form or superannuation nomination account.

After 3 full days of working for them I received a call from MGA Systems to say that they would not be honouring the contract at all and that they would be taking me on as a sub contractor.

no annual leave, no super annuation, no RPL to obtain my carpentry license.

They informed me that Southern Cross Services had 'washed their hands of me'

I was so disgusted by both of these companies and I would never have left my former role if I had of known that they were completely misleading me in the terms of the job.
Pros
Cons
misleading, expect to do out of hours call outs for no additonal pay
Workplace culture and acceptance
Volunteer and Helper (Former Employee) –  Tasmania25 March 2019
Being from another country and working as a volunteer under the most experienced nurses, the management never under estimated my feelings or need and always entitled me to what I deserved.
They made flexible work hour shift for me.
Pros
Beautiful work environment and free food
Happy clients
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakleigh East VIC25 March 2019
Hard physical job assisting clients with their daily living. At the time I was performing this job, I enjoyed the client group and I had a good report with them.
I learned in this job about case management, and decided to go back to school to get my Diploma.
The culture was very friendly and cozy environment.
Pros
The clients were nice and supportive
Cons
Not enough work and no money
Placement
Effective team member (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD11 March 2019
I recently did Placement at Southern Cross Caloundra
The work environment was excellent staff and management easy to work with and the level of car provided by the Facility was Excellent
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Prospect SA13 February 2019
Always learning something new lots of support. They have great staff and the residents love them. They are friendly and always helpful. The facility is clean and presentable.
productive & positive workplace
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Broken Hill NSW9 February 2019
love it, rewarding.
new management is supportive which is leading to a more positive workplace
most enjoyable part of the job is giving the residents ongoing support & making them smile daily.
beautiful place to work
Team Leader / CSE2 (Former Employee) –  Goulburn NSW 258013 January 2019
A wonderful and fulfilling place to work. Management and staff work as a strong team.
Working in aged care is very rewarding, I was fortunate to be able to better myself during my time spent at southern cross care.
Pros
small facility
Cons
travel distance
Highly reccoment to avoide
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC3 January 2019
If you like being abused by management apply
if you have a bubbly personality avoid this company because you will get sacked speaking from experience.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything in review
Bad management
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullarton SA28 December 2018
They are after residents money and don't care about staff. If they don't like you even if your hard working they relieve you.Worst people in Fullarton.
Discussing
Personal Care Worker certificate 4 experienced (Current Employee) –  Chinchilla QLD27 December 2018
Constant change of management constant change over of staff. The overall care has declined. Inexperienced staff. Unstable work place.Not knowing how many staff are going to show up.
Pros
Not recommend
Cons
It's a job
I had great experiences
Student (Former Employee) –  Oakland park South Australia14 December 2018
I worked at Southern cross aged care as a student, I did my placement with an amazing individuals that helped me throughout my studies, i really enjoyed working with them for the short time I spent there.
Pros
Beautiful staff room
Cons
N/a
great palce to work
pca (Former Employee) –  Newport VIC5 December 2018
great place to work,small amount of resident 37, food cooked on site.
many activities good manager. been taken over by mercy health.good staffing levels.
Pros
the freedom to be yourself and have fun with residents
Cons
many manager changes
safe and friendly workplace.
Registered Nurse (Casual) (Former Employee) –  forrestfield,Perth WA21 October 2018
love to work,good friendly environment.however not much shifts for casuals.good salary and supportive nursing management.one nurse for 60 residents and walk all over the houses that make bit tired.monitor residents behaviour and be proactive for hospital transfers .

Managing aggressive behaviour of residents is hard part sometime,things wont go in expected way sometimes.at the end u get job safisfication.good to work there.
Pros
paid meal break
Cons
not much shifts for casual
Feed patients or assist patients to eat or drink (Former Employee) –  Casino NSW18 October 2018
Loved the employees and rewarding and ongoing training helped a lot. Very nice people and perfect residential qualities. Highly recommended for work training and employment
Life as an age care worker
HOME CARE EMPLOYEE (Current Employee) –  Tweed Heads NSW3 October 2018
Flexibility and ever changing day to day tasks, along with the changes of clients and their needs. Busy and upbeat people will strive well in this field. Love to meet and work with new and different people on a day to day basis.
Community Service Worker
Community Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Geelong VIC22 September 2018
My work varies but includes
Showering clients
Grooming
Medications
Shopping
Errands
Home care
Anything required to perform the job
The most enjoyable part is when my client acknowledges they have enjoyed and appreciated the service they have received from me.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Not a happy place to work in
Aged Care Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Upper Mount Gravatt QLD4 September 2018
Change in management, also change in culture, not so friendly, it was not a happy place to work in, staff were not staying, lack of leadership, no communication to staff.
Busy work environment.
Administrative Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 September 2018
Busy work environment with an emphasis on caring for the aged.

The Corporate Office runs beautifully appointed aged care facilities and retirement villages alongside Community Care all over Queensland.

I enjoyed my time there and learnt a lot in administration and finance.
Pros
Corporate setting