Southern Cross Community Healthcare
View all Southern Cross Community Healthcare reviews

Southern Cross Community Healthcare

Southern Cross Community Healthcare Employee Review

Management only care about themselves

Southern cross pay less than any other DSW jobs. You are employed as a contractor (not casual). No room for professional growth. No job security. No opportunities for permanent positions or promotions. Lots of cliques within group homes. Bullying and favouritism. Clients are not looked after properly, particularly when they don’t have family or a close support network. The clients are forgotten about and left sitting in their own waste for days. They will offer no help or support when you ask for it; but they beg you endlessly when they need you to do something that benefits them.

Pros

Not much

Cons

Bad pay, bullying

Same role

Uncaring management

I was caring for the elderly in the community, at first it started of great, management was caring and understanding of my needs as a carer and a uni student. Management new of my uni studies from start as I had informed at my interview When it came time for me to go on my clinical work placement for my uni studies, management pretty much bullied me into leaving as they didn’t have anyone to fill my clients. I was told at my interview that you got paid an hourly rate, travel rate and then time spent travelling. The time travelling is a lie which I never got.....

Pros

Cons

Uncaring management
Same role

Enjoy caring for people - h ave spent my lift caring for people who are worst off than myself

Looking after someone who cannot attend for themselves. There are people who are worse off than myself. Dealing with other people make it easier to deal with people worse off than myself. It is hard when someone you have cared for for 21 years passes away it leaves a hole in your heart, but you know there is someone else out there who needs your help too.
Same location

No room to progress or advance. Management fail to suport staff when required. Clients are mosty lovely, although when abusive, not repremanded t all.

No support given to workers when required. No action taken when clients are aggressive or innapropriate. No job security at all. Benefits would be flexible hours, good penalty rates if you're lucky enough to get weekends or public holidays.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Irreguar shifts. No job security. No support from management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Cross Community Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Southern Cross Community Healthcare
  • Management only care about themselves