Southern Cross Community Healthcare

Southern Cross Community Healthcare Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW4 reviews

3.1Pay & Benefits

Excellent company to work for

I have been working with SCCH for about a year. I have learned so much about high need patients, doing training at Prince of Wales and Macquarie Hospital. I enjoy working with my co-workers, they are great people. My Community manager is great, very supportive. Other management staff are friendly and understanding. Overall I’m happy working for them.

Pros

Lots of online learning and encouragement to keep my own learning process

Cons

More opportunities to get more shifts

Great long term career prospects with the opportunity to learn and grow

Having worked in other industries before moving into community care I had to transition and adapt to the challenges that working in the community presents. I read with interest the reviews already posted and can see there are certainly people with a less than favorable view. What I have observed and experienced (being involved with community care now for over a decade) is that community care is not for everyone. It deals with the broadest range of people from all cultures and preferences. People who access support are also people who are some of the most vulnerable in the community which means that anyone who works within this industry has to be able to adapt to an ever changing landscape - it is not as structured as turning up and clocking on and off each day. The work can sometimes be challenging but at the same time be very rewarding because without the thousands of people who turn up each day these vulnerable people would not remain living at home. Within this ever changing landscape I have found this organisation to be one of the most progressive and supportive organisations - particularly for those who have reached out. Not every organisation is perfect, however in this organisation whenever a problem, complaint or difficult situation is identified or presented it is taken seriously and actioned - they have a focus on continually improving and to tailor support and services for each of their clients. Unfortunately not every complaint or concern gets heard and some fall through the cracks, however this does not mean to say that this organisation is -

Pros

Supportive environment, varied day-to-day work - no two days are the same, opportunity to learn and grow, quality driven organisation

Cons

working with the general community can be challenging at times, but every job has it cons

Terrible management

Management do not communicate with each other or seem to have any idea of what they are doing. They do not care about their staffs safety or well being, allowing them to be bullied by other staff and their participants. Very little training provided, which is scary as this is peoples lives we are potentially playing with and i would not be comfortable with having my family member being looked after by someone who has had very little formal training. The company do not take staff members complaits seriously and only care about keeping the participant happy and taking their money. Will set and play you up against other workers and your participants. Their computer software used for rostering and reporting also needs to be relooked.

Pros

Decent pay for littke experience.

Cons

Miss management

Work in my client's own home offering more professional added care.

I rate my present employer at a very high level but as have since done and completed my Certificate IV in Pathology I really would much prefer to branch off into this more professional field, as it will no doubt enhance my career and job satisfaction. My typical day at work is to provide part time assistance in the caring of a client with a severe disability which has given me the added ability to care for and handle clients with an enhanced degree of professional caring. In this job my only co-worker is the wife of this client and as I have also had many placements in hospitals in the Philippines where it was necessary for me to relate to both the Nursing Staff and the Medical Officers I have had the satisfaction of being able to work very effectively as a part of a Team. The hardest part of my current job and the previous hospital work placements was the physical effort that was necessary to carry out all of the necessary work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that the effective work I have carried out, which has quite often been commended and appreciated by all concerned..

Pros

Part time work when my Children were very young and needed my constant care.

Cons

Very short hours of employment each day which enhances my travelling expenses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Cross Community Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Southern Cross Community Healthcare Reviews by Job Title