Southern Cross Community Healthcare

Southern Cross Community Healthcare Employee Reviews for Personal Care Assistant

Personal Care Assistant4 reviews
Australia4 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Personal Care Attendant

Already reviewed this company, this company was fairly organised although it had it's challenges.

Exploitive

Understaffing is a massive issue . Lower pay than other providers no penalty rates ,meal allowances or sick pay . Management does nothing to rectify the problems Stressful work conditions with zero support . They have created a work environment that anyone with merit unfortunately moves on and they rely on immigration to keep the wages low and their profits high .

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

Any idiot can get a job regardless

Challenging, Adventure with priceless rewards

Providing assistance with various medical, health and wellbeing needs and requirements. Life skills, patience, respect, understanding. Well managed. Fun and exciting workplace culture Leaving Watching the client find moments of personal independence and freedom and happiness.

Work in my client's own home offering more professional added care.

I rate my present employer at a very high level but as have since done and completed my Certificate IV in Pathology I really would much prefer to branch off into this more professional field, as it will no doubt enhance my career and job satisfaction. My typical day at work is to provide part time assistance in the caring of a client with a severe disability which has given me the added ability to care for and handle clients with an enhanced degree of professional caring. In this job my only co-worker is the wife of this client and as I have also had many placements in hospitals in the Philippines where it was necessary for me to relate to both the Nursing Staff and the Medical Officers I have had the satisfaction of being able to work very effectively as a part of a Team. The hardest part of my current job and the previous hospital work placements was the physical effort that was necessary to carry out all of the necessary work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that the effective work I have carried out, which has quite often been commended and appreciated by all concerned..

Pros

Part time work when my Children were very young and needed my constant care.

Cons

Very short hours of employment each day which enhances my travelling expenses.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Southern Cross Community Healthcare?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Cross Community Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Southern Cross Community Healthcare Reviews by Location