Southern Cross Community Healthcare

Southern Cross Community Healthcare Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker11 reviews
Australia11 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Excellent company to work for

I have been working with SCCH for about a year. I have learned so much about high need patients, doing training at Prince of Wales and Macquarie Hospital. I enjoy working with my co-workers, they are great people. My Community manager is great, very supportive. Other management staff are friendly and understanding. Overall I’m happy working for them.

Pros

Lots of online learning and encouragement to keep my own learning process

Cons

More opportunities to get more shifts

Very rewarding job if you like helping people with disabilities and elderly Plenty of work hours Great work life balance Option to work own hours and weekends Great flexibility

Pros

Work flexibility

Cons

Not paid for travel or kilometre

The worst ever!

No wonder there are so many bad reviews!Way lower wages compared to other agencies and no negotiation as self-employed contract???There is no supporting workers whatsoever, no any educational program for workers, no communication, very different to other agencies.The agency is bad for support workers but good for managers because they don't do their job !

Pros

hopeless

Cons

fault management

Bullying is rampant

You will be bullied by other workers and management, these people are horrible to work for, they use employees for a skape goat wherever possible and WILL walk all over you if they see fit, about them at all costs they also trade under the name southern cross support services. They will also lie to cover themselves

Great work life balance

Very flexible work hours Get to meet lovely people I enjoy helping people and seeing how happy your clients are is very rewarding Only negative is they don’t pay for travelling

Excellent

Excellent company to work for . Care Assesses are easily contacted and a very supportive. Management can be contacted by email or phone . Question are answers promptly

Bullying company

Don't get sick and don't care about your family and you will do well with this company . I had been diagnosed with an illness , I pushed through still caring for my clients, management told me They said I was lying even when I gave them proof from doctor.

Pros

Non

Cons

Is fun place to work for and the participants are rrally great.

Is fun place to work for and the participants are really great. Always flexible and help in allocating shortest distance. Really great coordinators to work with.

Very supportive employment

southern cross care provided a great work life balance and supported the time I needed at the time for university. As someone that has never had children myself working for a a beautiful family taught me a lot about supporting people of different ages.

A great job with a frinedly family

The family I supported also supported me which is where it became a boundary issue. I became quite unwell while working there and left due to illness. However eventually recovered.

Pros

Cons

None!

feel good job

It was a very flexible job where I got to be sort of my own boss. I enjoyed working with my colleges as they were friendly and very helpful. Best part of the job was knowing you helped someone and made their life much easier.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Cross Community Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question