Southern Cross Community Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Southern Cross Community Healthcare Culture reviews

Australia42 reviews

Clear
3.3Work–Life Balance

Excellent company to work for

I have been working with SCCH for about a year. I have learned so much about high need patients, doing training at Prince of Wales and Macquarie Hospital. I enjoy working with my co-workers, they are great people. My Community manager is great, very supportive. Other management staff are friendly and understanding. Overall I’m happy working for them.

Pros

Lots of online learning and encouragement to keep my own learning process

Cons

More opportunities to get more shifts

Great company to work for

The team are super helpful. Everyone gets in on time and tackles their day positively e.g. urgent shift vacancies.The team shares ideas on how to improve process's which is improving. great environment

Pros

Free lunches / work life balance / great management

Great Company to work with

Busy and rewarding and enjoyable experience. Company looks after you. Management are great and happy to help at any time. hardest part was keeping up with everything

Pros

Free Lunches birthday day off

Is fun place to work for and the participants are rrally great.

Is fun place to work for and the participants are really great. Always flexible and help in allocating shortest distance. Really great coordinators to work with.

Pros

Great organization to work for

Great team/programs, excellent people to work with, both supports workers and clients.Great feeling knowing you are able to help the clients with their day to day needs/routines, its a great experience. Though it is physical work as well.

Great long term career prospects with the opportunity to learn and grow

Having worked in other industries before moving into community care I had to transition and adapt to the challenges that working in the community presents. I read with interest the reviews already posted and can see there are certainly people with a less than favorable view. What I have observed and experienced (being involved with community care now for over a decade) is that community care is not for everyone. It deals with the broadest range of people from all cultures and preferences. People who access support are also people who are some of the most vulnerable in the community which means that anyone who works within this industry has to be able to adapt to an ever changing landscape - it is not as structured as turning up and clocking on and off each day. The work can sometimes be challenging but at the same time be very rewarding because without the thousands of people who turn up each day these vulnerable people would not remain living at home. Within this ever changing landscape I have found this organisation to be one of the most progressive and supportive organisations - particularly for those who have reached out. Not every organisation is perfect, however in this organisation whenever a problem, complaint or difficult situation is identified or presented it is taken seriously and actioned - they have a focus on continually improving and to tailor support and services for each of their clients. Unfortunately not every complaint or concern gets heard and some fall through the cracks, however this does not mean to say that this organisation is -

Pros

Supportive environment, varied day-to-day work - no two days are the same, opportunity to learn and grow, quality driven organisation

Cons

working with the general community can be challenging at times, but every job has it cons

Challenging, Adventure with priceless rewards

Providing assistance with various medical, health and wellbeing needs and requirements. Life skills, patience, respect, understanding. Well managed. Fun and exciting workplace culture Leaving Watching the client find moments of personal independence and freedom and happiness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Cross Community Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?