Southern Cross Community Healthcare Management reviews

Uncaring management
Communirt carer (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW15 March 2019
I was caring for the elderly in the community, at first it started of great, management was caring and understanding of my needs as a carer and a uni student.
Management new of my uni studies from start as I had informed at my interview
When it came time for me to go on my clinical work placement for my uni studies, management pretty much bullied me into leaving as they didn’t have anyone to fill my clients.
I was told at my interview that you got paid an hourly rate, travel rate and then time spent travelling. The time travelling is a lie which I never got.....
Pros
Cons
Uncaring management
Poor communication & management
Support Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Wollongong NSW24 July 2018
Very poor roster admin communication from SCCH from the outset - I repeatedly had to request essential information that had not been provided. Other management communication is not well coordinated. There is no job security or possibility of advancement - rosters can be cut even when supposedly agreed after negotiation. There is a current workplace agreement between SCCH and the NSW Nurses & Midwives Association, however most staff are not aware of the conditions and rights set out in this agreement. Payment is always a full fortnight in arrears - this is not standard nor should it be acceptable.
Pros
Some nice and helpful members of staff and co-workers.
Cons
Poor communication & management, no job security, payment a full fortnight in arrears
Pathetic company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC27 August 2017
No training provided. Management bully staff members regarding doing extra shifts. Constantly ringing about shifts and staff being abused by management if they are unable to cover shifts. Management do not communicate between each other. Poor management. Be very careful if you are considering working for this company.
Pros
None really
Cons
Harassment and incompetent management.
Great organisation to work for
Employee (Current Employee) –  Wollongong NSW20 April 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for this organisation, I have had the opportunity to learn a great deal from them. The management are professional and supportive. Great pay and work life balance. I have found my work with this organisation to be very rewarding and would highly recommend them.
Poor management and communication
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD9 March 2017
Personal care work will always involve great benefits as you are working with gorgeous elderly people. This organisation however is not someone I would recommend, three RN's left within a 12 month period I was there due to poor management and communication. As a part time worker I attempted to assist by filling in when I could, however I was treated so poorly and accused of multiple (inaccurate) things that I left abruptly which is something I have never done in all my years of caring and haven't done since.
Pros
Gorgeous Clients
Cons
Poor staff retention, no forward planning, too much responsibility placed on workers
Terrible management
Attendant Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 March 2017
Management do not communicate with each other or seem to have any idea of what they are doing. They do not care about their staffs safety or well being, allowing them to be bullied by other staff and their participants. Very little training provided, which is scary as this is peoples lives we are potentially playing with and i would not be comfortable with having my family member being looked after by someone who has had very little formal training.
The company do not take staff members complaits seriously and only care about keeping the participant happy and taking their money. Will set and play you up against other workers and your participants.
Their computer software used for rostering and reporting also needs to be relooked.
Pros
Decent pay for littke experience.
Cons
Miss management
They don't care about their employees.
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  NSW South Coast NSW20 February 2017
There is little to no support offered to employees. They do not listen to any complaints or issues and are all about keeping clients on board by stepping all over employees. They do not offer any benefits no matter how long you have been working for them. They are horrible
A+++ Employer
Care Assessor/ Community Care Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW7 December 2016
The best work life balance I've ever experienced. Great support from management and team, fantastic work health safety procedures.
Other carers were great to work with
Assistant Care Worker/Disabilties (Former Employee) –  NSW27 April 2016
Management really needs to be looked at & fixed up ASAP.
Great job, but had it's moments. No proper training was provided, just shown skills, by other carers.
Pros
Compassionate carers, great job
Cons
Stuff ups in Management