Southern Cross Community Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Southern Cross Community Healthcare Pay & Benefits reviews

Australia42 reviews

Clear
3.3Work–Life Balance
3.1Pay & Benefits

No room to progress or advance. Management fail to suport staff when required. Clients are mosty lovely, although when abusive, not repremanded t all.

No support given to workers when required. No action taken when clients are aggressive or innapropriate. No job security at all. Benefits would be flexible hours, good penalty rates if you're lucky enough to get weekends or public holidays.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Irreguar shifts. No job security. No support from management.

Management only care about themselves

Southern cross pay less than any other DSW jobs. You are employed as a contractor (not casual). No room for professional growth. No job security. No opportunities for permanent positions or promotions. Lots of cliques within group homes. Bullying and favouritism. Clients are not looked after properly, particularly when they don’t have family or a close support network. The clients are forgotten about and left sitting in their own waste for days. They will offer no help or support when you ask for it; but they beg you endlessly when they need you to do something that benefits them.

Pros

Not much

Cons

Bad pay, bullying

Is fun place to work for and the participants are rrally great.

Is fun place to work for and the participants are really great. Always flexible and help in allocating shortest distance. Really great coordinators to work with.

Pros

Great long term career prospects with the opportunity to learn and grow

Having worked in other industries before moving into community care I had to transition and adapt to the challenges that working in the community presents. I read with interest the reviews already posted and can see there are certainly people with a less than favorable view. What I have observed and experienced (being involved with community care now for over a decade) is that community care is not for everyone. It deals with the broadest range of people from all cultures and preferences. People who access support are also people who are some of the most vulnerable in the community which means that anyone who works within this industry has to be able to adapt to an ever changing landscape - it is not as structured as turning up and clocking on and off each day. The work can sometimes be challenging but at the same time be very rewarding because without the thousands of people who turn up each day these vulnerable people would not remain living at home. Within this ever changing landscape I have found this organisation to be one of the most progressive and supportive organisations - particularly for those who have reached out. Not every organisation is perfect, however in this organisation whenever a problem, complaint or difficult situation is identified or presented it is taken seriously and actioned - they have a focus on continually improving and to tailor support and services for each of their clients. Unfortunately not every complaint or concern gets heard and some fall through the cracks, however this does not mean to say that this organisation is -

Pros

Supportive environment, varied day-to-day work - no two days are the same, opportunity to learn and grow, quality driven organisation

Cons

working with the general community can be challenging at times, but every job has it cons

Poor management and communication

Personal care work will always involve great benefits as you are working with gorgeous elderly people. This organisation however is not someone I would recommend, three RN's left within a 12 month period I was there due to poor management and communication. As a part time worker I attempted to assist by filling in when I could, however I was treated so poorly and accused of multiple (inaccurate) things that I left abruptly which is something I have never done in all my years of caring and haven't done since.

Pros

Gorgeous Clients

Cons

Poor staff retention, no forward planning, too much responsibility placed on workers

They don't care about their employees.

There is little to no support offered to employees. They do not listen to any complaints or issues and are all about keeping clients on board by stepping all over employees. They do not offer any benefits no matter how long you have been working for them. They are horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Cross Community Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?