Southern Cross Community Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Southern Cross Community Healthcare Work–Life Balance reviews

Australia42 reviews

Clear
3.3Work–Life Balance
3.1Pay & Benefits

A paradox in what they stand for

A typical day at work is one of organized chaos. I may have things planned, but there were curve balls which changed all that. You had to focus on the needs of the client to which I feel I did. Obviously sometimes they wanted a mile when they were entitled to an inch.

Pros

Lunches brought for us occasionally

Cons

On call

Very rewarding job if you like helping people with disabilities and elderly Plenty of work hours Great work life balance Option to work own hours and weekends Great flexibility

Pros

Work flexibility

Cons

Not paid for travel or kilometre

Great company to work for

The team are super helpful. Everyone gets in on time and tackles their day positively e.g. urgent shift vacancies.The team shares ideas on how to improve process's which is improving. great environment

Pros

Free lunches / work life balance / great management

Cons

Good

It is very nice working in this company. They have a very professional staff and kind managers. I really recommend this company because they help me by guiding me how to be a good support worker.

Great work life balance

Very flexible work hours Get to meet lovely people I enjoy helping people and seeing how happy your clients are is very rewarding Only negative is they don’t pay for travelling

Excellent workplace

The best company I’ve worked for and very good communication with all managers great clients always interesting and a joy to work with management always willing to help with any concerns

Is fun place to work for and the participants are rrally great.

Is fun place to work for and the participants are really great. Always flexible and help in allocating shortest distance. Really great coordinators to work with.

Very supportive employment

southern cross care provided a great work life balance and supported the time I needed at the time for university. As someone that has never had children myself working for a a beautiful family taught me a lot about supporting people of different ages.

Great organisation to work for

I have thoroughly enjoyed working for this organisation, I have had the opportunity to learn a great deal from them. The management are professional and supportive. Great pay and work life balance. I have found my work with this organisation to be very rewarding and would highly recommend them.

A+++ Employer

The best work life balance I've ever experienced. Great support from management and team, fantastic work health safety procedures.

Enjoy caring for people - h ave spent my lift caring for people who are worst off than myself

Looking after someone who cannot attend for themselves. There are people who are worse off than myself. Dealing with other people make it easier to deal with people worse off than myself. It is hard when someone you have cared for for 21 years passes away it leaves a hole in your heart, but you know there is someone else out there who needs your help too.

feel good job

It was a very flexible job where I got to be sort of my own boss. I enjoyed working with my colleges as they were friendly and very helpful. Best part of the job was knowing you helped someone and made their life much easier.

Personal Care Attendant

Already reviewed this company, this company was fairly organised although it had it's challenges.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Cross Community Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question