SOUTHERN CROSS SUPPORT SERVICES
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SOUTHERN CROSS SUPPORT SERVICES Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
Big on self care, good availability, plenty of work, plenty of training, need a strong mindset as it is a very mentally exhausting job. Must be flexible
Great to work for and fantastic to be apart of a great team. The company takes pride in what they do and how they do it. They keep the customers happy and have many ways to help they insure you are okay with everything.
Staff are low paid compared to the complexity they have to deal with. No professional development and no support as such. The management is good at picking out mistakes of the worker when they decide on changing the support model for the clients. No job security.
Southern Cross Support Services aims for excellence. As the Company motto implies, they give you purpose, offer you sense of belonging and give your job security. I can categorically state that Southern Cross Support Services is one of the best Disability Support and Child Safety Services provider in Queensland.
I have worked at SCSS for sometime now and the opportunities & growth that has been provided for me has been life changing. The growth within myself and the company has been more than rewarding.
This job has set me up to succeed in my career and provide me with choice for my future.

The growth & improvement within the management team and processes over the last 3 months has been outstanding.

We have a very hard working & supportive team at SCSS and i would recommend this work place to anyone & everyone.
I learned that a place can still be run on values and ethics. Every client matters and staff are equally as important to this team.
Human beings, working with human beings = things can and will be unpredictable at times.

As a Team Leader, I get staff thinking that they are going to come in and change the world, have a cruise supervisory job or come because the hourly rates are decent and penalty rates still exist. THIS place is about active support, walking alongside of the people we are privileged to support and working towards achieving goals (both for clients and staff).

I have been afforded great opportunities for career progression and could not ask for a more supportive management team who have a respect for the front line being the client experts.
I have worked in the support industry for over 20 years and I this is the most responsive place I have ever worked. Sure, rosters are a juggle but now I'm in a good rhythm. Don't expect them to support slack and lazy workers, they listen to those of us who are tired of being associated with staff who are not in it for the right reasons.
Was surprised to be offered PPT after my three month probation - an organisation who recognises that without staff you have no clients.
If you are in a management role you will do well, if not your voice will not be heard. There is no recognition of the work you do in fact your team leader will take the credit for your ideas and any breakthroughs you have. There is no support for the worker and if you try to debrief with other colleagues you will be made to feel inadequate and alienated from the group.
Do not make the same mistake as I did and turn and run. Do not apply for positions with Southern Cross and do not accept an offer to work for them. Management is terrible. Your expectations of the role and the reality are 2 different things. There is no job security and they will get rid of you in a heartbeat. Work for Southern Cross at your own risk. It will be a decision you will regret.
what a great organisation to work for, its all about the client experience and they acknowledge the hard work of their staff, I love my work!
Supervisors are supportive, we have a good induction, HR will help you with qualification enrolment if that's your path and have contact with all levels of management. My clients are just great, rosters can sometimes be hard but that's the type of industry we work in.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SOUTHERN CROSS SUPPORT SERVICES?
Southetn Cross continue to employ people even if there are no jobs available it takes up to 3 to 4 months from being given a job to when you start. a management, human resources and direct line supervisors not communicating so uou become lost in their system and just become a number. Southern Cross are not concerned about you as a person do not work for this confusing company
The work is rewarding and there's plenty of hours. Must have a can do approach and a strong sense of social justice helps. I only worked there for a short while as the position was casual and I was offered full-time elsewhere. Otherwise I would still be happily working there. Only negative was no salary packaging but the good pay rate offset that.
I joined the business in 2018 and it has been a very fast paced position and challenging but overall rewarding role that I take great pride in.

The Managers are fantastic and take the time to get to know you and I cannot think of another place I would rather be!
I loved working with the young people. However, when it comes to staff’s safety there is almost non existence.Constantly fearing for my own safety at work.

Lack in f management support: no debriefing after any time incident. Not a lot of training or meetings.
Management at the local level were horrible, they rarely if at all met with young clients, they disrespected their most important assets (Youth Support Workers) bullied, cajoled, embarrassed workers in front of co-workers. I've since learnt two local managers have left so things may have improved. Local management werenot supportive of workers who were adsauoted by youths oand cared less about personal property damage by youths to workers persinal vehicles.
This company is very poorly managed and communication and training is not very good either, there is always shifts but some locations you work in you do not feel safe
I have great people skills
Great phone manner

I work really well in a team environment

Always On every time

Work really well alone great computer skills
Pros
i am willing to work in a good team
Cons
no license but i have a push bike
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOUTHERN CROSS SUPPORT SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.
SOUTHERN CROSS SUPPORT SERVICES Reviews by Location