Southern Cross University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Southern Cross University Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews
Generally friendly and collaborative. Staff appreciative of efforts to assist them.Great challenge.
Day to day purchasing activities - mainly checking orders raised by different sections of the University and contract establishments for more costly procurement.
I work with students to help them understand what is required of them. I help them to utilise time management skills and assist them to use referencing and understand gramma and sentence structure requirements.
Positive renumeraton, friendly staff and management, close to home,
School of nursing created a postive workplace environment

Health clinic was slightly stressful due to financial limitations
Meet a lot of people, Excellent workplace, awesome environment to be apart of, and staff were always very friendly with always plenty of work too be done, and programs to be apart of
Várias oportunidades de crescer profissionalmente.
I have been both a postgraduate student and employee at Southern Cross University. My experience in both contexts has been positive. I have felt supported in both my studies and work duties.
Management have no idea what the real workers do. Only giving 6 month contracts with no full time positions. I had to fight and go to HR to get my one year ongoing pay rise which was an extra $1 hour.
Rude and entitled staff who think they are above policies and procedures.
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Managemenmt, casual contracts, entitled staff
I worked there for three decades as a tenured staff member with a mostly positive work experience overall. I left in 2013 and cannot speak with any informed authority concerning the current employment conditions or workplace environment since such things can change quite dramatically with organisational restructuring and shifts in management and hierarchy, all of which were occurring at the time of my leaving and have occurred since I left.
Great structure, hours of operation. Good learning curve into a office environment. Great pay, but unstable with contract. Enjoyed face to face with clients and learning new administrative skills.
Pros
income, breaks
Cons
contract employment
Iam having fun and learning a lot about hospitality in Southern Cross University. Learning new things everyday makes me more confident to become a successful hospitality worker.
Pros
Free wifi
Cons
Far
In a great working place I used to work in SCU engineering lab on energy harvesting project which was my best experience after graduation. Very accrued equipment and friendly staff.
Working as a career for Multi-task was very rewarding. It was well paid. I enjoyed working with the people and enjoyed bring joy into peoples lives. I would often work Christmas with people that had no family.
Pros
Having a secure pay check.
Cons
Long hours and driving the bus.