Southern NSW Local Health District

7: Southern NSW Local Health District Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews

2.3Work–Life Balance

Terrible work/life balance

Never have enough staff in any positions (Management,RN,EN,Administration,Security etcVery poorly managedConstantly hounded to do extra shifts and even told they had to do themVery high turnover of staffLow wage for everyone except nurses and management

A great place to work

Recent changes have occurred and is a great positive workplace. Highly recommended if you are looking for a supportive friendly environment to work..

Great staff, terrible management

I worked for this service for over 25 years & was terminated on medical grounds. When the termination occurred, I received an email from my unit manager demanding I return my keys & uniform ASAP. That was it. Very cold & uncaring which is typical of the SNSWLHD. Management do not value their employees. I would never recommend anyone take a job with this service. You’re a number. Most management are a joke & care little for their employees & moral is usually low.

Pros

Shift work

Cons

Way to many to mention

Leadership vacuum and group think

There are many skilled and dedicated people working ‘on the ground’. Sadly, they find themselves working in a chaotic organization rife with poor communication and people appointed to leadership roles that lack the skills and experience to discharge their responsibilities. There is a culture of group think - new ideas are dismissed, and people who question the old ways will be sidelined. There is a deeply unprofessional culture rooted in this place. If you’re prepared to keep your head down, tow the line and do as you told, they’ll let you sit in a dead end job for a decade. If you want challenge, opportunity and engagement - avoid! This is a place where careers stall.

This Health Organisation is rife with bullying and intimidation - Executive Management is deplorable that further demoralises it staff

I would not recommend applying for a job with this LHD Management practices are deplorable and this demoralises your moral not to mention the bullying and intimidation that is condone at all levels

Friendly work environment but sadly apathetic

Long tenure employees with little or any desire for change. Senior management not ready to embrace change so therefor no real leadership. New CE as of November 2017 with strong credentials and will try very hard to achieve change needed.

a dynamic work environment with a great team

A wonderful team to work with and a very supportive community. Have had the opportunity to develop a Rural Clinical School and educational opportunities for staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern NSW Local Health District. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Southern NSW Local Health District with

Southern NSW Local Health District Reviews by Location

• Southern NSW Local Health District
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?