Specsavers Employee Reviews

Fantastic place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  GPO arcade, Dublin29 August 2018
Loved my team and workplace and would definitely work for them again! Learned so much working here and made me want to go further in working in optics!
Great environment to work
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW2 June 2018
Good place to work if you like working with the public. good opportunities for advancement if you want but no pressure to do so. Hours can be flexible however pay is quite poor for the amount of work required.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
poor pay
Great educational company
Optical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 May 2018
Each and every specsavers employee I have ever met have been kind, genuine people. This includes the store manager, the optom and even the customer experience is nice.
highly energised workplace always something to do lots of training
Optical Assistant (Current Employee) –  sydney n.s.w8 March 2018
As a company great training is provided and lots to learn.
small stores can be clicky and not much in the way of conflict resolution in my experience.
Pros
job training
Cons
no work life balance
best team in australia
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  australia29 January 2018
worked at specsavers in australia for close to 4 years and loved my team. never a dull day and always busy. more to the job than originally thought and plenty of opportunity to learn and grow with the business
The best team
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leichhardt NSW18 October 2017
I had the pleasure to work with this team and they are simply amazing. Missing all the staff members so much. Always ready to help and support you. Communicating with the managers is always easy and they will make you feel comfortable every single time you express a concern. Simply great!
Pros
support, friendly, career advancement, flexible hours
Cons
Busy, but always learning something new
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuggeranong ACT29 May 2017
A typical day is arriving customers for their appointments, pretesting patients before eye test, dispensing glasses. I have learned about different health funds, contact lenses, different lenses for glasses and lens coatings. Everyone was very nice. The hardest part of the job is trying to work out what the customer's problem is when they can't see out of their glasses. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping to choose frames.
Pros
discounted glasses
Amazing
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia23 May 2017
Working at Specsavers was the most amazing job I have had so far. the most enjoyable part of the job was the amazing team mates that I had surrounding and encouraging me.
good place to work
store person (Current Employee) –  Port Melbourne VIC18 May 2017
good place to work
easy to work
nice management
good team leader
nice environment
provide all basic amenities
recreation stuff is available for break hours
employee satisfaction
Productive workplace
Optical Assistant Level (Former Employee) –  Rockdale NSW20 April 2017
Usualy the job starts at 9am until 6pm. I warked as optical assistant,
assist in the operation of the store to achieve sales targets and
profitability through the effective dispensing of single vision lenses, the sale and promotion lenses and the delivery of excellent customer service.
Answer telephone calls.Work closely with optometrists.Customer pre-testing. Correctly transpose prescriptions and calculate prescriptions. Operate a variety of generic till transactions, e.g. Purchase, taking a deposit, paying the balance at collection, health fund covers etc.
In that shopp relationship between the employees wasn`t very good. I liked to work with the costoumers.
Pros
good coustomers and care about them
Cons
relationship between employees
Fun and productive environment
Optical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Casula Mall NSW28 February 2017
All employees are outgoing and easy to get along with. It is a fun and loving environment. Working here has been a great first excuse experience for a job especially starting at 15. They are all accepting and welcoming.
Pros
Close to home and employees are welcoming
Cons
Hard to get good hours due to school
Make it out to be something its not.
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunbury VIC20 December 2016
Have a lot of respect for that place but people just walk all over each other and the boss never listens to what you say only the manager, nothing you say is ever confidential. busy environment and staff get bombarded with work and doesn't get shared around.
Pros
free breakfast on friday at the meetings
Cons
long hours, people always talking about one another
Enjoyable
Optical Dispenser and Contact Lens Associate (Current Employee) –  Ballina NSW22 June 2016
A day at Ballina Specsavers goes smooth and quick. The fast paced environment keeps you moving and busy, the team all get along well and help support each other. The hardest part of the day is to have a moment to sit down and enjoy a warm cup of coffee.
Excellent place to work and develop professionalism
Sub-contractor (Former Employee) –  Port Melbourne VIC30 May 2016
My role was more about maintenance and arrangements of facilities but I had wonderful exposure to the management and customer service. They treat every worker as a single family, sometime ego problem so prevail within the family and that was the hardest part of the job. However, management was so supportive and I could finish my postgraduate studies relatively comfortably because of the help I got in work-life balance while I was working there.
Pros
Onsite parking, free tea and coffee
Cons
Low pay
Excellent experience in a new field of work
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rundle Mall SA22 May 2016
Specsavers was a great organisation that were professional and team focussed. I enjoyed my time at Specsavers and would recommend them to any budding professional salesperson.
Pros
Professionalism and team bonding
Cons
There were no notable cons.
Fun and Challaging workplace in eye care industry
Finance Transactional Officer (Former Employee) –  Australia28 March 2016
Very diverse workplace in which I looked after multiply finance tasks, I managed to excel and provide our stores with exceptional financial information and produce quality reports. Management where of a professional standards and the office vibe was fairly young cool and vibrant.
Pros
Workplace, cool industry, exciting challanges
Cons
non to mention
Friendly team
Optical assistant (Current Employee) –  Chermside, QLD26 June 2015
I have worked at Specsavers Chermside for over 1yr and a half, A typical day at work would include a morning team meeting before we open, then we are allocated job titles for the day. I have learnt many things about Optical services whilst working here, and also about administration type work and among many other skills. Management is okay, but not desirable as there are three directors, that can be unapproachable most of the time...

My co-workers are a joy to be around, some more than others - as we all have a bit of favouritism when it comes to friends in the workplace.

The hardest part of my job would have to be the typical one: dealing with rude and mean customers, more often then not however, they are left in a better mood as I tried to maintain and uphold customer service to the best of my ability.

The most enjoyable part of the job, would definitely have to be the free coffee's if we hit a certain target for that day.
Pros
Free coffee - Sometimes
Cons
Not enough hours, and pay
Specsavers gives you lots of courses to learn about products and pays for you to go to them.
Optical Dispenser, Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW24 June 2015
Each store is individually run, and the clientele changes with each neighborhood. The company offers a lot of education and pays for most of it. There is encouragement within the company to excel and become a partner. You can get as much as you give.
Pros
Education of products.
Cons
Pay scale can be a bit low for Adults using this as a primary job.
Productive work place, good people
Service Desk Analyst - Knowledge Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Melbourne15 April 2015
Fun work environment, with plenty of challenges and room to grow and move. Lots of opportunity to make changes and a difference. Good people culture
Pros
People and Culture
Cons
Pay structure
Worked with some great staff, loved the busyness and service I was able to deliver.
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Indooroopilly, QLD14 January 2015
High volume retail is a whole other ball game compared to normal retail outlets. We had structure and a timeline to do our tasks in. We delivered exemplary customer support in a busy environment. Ensuring each customer and patient that entered our practice was given equal attendance and support. Putting a smile in your voice with each phone call and a smile on your face with each new customer from open to close was more challenging some days than others but rewarding as I knew that each person felt valued and that's what I look for when I'm on the receiving end of services. I had a great team that worked with me. I worked hard and took pride in what I did. I was there from day one and treated the practice like it was my own and represented it and conducted myself as such.
Pros
Great job satisfaction
Cons
Any job has ups & downs. Busy seasons tested staff endurance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Specsavers. Our community is ready to answer.