Specsavers Employee Reviews

Boring
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC8 April 2019
Unless you wear glasses probably not the best place to work. Expected to know more than is taught, with no help from other staff members or management regarding instore training...basicaly your on your own.
Pros
Cheap glasses if you need/wear them otherwise, theres no benefits of working here
Cons
Inconsistant hours per week, rostered hour fluctuate dramaticaly
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist/ Optical assissant (Current Employee) –  Bateau Bay NSW27 March 2019
A typically day at supersavers starts at 830 getting set up for the day is turning all the machines on, ensuring that everything stocked up ready for the day. We conduct around 30 tests a day and have to arrive, pretest and triage every patient before they see the optometrist. Ive learnt how to work in a team.
productive and rewarding
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  canberra, act30 January 2019
A great place to work with friendly people, the datys were always busy and the office was energetic. Co workers were always willing to help each other out
Pros
always learning
Cons
very busy shop
Productive and fun workplace
Optical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Success WA23 January 2019
Everyone is like a giant family, always looking out for one another and everyone is very, very friendly. Everyone always gets the required work done and it is a very productive workplace.
great people to work with
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  canberra, act, australia10 January 2019
This was a lovely place to work for, i would love to continue but it is not in canada yet. i think it would be a great opportunity for Canada if specsavers decided to come here.
Pros
great managers
Fantastic place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  GPO arcade, Dublin29 August 2018
Loved my team and workplace and would definitely work for them again! Learned so much working here and made me want to go further in working in optics!
great place to work
Customer Service, and sales (Former Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLD28 August 2018
Great place to work with a good computer system. the policies of the business model are good.

The staff are given opportunities to advance and learn
Pros
stable income
Cons
fast service sometimes means compromising quality
Great environment to work
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW2 June 2018
Good place to work if you like working with the public. good opportunities for advancement if you want but no pressure to do so. Hours can be flexible however pay is quite poor for the amount of work required.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
poor pay
Great educational company
Optical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 May 2018
Each and every specsavers employee I have ever met have been kind, genuine people. This includes the store manager, the optom and even the customer experience is nice.
highly energised workplace always something to do lots of training
Optical Assistant (Current Employee) –  sydney n.s.w8 March 2018
As a company great training is provided and lots to learn.
small stores can be clicky and not much in the way of conflict resolution in my experience.
Pros
job training
Cons
no work life balance
best team in australia
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  australia29 January 2018
worked at specsavers in australia for close to 4 years and loved my team. never a dull day and always busy. more to the job than originally thought and plenty of opportunity to learn and grow with the business
The best team
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leichhardt NSW18 October 2017
I had the pleasure to work with this team and they are simply amazing. Missing all the staff members so much. Always ready to help and support you. Communicating with the managers is always easy and they will make you feel comfortable every single time you express a concern. Simply great!
Pros
support, friendly, career advancement, flexible hours
Great Friendly workplace
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD9 August 2017
They are very good to work for, training provided and always able to up-skill in some way. The pay and hours are always great. the business is always busy so there is little time to get bored.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard to get full time
This role gives me the opportunity to serve customers face-to-face with patients in friendly manner, promptly attend to every customers need.
Optical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills NSW20 June 2017
It encourages me to multitask, Efficiently making follow-up appointment, bookings & ensuring the customer walks away with the best service & retail experience possible.
Being a Optical Assistant also requires me to keeps up-to-date with product fashions the best part of the job (frames, sunglasses, contact lens and accessories) that assist to meet patient requirements.This product knowledge gives me the ability up-sell & close sales of frames, sunglasses and other optical products to patients.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Make sure every customer gets a great experience when they come into store.
- Listening to what customer wants, explaining our offers, products, and dispensing lenses.
- Abiding by Healthcare guidelines giving good, clear advice and make a positive impression, with a polite and professional approach.
- Demonstrating natural customer care approach and always happy to help attitude.
The hardest part of the job
Reception / Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nowra NSW6 June 2017
The hardest part of the job was working in a fast paced environment, being thrown straight in the deep end into a job I had never done before without any support or training what so ever and getting in trouble off my managers for not doing my job to their level, although I wasn't trained properly or given any guidance by my superiors.
Pros
Annual Leave Days
Cons
Only have 1/7 days a week off
Busy, but always learning something new
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuggeranong ACT29 May 2017
A typical day is arriving customers for their appointments, pretesting patients before eye test, dispensing glasses. I have learned about different health funds, contact lenses, different lenses for glasses and lens coatings. Everyone was very nice. The hardest part of the job is trying to work out what the customer's problem is when they can't see out of their glasses. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping to choose frames.
Pros
discounted glasses
Amazing
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia23 May 2017
Working at Specsavers was the most amazing job I have had so far. the most enjoyable part of the job was the amazing team mates that I had surrounding and encouraging me.
good place to work
store person (Current Employee) –  Port Melbourne VIC18 May 2017
good place to work
easy to work
nice management
good team leader
nice environment
provide all basic amenities
recreation stuff is available for break hours
employee satisfaction
Productive workplace
Optical Assistant Level (Former Employee) –  Rockdale NSW20 April 2017
Usualy the job starts at 9am until 6pm. I warked as optical assistant,
assist in the operation of the store to achieve sales targets and
profitability through the effective dispensing of single vision lenses, the sale and promotion lenses and the delivery of excellent customer service.
Answer telephone calls.Work closely with optometrists.Customer pre-testing. Correctly transpose prescriptions and calculate prescriptions. Operate a variety of generic till transactions, e.g. Purchase, taking a deposit, paying the balance at collection, health fund covers etc.
In that shopp relationship between the employees wasn`t very good. I liked to work with the costoumers.
Pros
good coustomers and care about them
Cons
relationship between employees
The sausage factory of the optical world.
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belconnen ACT13 March 2017
When i began working at with specsavers i really enjoyed it. There was so much to learn and although it was a very high pressure workplace I thrived in the environment.
After working there for some time our team got more and more pressure from above to reach higher sales targets. It was no longer the business i had joined and now somewhat like a fast-food style service joint with a team full of cliques and poorly trained staff being taught how to make the most money out of people rather than how to help them and meet their personal requirements.
It seems that the business had lost touch of true customer service and did not care for the staff so long as they were getting the sales. You can tell a lot about a business when the attrition rate is so high.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Specsavers. Our community is ready to answer.