Specsavers Management reviews

Boring
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC8 April 2019
Unless you wear glasses probably not the best place to work. Expected to know more than is taught, with no help from other staff members or management regarding instore training...basicaly your on your own.
Pros
Cheap glasses if you need/wear them otherwise, theres no benefits of working here
Cons
Inconsistant hours per week, rostered hour fluctuate dramaticaly
good place to work
store person (Current Employee) –  Port Melbourne VIC18 May 2017
good place to work
easy to work
nice management
good team leader
nice environment
provide all basic amenities
recreation stuff is available for break hours
employee satisfaction
Excellent place to work and develop professionalism
Sub-contractor (Former Employee) –  Port Melbourne VIC30 May 2016
My role was more about maintenance and arrangements of facilities but I had wonderful exposure to the management and customer service. They treat every worker as a single family, sometime ego problem so prevail within the family and that was the hardest part of the job. However, management was so supportive and I could finish my postgraduate studies relatively comfortably because of the help I got in work-life balance while I was working there.
Pros
Onsite parking, free tea and coffee
Cons
Low pay
Fun and Challaging workplace in eye care industry
Finance Transactional Officer (Former Employee) –  Australia28 March 2016
Very diverse workplace in which I looked after multiply finance tasks, I managed to excel and provide our stores with exceptional financial information and produce quality reports. Management where of a professional standards and the office vibe was fairly young cool and vibrant.
Pros
Workplace, cool industry, exciting challanges
Cons
non to mention
Friendly team
Optical assistant (Current Employee) –  Chermside, QLD26 June 2015
I have worked at Specsavers Chermside for over 1yr and a half, A typical day at work would include a morning team meeting before we open, then we are allocated job titles for the day. I have learnt many things about Optical services whilst working here, and also about administration type work and among many other skills. Management is okay, but not desirable as there are three directors, that can be unapproachable most of the time...

My co-workers are a joy to be around, some more than others - as we all have a bit of favouritism when it comes to friends in the workplace.

The hardest part of my job would have to be the typical one: dealing with rude and mean customers, more often then not however, they are left in a better mood as I tried to maintain and uphold customer service to the best of my ability.

The most enjoyable part of the job, would definitely have to be the free coffee's if we hit a certain target for that day.
Pros
Free coffee - Sometimes
Cons
Not enough hours, and pay
Productive, fun, friendly and professional
Senior Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra15 January 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Specsavers. The work was both interesting and challenging and I really learned a lot during my time there.

A typical day for me included liaising with government organisations and clients, customer service, merchandising and general administration. My coworkers and management team were a pleasure to deal with. There was a fantastic team environment with a great support network and training opportunities.

The learning curve was a steep one and the first six months were quite challenging as the environment was so fast paced and there was a lot to learn and master but this all paid off in the end and made my time there really, really great.