Spectrum
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spectrum Culture reviews

Clear
3.1Work–Life Balance

Found 3,036 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,084 reviews

good place to work and I enjoyed working with the people. I enjoy the job title and duties of the RF engineer. The company has great benefits and the holiday parties are awesome.

Coworkers are wonderful, job itself is extremely stressful & draining

My supervisor and coworkers were wonderful. I enjoyed the culture at Spectrum, it felt very inclusive. There was a lot of support and encouragement from my team. Although at times it can feel like your constantly cleaning up other reps messes when taking calls due to customers being given the wrong information by other reps. Or customers just simply being told a problem was fixed when it never was. Now the actual job itself, absolutely horrible. There’s a reason there’s such a high turnover rate. You take back to back calls all day long regarding customers bills. It’s very fast paced and repetitive. Customers don’t call in because they’re happy, they call in because they are upset about their bill and don’t think they should have to pay as much as they do. Unless you have a lot of patience and a thick skin then this job will severely damage your mental health. It’s a very stressful and mentally/emotionally draining job. You have to deal with customers that are p*ssed off and yelling at you on a daily basis. I personally had to quit because it was triggering my depression and anxiety so badly that I was getting physically sick.

Pros

Supportive coworkers, secure building, free coffee, on-site food that you can buy in the cafeteria, great pay and benefits

Cons

Dealing with upset and yelling customers, repetitive, stressful and mentally draining, information is constantly changing

Outdated work environment

If you can stomach hoteling in cubicles, stuffy dress code, cutthroat competition, excessive waste in corporate spending passed on to the consumer, no privacy and total distrust, this place might be for you. Those who tolerate it can work up quickly, but for what? Fancy cars and offices with all-glass walls offering no privacy, fueling the culture of distrust.

Very friendly and cooperative, need to work on communicating between teams

Spectrum (Charter Communications LLC) is a fantastic work environment. My job is local IT for a call center. We are part of a larger team that supports the IT needs for call centers throughout the business. Even though we are a separate department, we work closely with call center management and other teams. The local job culture is fantastic. So is the support within the larger IT team. My one complaint is that as a company whose business is communications, there seems to be a lack of communication between the various groups, teams quite often. That said it's a great place to work.

Management-Supervisors Provide all the support

A few hick ups on I-9 info due to covid 19 State offices were at capacity, just needed one more day- but will return. Management/hiring great experience

Pros

They give you all the tools - You Can Make It Happen

Cons

HR Experience was not the Spectrum Charter Culture- Need to work on that muscle

Inclusive and great office culture

The Harlingen site is a great place to work, pay, benefits, and complimentary services are excellent. The office culture is fun, the job can get a bit stressful but the compensation more than makes up for it.

Pros

Great pay and amazing benefits

Great Benefits

I like working there need more of a remote schedule, I like the location and the people I worked with. The pay is awesome and the bonuses are very nice.

Its all in what you make it

Job was fun, training was awesome. Pay and benefits were great. However, the employees were some of the most disgusting people I have ever met and by that I mean spirit, morals and mindset.

Fun place to work

Great place to work have to be at your first job on Time company van great raining n starting pay free cable n great benifts, money is also great will recommend

Pros

Meet new people free cable

Cons

Numbers based

Can be very stressful. Very high turn over rate.

I have been working for Spectrum for a little over a year now and this job is very stressful. We assist customers with billing questions and disputes. There is a very high turnover rate but pay is competitive.

Pros

VTO( voluntary time off) when it's slow

Cons

Very strict attendance policy

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spectrum?

Amazing company with great leadership.

The culture and the benefits are absolutely amazing. I had a boss that treated me with respect and was always there for support. It is hands down the best company i’’ve ever worked for.

Work culture could be better

The pay is fair, but the work culture is not a good one. Pay is not as important to me as other people. Having a good work environment is more important. Training program could also be better

Great company

Great company with great benefits. Everyone is helpful the teaching and training is wonderful. Training is a 6 week period but it’s well worth it. I love my job

Pros

Vendor days

Cons

Long lunch

Worst company I have ever worked for.

Hr and management will not be there for you. The company was toxic in my opinion. I left after 5 years of dedicated service due to poor policy changes and management. I have had to get mental health help to get back to work. They micromanage your every move and will blame you for things out of your control. I was successful and number one in all categories and they still were awful. Nothing you ever achieve will ever be good enough. The pay was good and benefits nice, but that’s about it. I worked 12 hour days 6 days a week as well. They have a time off policy where you only receive two days off together a month. Terrible culture and management and Human Resources.

Pros

Free cable

Cons

Management.

Fun place I love the people the work load is not bad to work good vibesThank you.

Really appreciate working theire. The people are great and the work atmosphere is Pleasant like a family. Very good place to work friendly bosses to

High risk high reward

Great place to work you have to push yourself depends on the team your on if you get treated well and you must have the motivation to hit metrics. They have decent pay and benefits

The base pay is below minimum wage, and the commission is lower than other companies. They make new people work week days and weekends

They are basically going to work you until you drop. They are not competitive in pay and they micromanage you. There are better opportunities else where.

Nice Place to Work

Nice place to work. Company provided nice perks...free internet/cable. Day in the life training was nice. Supervisors care about your success and goals.

Great Job to have

There is so many with in the company who are always willing to help you along your journey at the company! Being coachable and the desire to learn allows for you to be successful and your able to move up in positions! This is a team player work environment to if you feel you cannot be a team player then this job is not for you! I enjoy my team I am on as well as the helpfulness of my supervisor and the team leads they each are always willing to help you which means alot in the working field in today's world! We never stop learning here!

good benefits and perks

Good work dealing with customers can be a challenge . Daily Metrics can be hard. Management was relay good, helpful and always there to help. Got paid decent, room to be promoted.

Need to work on Competitive Pay

Pay is not where it should be with the work given. Management will work with you on time off. Overall good company. Really needs to work on the competitive pay scale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Spectrum