Spectrum
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spectrum Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.1Work–Life Balance
3.7Pay & Benefits

Found 6,589 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,084 reviews

Great Colleagues

I had a great experience at Charter/Spectrum - excellent supervisor, colleagues and I enjoyed the work as well. Compensation was fair and work life balance was respected and therefore I was happy to pitch in at crunch time when more hours were needed. Good benefits as well.

Official response from Spectrum

16 April 2020
Thank you for your review! We are pleased Spectrum left you with a lasting positive impression.

Coworkers are wonderful, job itself is extremely stressful & draining

My supervisor and coworkers were wonderful. I enjoyed the culture at Spectrum, it felt very inclusive. There was a lot of support and encouragement from my team. Although at times it can feel like your constantly cleaning up other reps messes when taking calls due to customers being given the wrong information by other reps. Or customers just simply being told a problem was fixed when it never was. Now the actual job itself, absolutely horrible. There’s a reason there’s such a high turnover rate. You take back to back calls all day long regarding customers bills. It’s very fast paced and repetitive. Customers don’t call in because they’re happy, they call in because they are upset about their bill and don’t think they should have to pay as much as they do. Unless you have a lot of patience and a thick skin then this job will severely damage your mental health. It’s a very stressful and mentally/emotionally draining job. You have to deal with customers that are p*ssed off and yelling at you on a daily basis. I personally had to quit because it was triggering my depression and anxiety so badly that I was getting physically sick.

Pros

Supportive coworkers, secure building, free coffee, on-site food that you can buy in the cafeteria, great pay and benefits

Cons

Dealing with upset and yelling customers, repetitive, stressful and mentally draining, information is constantly changing

Good overall place to work. Short notice mandatory overtime. Never know if you’ll be off on time or get off early. Good benefits and a lot of opportunities to advance.

It was ok

Pros: good pay, benefits, PTO, job security, provided free spectrum service, get recognized for good work and put in drawings, win bonuses or paid tripsCons: the way the inbound callers talk to you, management is sometimey, accumulation of earning time off, Call adherents must be perfect or you get coaching, must follow script to the T, job security

No Work-life balance and stressful

Spectrum is ok if you need something full-time and a stable income for a moment just to save. I don't suggest staying long term. There isn't much to grow into and even if you do you will most likely be doing the same thing, taking 60 endless calls a day back-to-back with the exception of a few "perks" unless you move on to HR. ZERO work life balance though benefits are gracious. standard two days off a week but very schedule offers no flexibility. So, if you have classes to attend or a family or just like using your money u actually earn to enjoy your life this isn't the place. 1pm - 10pm only for starting employee with only two weekdaysoff.High stress workplace with too many metrics to meet. But coworkers, leads, and some managers are very nice, friendly, and will make you feel welcome. Very diverse as well! My advice to management would be to increase pay and offer more flexibility in schedules.

Corporate America but great opportunity

This was a great job overall. Challenging, forgiving, but constant improvement required! Wonderful benefits and a secure job if you are a rule follower especially like I am. I learned a lot. I made good money and really enjoyed the benefits also. I made some great friends but because you work together it can be intense if you don't get along. Very restricting at times, structured and intense with the constant sales pressure. I loved the challenges and winning them! I'd go back still and work for another 6 years but they won't take me back now.

Pros

Free cable services! Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Intense sales pressure tactics, and very structured.

Inclusive and great office culture

The Harlingen site is a great place to work, pay, benefits, and complimentary services are excellent. The office culture is fun, the job can get a bit stressful but the compensation more than makes up for it.

Pros

Great pay and amazing benefits

Great Benefits

I like working there need more of a remote schedule, I like the location and the people I worked with. The pay is awesome and the bonuses are very nice.

Its all in what you make it

Job was fun, training was awesome. Pay and benefits were great. However, the employees were some of the most disgusting people I have ever met and by that I mean spirit, morals and mindset.

I wouldn’t recommend it

I worked there for maybe a month & could see it was a massive waste of time. Everyone hates the company that you will speak with, the recruiters will tell you white lies to get you hired. Example, you get a sign on bonus, but then they tell you if you quit within a year or get fired you have to pay it back in full (even if they tax it). 401k only stays if you are there for more than three years. You have to jump through 15 hoops to get something installed, if you don’t do it fast enough someone else will sell it internally. This is a last option job don’t do it

Pros

Base, medical, paid training

Cons

They do not try to keep customers

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spectrum?

Toxic Environment

Company pays good, and it has great employee benefits, but it’s not worth my sanity! Too much favoritism and not a lot of help from management. Just another call center job.

Benefits

Pros:Benefits are really good Management is hit or missCons:meeting numbers can be extremely difficult Getting time off is hardExtremely stressful job

Fair pay bad management

If you out in the time and work you can make decent money. They promise you six figures but it takes a lot of sales and time to hit it. Micro management to thr fullest

Nice coworkers but the job itself is trash

You go through 3 months training then you are on the floor. The job isn’t completely horrible if you’re a shark. You’ll definitely make good money. Your job is to save customers for removing a line of business or disconnecting service.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Inadequate pay

Fun place to work

Great place to work have to be at your first job on Time company van great raining n starting pay free cable n great benifts, money is also great will recommend

Pros

Meet new people free cable

Cons

Numbers based

Good workplace

Excellent workplace, the actual center is in perfect shape, looks brand new after being open already for about 5 years. The job itself can be somewhat stressful and even overwhelming at times, but the pay and benefits more than make up for it. The only con I see is that advancement is not as fast as promised during hiring process, but its a non issue if you're willing to put in the time.

Can be very stressful. Very high turn over rate.

I have been working for Spectrum for a little over a year now and this job is very stressful. We assist customers with billing questions and disputes. There is a very high turnover rate but pay is competitive.

Pros

VTO( voluntary time off) when it's slow

Cons

Very strict attendance policy

Great company bad manager

I loved working here u til management changed 6 months in. HR will play favorites with management as they please. I love the company just the Hawaii direct sales manager is awful, go to the stores.

Pros

Pay, benefits

great benefits

must be self motivated. flexible hours hard quotas big turnover from sales all the way up to the top great health dental vision insurane short term and long term dis.

Terrible company

They are rude and extremely micromanagement to the most petty things. They are hypocritical to what they want and expect and treat you like children. The pay is NOT worth what you have to go through not only with customers but management and co workers.

Benefits

Cons

Micromanage, petty, rude

Great

Awesome great perks good people amazing atmosphere Benefits outside work lunch gas reimbursement and free cable and Wi-Fi services included along with sign on bonus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Spectrum