Spend-less Shoes Employee Reviews

horrid
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD8 December 2018
you have to buy the shoes to wear them as part of your uniform, you have to buy your own uniforms that can only be black and white clothes. customers will complaint about ANYTHING you said.
Pros
nothing
Cons
horrible place
Terrible Area Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miranda NSW22 November 2018
Area Manager in NSW, is the worse. Stuck up. Doesn't care about staff. Would not advise anyone to work for this company, while she is employed.

Life at work is bullying and harassment No toilet breaks. .
Terrible company to work for
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne South East VIC24 October 2018
The worst company I have ever worked for. They don’t care about their staff, only interested in making money. Selling their shoes is an embarrassment, cheap and nasty, they are a disgrace, endless returns and complaints. They force you to sell their add on’s Eg socks, cleaning products which are also cheap and nasty. The only bonus working there are the girls that I work with. Upper management are nasty bullies if you complain about them you will loose your job. During my time with this company I have seen so many terrible things happening to co workers also other stores, the way they treat their staff. You are made to work on your own for long hours with no toilet break.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Cheap & nasty shoes
Great environment to work in, simple procedures and awesome opportunities to meet people
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Success WA15 October 2018
During the time that I worked at Spendless Shoes, I thoroughly enjoyed working there. It provided opportunities to talk to lots of different people, I was surrounded by shoes which I love and I felt really comfortable doing shifts on my own.
Pros
All the nice shoes that I was able to get discounts on!
Very good!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 October 2018
Such a positive vibe and helpful managers who always want to see you improve, for casuals its very good to pick up extra shifts where needed and reduce when required with no stress.
Pros
staff discounts, friendly team, promotions, monthly winners
Amazing workplace - great management
Manager (Current Employee) –  South Australia27 September 2018
Spendless shoes is a fantastic company to work for. They have amazing values that create such a positive and fun environment to work in. upper management are so supportive and always available when needed. Team members are fun, loving and caring. Pay is great and we even receive bonuses for achieving budgets. I have worked for many other retail company's and will happily say spendless are the best.
Pros
Discount, bonuses, fun environment, support from management.
Cons
None. Great workplace.
Worst Company ever
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA17 September 2018
Workplace bulling is a massive issue in this company. Sadly I am still working for this company till this day but I can't wait to leave. Do yourself a favour and don't apply to work for this company it will be the biggest mistake of your life. I already regret my decision.
Pros
Nothing was good
Cons
Everything about this company is a joke
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA15 September 2018
Staff are lovely no matter what store you work at. Very friendly and safe place to work. Make so many new friendships and rostering is regular. So many nice shoes!! Discounts xx
Pros
30% off shoes
Cons
min 3 hour shifts (May be regular)
Loved my time at Spendless
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW26 August 2018
I loved my job at Spendless. I always felt supported from my support manager and other nearby managers. I have had so many opportunities for growth and learnt so many amazing skills.
It’s a fun job with lots of great perks and I really am sad to leave.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Can’t think of anything.
Worst job I’ve had
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD21 August 2018
Was a horrible place to work for. Management was awful and upper management never did anything to help when you needed support. Expected to work even when sick, no toilet breaks, never allowed any time off on weekends
Pros
Discount
Cons
No toilet breaks, benefits or weekends
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Australia2 July 2018
My time at Spendless Shoes was thankfully short-lived. I was made to feel like I was stupid and incapable yet their system of sorting and storing the shoes is extremely unprofessional and even quite dangerous. Upper management were blatantly rude and tried to intimidate you when they came in. One time my manager took holiday leave and I was left in charge for the week yet she did not roster anyone for the midday shift on one particular day, as I was new to the company and did not know who to call, I called the area manager to ask what to do. She yelled at me on the phone and acted as though I was wasting her time. I thought upper management was meant to assist employees if they needed help?
I’d often be asked to work the Sunday all day shift without a lunch break or toilet break. The manager would be upset if you did not have time to replenish stock and tidy the store even though you were working alone and had to focus on serving customers.
At one stage I applied for the second-in-charge position and they took months to get back to me. They eventually gave me the position but I did not at all feel valued or that they believed I was capable. In fact the manager treated me like I was still a trainee and constantly micro managed me.
Their one purpose is to make money and they do not care about their employees wellbeing. Glad I don’t work here anymore!!!!
Pros
This place gives you thick skin
Cons
Everything listed above
Great autonomous role
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tuggeranong ACT28 May 2018
Spendless is a great company if you like to work on your own and you have alot of self motivation it is a brilliant company and treats their employees well.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
No toilet breaks
Upper Management sucks.
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miranda NSW25 May 2018
Loved my team in my own store. When ever upper management came in they would apply mass amounts of pressure to people who are only working as casuals. If one thing was wrong or you made one mistake they would act like its the end of the world. Would not recommend working here.
Cons
Alot of pressure and stress, Crazy hours
Good place to work as location and customer revenue is amazing.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC22 May 2018
The company is great, the management and team members however are a bit harsh and the expectations from management exceeds the pay you are given. Shifts are not always given.
Pros
nothing
Cons
not so great team and management
Not a good culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Illawarra NSW21 May 2018
Staff are often subject to a tirade of abuse, endless hours on your own without being able to take a toilet break and being humiliated if you don't dress up to the state managers own style.
Unfortunately they get sales results and therefore the head office is more then willing to turn a blind eye
Pros
Being able to resign
Cons
There is nothing good about this company
Love my job and our team.
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sale VIC9 April 2018
Main task of the job is serving customers and keeping them happy, in addition to keeping the store in order and nice an tidy.
I'm extremely fortunate to say the team I work with get along really well and we always come together to reach our task and goals.
Most difficult part of the position is probably reaching KPI's due to working in one of the smaller stores it can be little tricky sometimes, but gives me something to strive for and a chance to be creative with job.

Overall I'd rate the Spendless Life 4 out of 5 stars.
Pros
Good Pay Rates, Great Team, 30% off Store Wide
Cons
Occasionally Schedule
treats employees really well
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW21 March 2018
A pretty amazing company to work for, constantly aiming to keep employee morale up. good incentives and wages. opportunities to pick up shifts at other locations if you wish.
The shifts for casuals are typically on the shorter side which can be a plus or a negative depending on your situation.
It might take a little time to get used to some of the procedures and to replacing pretty much every shoe that you sell but its not too bad.
You're highly encouraged to try and sell add on's
You tend to work alone quite a bit but that can also be a plus or negative depending on who you are.

like every other retail job you might get a horrible customer or 2 but it's been a pretty rare occurrence.
Pros
excellent job culture and communication (even between other stores, IT and HQ). Good wages, discounts and even Christmas gifts
Cons
Some locations get quite busy which can be a little stressful if your the only one on.
Great workplace
2IC (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW17 February 2018
Excellent workplace understanding staff and management I quit with notice due to having my daughter I would tho recommend working here to anyone who ask about the job
Not the best place to work
Causal (Current Employee) –  Queensland17 January 2018
I'm a casual, we're made to pretty much fight for hours against each other as they get handed to 'who deserves it'. So if i made a little mistake the other casual will get the hours handed to them instead. If we dont sell enough VAPS (things like waterproof spray, shoelaces etc) the main spendless managers will send out emails shaming the stores who dont make enough money or who doesnt sell enough vaps but giving praise to the stores who do well. (they don't go easy on rural stores and expect them to compete against places like brisbane). when you're on your own you cannot have a toilet break and are often alone, i DO NOT think that employees should be alone during late night shifts. Spendless are money hungry who do not care about their employees, they may say they do but they don't.
Pros
get 30% off shoes
Cons
If you don't make money they treat you poorly
Worst place to work
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW2 January 2018
Worst job I have ever had was the worst company to work for. Higher management are bullies who do nothing to help or support stores or employees and are never around or contactable when you need them. Hours were ridiculous often getting only 3 hour shifts per week but still expected to reach huge budgets in such little time. Always working alone even on late night shopping so you can't take a toilet break.
Pros
Cons
No toilet breaks, always working alone, poor wages, bullied by higher management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spend-less Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.