Spend-less Shoes Employee Reviews

Used to be good, now I’m barely surviving..
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Australia13 May 2019
Upper management needs to stop mucking around, stop having favourites and being rude and disrespectful to casuals.
Stop humiliating and intimidating your staff members and setting such unrealistic targets.
Work is meant to be fun, we are meant to be “fearlessly fun” but honestly this company is the opposite.
I show up in fear to every shift that I could just be fired for one small slip up or not doing something exactly they way they would have, even though we never see you and you never talk to us, except your favourites from each store.
Cons
Literally the worst place to work.
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Tasmania10 April 2019
Fun and fast paced
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT6 April 2019
I love my work at Spend-less shoes. I've worked as a casual and as a store manager. As a casual picking up hours at stores around the area and enjoyed the diversity of clients and change of view. The atmosphere is always fun and the people I work with are the sweetest and most encouraging I've met no matter which location I was at. The dress up days are a blast and the rewards for your participation is nice. But I really love the pace and development that you get as an employee.
Pros
Advancement and development
Cons
Casual hours can be low at times
Spendless has lost its value
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nsw4 April 2019
I’ve worked for this company for a very long time. 18months ago I could have written a great review. This company is sucking the fun out of my work.
I cringe when my SSM calls because it’s usually to tell me what I am doing wrong. No I’m not a perfect SM but I work hard and reliable. I run a successful store. But to have her call/visit me and pick at every minor thing and make and issue out of it. Belittling me in front of my 2ic makes me want to throw the towel in . A couple of times fair enough but when I can only recall two times somthing positive has been said about my work and my store, you got to think how does that affect ones outlook on their work.
I’m all about criticism but make it constructive. My spirits are crushed with company, I hope things change before you lose a good employee
Pros
Bonus
Cons
the way SSM approach you
Spendless is a fun workplace who are passionate about their customers
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA3 April 2019
Spendless has been a great place to work for! I have learnt many valuable things on the job that have prepared me for career development within the company, and have been given a lot of support from my coworkers.

My team have been the friendliest and relatable people I've met in a workplace, which makes communication even easier.

We always have heaps of themed store days, activities and engagement through emails about what other stores are up to across the nation, which is really cool to see. As well as yearly get togethers for each state where we dress up and have dinner while we view the new season range

With any workplace, Spendless have a high expectation of you to work hard and do your best - but that should be expected anywhere. You always come in knowing you have a responsibility and to get it done. It's good leaving at the end of each day knowing you achieved something and are helping a family owned business achieve their goals.
Pros
Opportunity for career advancement, the shoes, meeting incredible people
Cons
A fun company to work for!
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA3 April 2019
Spendless Shoes provides a fun and rewarding work environment to their employees. Everyone cares for and respects each other. They have a friendly team environment where everyone is encouraged to do their best. The company values are radiated throughout all aspects of the business everyday and you are instantly accepted into the Spendless 'family'
Best work culture!
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA2 April 2019
I have been working at Spendless for a few months, and everyone has been beyond welcoming! The culture is very supportive and is all about working as a team to provide the best customer service possible. It can be quite fast paced, especially during sales, so you have to learn to communicate properly to your team and stay organised.
Pros
great work culture, supportive, flexible hours, staff discount
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Queensland2 April 2019
A company that is all about their people!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  NSW31 March 2019
Spendless have gone above and beyond to cater to my needs and very considerate when it comes to work/life balance especially when it comes to Family. I honestly can not fault this company, so supportive and caring. SSM's communicate openly and are always helping to achieve personal goals.

The move to Spendless shoes has been the best decision I've made.
Pros
Great support, fun working environment
Perfect place for crazy passionate retailers
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Armidale NSW30 March 2019
Honestly the most fun and supportive retail company I have ever worked for. Fun theme days and you really get to know people from other stores through emails. Celebrate every single positive sale and day, encouraged to tell other stores about amazing customer connections. Every store has its own challenges and it’s hard work but I absolutely love it.
Pros
Fun attitude is encouraged
Cons
Different challenges for every store
Fun friendly environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cranbourne VIC28 March 2019
I have worked for the company for 20 years and am very dedicated and loyal to my job. Fantastic company to work for. Very supportive and friendly. I enjoy coming to work everyday. It can be challenging but hard work pays off. Always am acknowledged for what achievements are made and absolutely love my team.
Pros
Friendly, vouchers, prizes, fun and challenging
Horrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairns27 March 2019
They have area managers that seem to be on a constant power trip !! They don't listen or offer the required training to managers, have rediculous kpi expectations and you actually get yelled at if you don't meet there targets ! Not nice at all !
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
store manager (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD26 March 2019
Great place to work!
Part-time work (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA25 March 2019
Absolutely love working for Spendless Shoes! They're super accommodating with work hours if you're studying and there's always opportunities for promotions and stuff like that. It can be pretty fast-paced when you're working in the store, but you're definitely never bored! Plus the work environment is awesome!
Pros
Nice team members, decent hours
Cons
Lots of customers
Productive and Fun Workplace
eCommerce Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Gillman, SA25 March 2019
I've enjoyed working for Spendless for the last 10 years. There have been plenty of opportunities for career growth and learning. The management have always been there to listen and help you as much as you need. The environment is fun and relaxed and there are always lots of events and games happening to help you get to know everyone.
Pros
Flexible working hours, discounts & interactive office games
Terrible company... Never work here!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC27 January 2019
Aweful complang to work for! I was 2IC for 7 months thank goodness I left when I did! The area managers were not helpful at all! And extremly high staff turnover particuarly with area managers! As well as casual staff being constantly understaffed at our store meaning I was working almost 30 days consistently with no day off! And when they finally hired a second casual she didn’t want to do anything! Or even show innitiative and only whinged about the system! And didn’t want to work Sundays considering that’s the days they hire casuals for! They hire quick fixes and not actually people who can do the job! And whats worse is they originally wanted this casual to be a 2IC for the store! Goodluck to them!!! The only good thing was the first manager I had who they then transferred to another store!
Pros
Cons
Everything I wrote
Fun friendly and loving
Griffith, Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Griffith NSW27 January 2019
The team at spendless were amazing and really do become your best friends.

Customers first
Shoes second
Learn your shoes and their places
Be nice and you will fit in
Pros
You get discounted shoes
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun, fast paced with great teams!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD14 January 2019
Fast paced environment whilst still being able to provide customer service is a typical work day. Great workout managing and selling stock. The teams are great it is nice to have a laugh and feel supported! The company and management lives by there values. Able to progress within company I went from casual to store manager with support and guidance from senior management, also allowed me to balance previous commitments with an income. The hardest part of the job can be the occasional high volume of stock to account with.
Pros
Teams
Cons
Occasionally physically demanding
2iC (Former Employee) –  NSW North Coast NSW10 January 2019
Bad company
Casual (Current Employee) –  Ghaha9 January 2019
Management is terrible. You can never go to the toilet if you’re alone and sometimes that can be up to 5 hours. You get no team discount until after 3 months.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spend-less Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.