Spendless Shoes
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spendless Shoes Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate12 reviews
Australia12 reviews
Upper Management sucks.
Loved my team in my own store. When ever upper management came in they would apply mass amounts of pressure to people who are only working as casuals. If one thing was wrong or you made one mistake they would act like its the end of the world. Would not recommend working here.
Cons
Alot of pressure and stress, Crazy hours
Awful and abusive management
One of the worst places I have ever worked. Management was not trained and gossip was a huge part of staying in the good books. Expectations were absolutely ridiculous .
Awful place to work, upper management is terrible.
I loved working with the cutsomers i encountered in this job, however management in my stores were lasy, rude and imcompetent people. Upper management were over bearing and threatening, on ocasssion forcing other employees to tears. When I said I was going to start looking for other work, giving notice to try and save the company from being understaffed, I wasd fired via a phone call by upper management.
Pros
Customers were nice
Cons
Management was awful
A fun company to work for!
Spendless Shoes provides a fun and rewarding work environment to their employees. Everyone cares for and respects each other. They have a friendly team environment where everyone is encouraged to do their best. The company values are radiated throughout all aspects of the business everyday and you are instantly accepted into the Spendless 'family'
Fun friendly and loving
The team at spendless were amazing and really do become your best friends.

Customers first

Shoes second

Learn your shoes and their places

Be nice and you will fit in
Pros
You get discounted shoes
Cons
Not enough hours
horrid
you have to buy the shoes to wear them as part of your uniform, you have to buy your own uniforms that can only be black and white clothes. customers will complaint about ANYTHING you said.
Pros
nothing
Cons
horrible place
Good place to work as location and customer revenue is amazing.
The company is great, the management and team members however are a bit harsh and the expectations from management exceeds the pay you are given. Shifts are not always given.
Pros
nothing
Cons
not so great team and management
Excellent company to work for. Very happy with the work environment and work colleagues. Employees are valued and supported.
Thoroughly enjoy the work environment and my co-workers.

Have been very happy since starting work there in September 2014. I just wish there were more hours as I am hired on a casual basis.

I cannot fault the company as they treat their employees very well.

The best job I've had in private enterprise to date and with 35 years work experience in various positions and companies.
Pros
Excellent and highly motivational work environment. Management are fantastic.
Cons
Not enough hours
Such a great place to work, great team environment
Still to this day i have never had a better job than at Spend Less Shoes!!!! I wish i had not left after injuring my arm (out of work) but it was simply too difficult. I would go back in a flash!!
Pros
Surrounded by shoes all day
Cons
Surrounded by feet all day
Positive, productive and professional environment with friendly staff
I love working for Spendless Shoes, they are a great company who take care of their staff. The typical work day involves cash handling, conversing with customers and selling shoes. I have learned a lot about myself and skills involving teamwork and time management. I have also found that I have a massive weak spot for shoes.
productive and fun environment.
Spend-less Shoes is a great place to work, the atmosphere is fun and you get to see all the new shoes come in before anyone :)
Pros
discounts, the team.
Cons
no discount for 3 months, no toilet break when alone.