Spendless Shoes
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spendless Shoes Employee Reviews

Awesome company to work for
Had great opportunities to progress in the career within the company
Great benefits and flexible hours

Totally customer focused and face to face customer service.

Day to day daily routine if cash transactions and cash handling duties.

Tarak
Good place to work as location and customer revenue is amazing.
The company is great, the management and team members however are a bit harsh and the expectations from management exceeds the pay you are given. Shifts are not always given.
Pros
nothing
Cons
not so great team and management
Not a good culture
Staff are often subject to a tirade of abuse, endless hours on your own without being able to take a toilet break and being humiliated if you don't dress up to the state managers own style.
Unfortunately they get sales results and therefore the head office is more then willing to turn a blind eye
Pros
Being able to resign
Cons
There is nothing good about this company
Productive and fun
A typical day at work would be keeping shelves stocked and maintaining great personal customer service. The staff are great and the benefits are even better. Every day you meet new people and grow bonds with regulars.
Love my job and our team.
Main task of the job is serving customers and keeping them happy, in addition to keeping the store in order and nice an tidy.
I'm extremely fortunate to say the team I work with get along really well and we always come together to reach our task and goals.

Most difficult part of the position is probably reaching KPI's due to working in one of the smaller stores it can be little tricky sometimes, but gives me something to strive for and a chance to be creative with job.

Overall I'd rate the Spendless Life 4 out of 5 stars.
Pros
Good Pay Rates, Great Team, 30% off Store Wide
Cons
Occasionally Schedule
treats employees really well
A pretty amazing company to work for, constantly aiming to keep employee morale up. good incentives and wages. opportunities to pick up shifts at other locations if you wish.
The shifts for casuals are typically on the shorter side which can be a plus or a negative depending on your situation.

It might take a little time to get used to some of the procedures and to replacing pretty much every shoe that you sell but its not too bad.

You're highly encouraged to try and sell add on's

You tend to work alone quite a bit but that can also be a plus or negative depending on who you are.

like every other retail job you might get a horrible customer or 2 but it's been a pretty rare occurrence.
Pros
excellent job culture and communication (even between other stores, IT and HQ). Good wages, discounts and even Christmas gifts
Cons
Some locations get quite busy which can be a little stressful if your the only one on.
Great workplace
Excellent workplace understanding staff and management I quit with notice due to having my daughter I would tho recommend working here to anyone who ask about the job
Not the best place to work
I'm a casual, we're made to pretty much fight for hours against each other as they get handed to 'who deserves it'. So if i made a little mistake the other casual will get the hours handed to them instead. If we dont sell enough VAPS (things like waterproof spray, shoelaces etc) the main spendless managers will send out emails shaming the stores who dont make enough money or who doesnt sell enough vaps but giving praise to the stores who do well. (they don't go easy on rural stores and expect them to compete against places like brisbane). when you're on your own you cannot have a toilet break and are often alone, i DO NOT think that employees should be alone during late night shifts. Spendless are money hungry who do not care about their employees, they may say they do but they don't.
Pros
get 30% off shoes
Cons
If you don't make money they treat you poorly
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spendless Shoes?
Excellent company to work for. Very happy with the work environment and work colleagues. Employees are valued and supported.
Thoroughly enjoy the work environment and my co-workers.

Have been very happy since starting work there in September 2014. I just wish there were more hours as I am hired on a casual basis.

I cannot fault the company as they treat their employees very well.

The best job I've had in private enterprise to date and with 35 years work experience in various positions and companies.
Pros
Excellent and highly motivational work environment. Management are fantastic.
Cons
Not enough hours
Experience at spendless shoes
While working for spendless shoes I had great opportunities within my role as sale assistant; to further my career as I was shown the ropes and was trusted to work alone.
Pros
discounts
Cons
lack of hours
Easy going and fun
Improved my skills and experience with customer service, opening & closing shifts, re facing stock, restocking, rearranging specials tables, tidying up the store every afternoon
Pros
Awesome team members
Cons
Got let go due to many staff
Caring Loving Family
Being part of Spendless Shoes was the best. They value you as a person not a number. They are respectful and compassionate and go out of their way to assist when a problem arises. The management go out of their way to assist in any way they can and are always open and inviting.
Pros
Family enviroment.
Cons
There are none.
Such a great place to work, great team environment
Still to this day i have never had a better job than at Spend Less Shoes!!!! I wish i had not left after injuring my arm (out of work) but it was simply too difficult. I would go back in a flash!!
Pros
Surrounded by shoes all day
Cons
Surrounded by feet all day
A wonderful place to work with a great culture
A welcoming and inclusive support centre with a great culture. It's a pleasure to come to work every day when people enjoy what they do.

Management have always been willing to listen to any concerns you have and always pitch in if a job needs to be done (including answering phones/opening mail etc.). A good work/life balance is of the utmost importance to them.

You work hard but you are also rewarded with great salary and an amazing culture that includes games, raffles, birthday celebrations, holiday celebrations and bi-annual product presentations. A fantastic team culture is something they are always striving for. You are always thanked at the end of a difficult day and leave feeling appreciated and that you are making a difference.
Pros
Fantastic team culture, great salary, wonderful management.
Great Opportunities, Fun, Valued
I have worked for Spendless Shoes for many years and hopefully many more. They provide great training and opportunities to progress within the company for those that want to. The people are supportive and fun. Its a very fast paced working environment and I enjoy how much customer interaction is encouraged. Staff receive amazing incentives and recognition for what they do. My co-workers and management make me feel like a valued team member. A fantastic South Australian, Family Owned business to be a part of.
Perfect fit for me.
I've been with Spend-less shoes for just one year. I started as a casual, then I was promoted to 2 IC. This company has a saying or motto, something along the lines of Hire the Attitude, Train the Skills. It's great! I was nervous about my lack of computer skills when I started but it simply isn't a problem. Dare I say, I'm actually pretty good with technology now, all thanks to Spend-less.
My current Manager as well as my Regional Manager are very very quick with praise ( and prizes!) and professional and respectful in training.

It is a very physical job, which as a mature member of the workforce is a challenge, but it is very good for my fitness. I love it.

I totally recommend Spend-less an employer of choice for all ages.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers and Management, generous discounts
Cons
Theft and security, old store needs upgrade. .
Terrible
Unprofessional, insincere and passive agressive management. Alot of bullying and favouring between stores.
Disgusting stores-unless new, bad quality and uncomfortable shoes and unrealistic expectations placed on workers. Also be expected to work unsafely on the ladder and called slow if you actually follow health and safety guidelines. Over all terrible, stressful environment that is NOT worth the bad pay.
Pros
Discount on shoes that fall apart
Cons
everything.
I love working for this company
I cannot fault working for Spendless... I started my job as a 2ic, and after being offered advancement to manager twice, but turning it down due to family commitment, the position was altered with flexible hours to suit my needs.
There is always a window of opportunity to have fun on the job, and plenty of support and rewards along the way to encourage you to do your best!

The area managers put trust in us to run the stores, and once you prove yourself, you are given more opportunities to really take your store and run it!

Every 6months there is a new season showcase / awards night that always promises to be a fun filled eve! This night is always fancy dress and there are some amazing prizes for the awards! Most importantly the entire night is run for charity with donations collected on the night making for substantial contributions to a different charity each time.

The entire company & staff all the way up to the highest rung of the ladder are supporting and encouraging! It really does feel like a family run / owned company!!!!

Love it!
Pros
Plenty of encouragement, support & incentives
Cons
Retail is an unpredictable industry- but this company make it fun!
Awesome Retail Company
Good care of employees, work hard party harder, management is good and takes good care of employee things are pretty straight forward. Hard work but well paid off.
Pros
Opportunity to grow and learn
Cons
long hours alone
Vibrant and fun working environment
In my experience, Spendless Shoes provides consistent and ongoing support through all levels of employment and is consistently seeking to grow and encourage people to perform at the best of their abilities!!
Spendless is motivating, hugely supportive and extremely focused on the recognition of a 'job well done!!'

As well as that, encouragement to have FUN in the workplace is what I love most. Constantly something new is happening, such as dress ups & competitions!

Overall I can't fault Spendless as a place to work, and I would recommend it to all levels of employment as a great company to work for!!
Pros
Competitions, Fun, great opportunities for progression!