Spinal Life Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spinal Life Australia Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews
Lovely team culture and clients
Very humbling experience, good company culture and training.
Loved working with the clients I was assigned to and learning new skills which enabled me to further my career.
A very good workplace
The workplace and managers are very good at their jobs but as a support worker there is limited contact. Support workers work at clients houses and the work varies from client to client. The pay is good but the shifts are only in short slots so it is hard to get up to full time hours.
Home care
Nursing care based on the home care setting. one on one care with the patients including there households and personal hygiene. Helps increase understanding about disability and their mental health.
Spinal life australian is best Organization to work with
They are very flexible and understanding to workers and clients needs
They provide necessary training to the staff

They pride after hours service to all the staff
Compassionate Company, look after their staff and clients
Loved working for Spinal Life .. would recommend this workplace to anyone looking for work in this sector. They go above and beyond for their staff and clients. I worked there as a personal support worker for 3.5years
Wouldwork with again
I didnt have any problems with management or otherworkers. Most shift are about 2hrs. Kms between jobs paid for. Hardest bit is clients family members
Pros
the actual work
Cons
the shortlength of shifts
Great stepping stone to other support work roles
Very good culture, extremely organised when it comes to rostering and ensuring all shifts are filled. Client-centred with great empathy for the challenges PSWs face. Skills training provided yearly. Would suit a nursing student or similar. Lots of learning opportunities.

Supposed to have six-monthly meetings amongst care team but only had one in the eighteen months I worked there. Living in a less populated area meant there was not a huge number of clients so eventually I had to get a second job, and limited options also meant I had to tolerate abuse from certain clients. Eventually decided to work solely for a different organisation as it serviced a larger range of disabilities over a broader geographical area.
Pros
Penalty rates, organisation has its own psychologist, flexible hours (set your own availability)
Cons
Short shifts and my supervisor was very difficult to get hold of.
productive with caring attitude
This company does a great job of providing personal care for people with spinal cord injuries. The clients are their first priority, clients are not only supported with personal care but day to day living.
great people to work for
Love this company. They try their very best to solve any problems you may have. They are very strict on OH&S. Training is compulsory is keeps you up to date with everything happening, like new ways to do your work that may make it easier. They are up to date on all laws and will keep you informed of any changes
Pros
Travel allowance for multiple shifts
Cons
shifts can vary in time
productive and fulfilling work
assist clients with daily living activities, and provide help in domestic duties such as cleaning cooking and general household activities and community access services that the individual recquires. Ability to work well with others providing physical and personal support.
Pros
penalty rates and freedom or/and flexibility around family routine or needs.
Cons
shift work, irregular hours, on call
Great pay, difficult to work on own
I enjoy the money and some clients are very great to work with but some aren't, i find it challenging working by myself but i enjoy the work. The hours are great
Spinal is a great place to work
The team are very friendly and professional. Clients are lovely and happy with services provided. Team are very supportive of working families and maintaining a good work-life balance
Great experience
The job gave me great work experience in the field and some training to start. I enjoyed my time with them however the management of employees could improve.
Great place to work.
Beautiful and understanding staff. Work available if want it and very flexible workplace. Clients are understanding and helpful when directing tasks. Overall great company to work for.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short hours
Providing support for domestic and personal care for people in the community
Provide care or domestic services determined by a personalised care plan. Routine tasks, require time management skills, and work place health and safety requirements, including use of specialised equipment and skills training including no lift requirements, and safe work practices.
Pros
providing a service to assist clients, in domestic and personal support, in their own home.
Cons
broken shifts, in same day.
working in clients homes and not enough hours
looking for full time work. I'm a very happy person with dedication to any work role that I take on. I graduated as an EEN last year after feeling the passion to help people and educate myself more.
Pros
love the people interaction
Cons
not long enough shifts
My work is strickly private between the clients and the support worker such as myself in this role.

In a days work in my role at the moment is a personal support worker, duties include making meals for the client/ clients clean up around the clients home, helping in the bathroom and toilet if needed shopping for the clients food and taking the client to the doctors or appointments.
Great skills experience
Working in my current position has been a great learning experience, I have learnt many things since working within this position. I have learnt a vast deal on spinal injuries and have learnt many great skills as well, such as; bladder washouts, peg feeding, colostomy care, stoma site care, SPC care, trachea care, mouth suctioning, trachea catheter suctioning, passive exercising and chest physio. All of these skills now accompany the other skills that I have gained through uni and vocational placements.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
unstable and inconsistent hours
A challenging work environment with a cohesive workforce.
I enjoy the fact that I provide support to all our workers, both administrative and field workers alike.
Our Support Workers provide outstanding services to clients in sometimes very challenging circumstances.

I believe SLA are leaders in their field in provision of support to people with Spinal Cord Injury.

I work amongst a very supportive HR team.
Great colleagues and workplace
Work production is fast. I've learned to work with different programs, people and personalities. Management are approachable and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of success of a job well done and seeing friends daily.
Pros
ADO's, Toil, great friends, flexible work hours
Cons
Parking