Splunk Employee Reviews

Best job, worst manager
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anywhere14 May 2019
I honestly did not want to quit there even after winning multiple awards for sales and engineering . Splunk promotes people without feedback and creates an environment of that makes cliques and poor management an issue.
A good place to work,
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA26 April 2019
Splunk was a good place to work, although beyond its core mission it had problems focusing on which opportunities to pursue. There is no "typical day"; there are typical project cadences, which include planning up-front, then a development and testing cycle, and finally a deployment cycle.

The best part of the job is the people; I enjoyed working with a lot of very bright people, and Splunk had those in spades. On the other hand, if you weren't in the core team, you were never working on anything particularly deep or challenging.
Professional Services, Splunk Employee (Former Employee) –  Everywhere12 April 2019
Splunk is one of those magic moments in your life where you pinch yourself and ask am I really working here? Ask any Splunker or ex-Splunker. I know it sounds cool and all to work at Splunk, but it really is truly cool. Everyone it seems is on a mission. You won't love everyone, and it isn't sudden Nirvana, but it gets pretty close.
Relaxed Job, Great People
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA7 March 2019
As long as work got done, everyone was happy. My colleagues were passionate about their jobs and I learned a lot about the field as a result. The manager was relaxed and let me migrate to another office unless I was needed in meetings in order to shorten my morning commute. All around an amazing job and company that I would love to work at again in the future.
Pros
Salary, Culture
Cons
Long Drive
Amazing Company, Amazing Product
Consultant, Professional Services (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA5 March 2019
I had the opportunity to experience Splunk as both a customer and an employee. The products and the company is exceptional. I greatly enjoyed my time with the company.
Excellent company with great products and devoted customer following
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA2 November 2018
This is a great company with great people in overall. Employees are committed to do the best. Fast pace environment. Great CEO who is passionate about growing the business and willing to try new things and admitting mistakes done if any.
Pros
Free lunch and free breakfast once a week
Cons
Growing fast and becoming a typical corporate culture with lots of politics
Great Place to work
Service Desk Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA17 July 2018
Splunk is a great place to work with excellent leadership and an environment that is innovative. Splunk takes great care of their employees and creates a great work and home life balance.
Splunk Family First
NOC Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA11 July 2018
The Splunk family grows on you and before you know it you will have to remind yourself to go home. The office setting comfortable. Splunk provides training! If Data analytic Big Data is your career path you have found a home.
Pros
Splunkers are ninjas
Cons
Your not gonna want to go home
Amazing workplace
Project Manager/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA9 July 2018
Great place to work at. The environment is very friendly and affable, Professionalism meets innovation and creativity. Free meals, open workspaces, flexibility and amazing colleagues!
Support engineer (Former Employee) –  London19 June 2018
I really enjoyed my time in Splunk, great company to work for. The company offers free snacks, lunch and beers on Friday nights, great for team building. The office is also very cool.
Incredible place to Work and Great leadership
Chief Evangelist/CTO Office (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO22 February 2018
Have never felt so much of a family at work and had people at the top who so deeply cared about the team. It was the best team feel and culture I have had the pleasure to work in.
Pros
Food, Offices, People, Teams, Leadership
Productive Fun Workplace
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA7 February 2018
A good place to work providing a lot of opportunities to learn. There is a focus on the career development of the individual and it's easy to provide your inputs even at a junior level.
Great company and products
Project Manager, Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Home Based25 January 2018
Splunk is a great company with great benefits, culture, and products. Competitive salary. Everyone seems to be working to benefit Splunk customers. Growing quickly.
Pros
Worked remotely
No comment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX5 January 2018
No comment not worth my time talking about a company that is not racially diverse .. down with Splunk and all the greedy executives who sell stock keeping it low
Une société au top!
Analyste Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Francisco County, CA28 November 2017
Chez Splunk, les salariés comme les clients sont des personnes qui vous tirent vers le haut. Je recommande à 100%.
Company very high space, but professional atmosphere. I love it
Order Management (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CA30 August 2017
I enjoy working there as a temporary client. The employees worked hard, but the company really knows know who to take care of their employees too. They provide free breakfast and lunches.
Pros
the Order team is great
Cons
long hrs
Good company
Senior Professional Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX19 July 2017
Great Company to work for, They have great products, leading the industry. Benefits are comparable to other California based companies. Travel is high for the position, but that is Professional Services life.
No interest whatsoever in your career development
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA15 July 2017
If you get in to the right group you have died and gone to heaven. If you get the wrong manager who is only concerned with his own career, Throw your own future away.
Pros
Good snacks
Cons
Bad career help
No longer a start up
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA13 July 2017
Good company- Good product, 80% of job is forecasting and explaining where deals are. Very stressful QTR ends in that regard. Very little thought put into territory assignment and account coverage. An average seller could be making 400K while a star seller could struggle based on accounts assigned. If that gets fixed and they survive competitive landscape before they get acquired. not a bad place.
Pros
good technology
Cons
aggressive culture
Smart people, good work-life balance
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA13 June 2017
I worked in legal, over a few summers as an intern. The people were all very competent and very much vested in both my wellbeing and my professional development even as an intern.