Sportsgirl Employee Reviews

Co-workers and product were great, some Managers were awful
Christmas Casual Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC4 November 2018
There were some great benefits to working here. You got a lot of breaks, most co-workers were really nice, it's a great introduction to working in retail but as a Christmas casual I had a few issues.

Towards the end of my contract in January (after the Christmas rush), I only worked 5-10 hours a week, and even then some of my shifts were shortened/ cut because the store wasn't busy enough, with only one day notice. Christmas casuals had to get their bags checked before leaving the store, while permanent staff didn't. Some managers also acted suspicious of the Christmas casuals and kept unnecessarily checking in on us when we were sorting stock. This was very disheartening.

They also strongly encourage you to wear sportsgirl clothes and give you a discount, but when the clothes go on sale they were much cheaper than if we bought them full price with our staff discount, which was annoying as Sportsgirl was basically making a profit off of us buying our uniforms.
Pros
50% off full price and 'flash sale' items (but not clearance), lots of breaks (no break for a 3-4 hour shift, two 10 min breaks for a 5 hour shift and a 10 minute and 1 hour break for a 6+ hour shift), co workers and most managers were nice
Cons
Christmas casuals were treated as lesser, buying uniform was expensive, hours got cut to the point where I only had 4 hours over the last 2 weeks of my contract
Loved it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 April 2018
Absolutely loved working at sportgirl. I was there for 2 years. I progressed very quickly as this is a company who puts their employees first which is amazing. Sportsgirl really make sure you are getting the proper training you need and especially if you do want to progress one day. It can be a fun environment also depending which store you work at and what "work" means to you. Pay is great and on a weekly basis which is great !! And lots of newbies weekly which is exciting. Definantly one of the best companies i have worked for.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for progression
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Good environment but team changes often
Part-time Sales (Former Employee) –  New South Wales11 March 2018
I was not impressed with management but other than that it was okay. Typically we'd come in to work greet customers help them out with everything then have a 1 hour lunch break then back go back to work.
great fun and friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brookvale NSW25 February 2018
A day at sportsgirl would be helping customer to find the right items of clothing that fit them and make them feel positive about their selfs, its not just about the clothing but we like our customers to feel as if they could be running the world, with our beauty products, jewellery, hats, bags we like to dress our sportgirl head to toe so they feel on top of the world and have a positive out look of life. I learned how to communicate with customers and get to know them in such a short amount of time to help them find what they are after. The management is always friendly and positive. The job is nice and relaxing the hardest part would be when is gets busy around Christmas time, when customers are looking for presents. My favourite part of the job would have to be the clothes being able to dress up every day for work wearing your you want to express who you are.
Fun retail team
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pagewood NSW6 February 2018
Daily management of up to 8 full time, part time and casual employees daily. Including styling, visual merchandising, sales management, budgeting and recruitment
Pros
Fun team with good benefits
Cons
Long hours, unpaid
Good working environment
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Laverton WA26 November 2017
Good management with good procedures and structures. Fast pace environment. High standard of safety. More supportive employees. Managers are more friendly and supportive.
stock administration
Stock Administrator (Former Employee) –  Broadbeach QLD26 November 2017
i had the best job at sportsgirl pacific fair after so many years of being a sales assistant and then having been given the opportunity to be the stock administrator for the gold coast with sportsgirl i loved going to work every day on a fulltime basis, i had fantastic hours that suited me so then i could continue to work in the night in hospitality. My day at work was arriving in the morning and printing out everything that had been sold it was my role to restock all the stock sold, all the markdowns, checking on floor if all sizes were on display and changing mannequins. I learnt so much in this role and i was very good at my job with the way things were run stock coming in and splitting stock and definatley learning the system and helping others from other stores with questions etc. i was the manager of this position overseen by my manager of the store. To be honest my job was not hard it was just very busy everyday doing all the things that required me to do as a stock administrator. I love being involved with the stock area within a company. the most enjoyable part of my job was i was the manager of my job i worked alone and i was in control of my area i had great hours in which suited me and when i was not busy and had completed my job i would help down on the floor with customer service sales assistant
Productive and enjoyable company
Style Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballarat VIC11 October 2017
A day at work is always enjoyable and efficient at sports girl, I communicate with customers, educate customers on fashion trends, consistent team work, organise customer transactions and orders, aswell as ensure the shop is in immaculate condition. Sports girl is really a team based company, we all work together to obtain the best results possible. The best part of the job for me is communicating and educating people on our new fashion trends, I am able to meet new people and contribute the best efforts for the company sports girl.
Amazing workplace with great staff and supportive, fun working environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD13 June 2017
A typical shift at Sportsgirl was fun but also challenging. The shifts range anywhere from 4-7 hours for casual assistants, which meant I could be on my feet for a long time. Further, when the store became busy, it was a challenge to make sure customers were being served but various jobs were still getting done. Despite this, the shifts were always fun because of the other girls who worked there. Help was always around if necessary, and there was no such thing as a stupid question! The management was just as supportive as the other staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to enjoy helping customers with picking clothes and outfits.
Pros
Supportive Team Members
Cons
Sometimes shifts could get busy
Fun workplace with great culture
Supervisor & Head Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chermside QLD16 May 2017
Succession plans can be provided if you want to further your career with Sportsgirl.
All employees are lovely and easy to work with.
Great discounts, bonuses and incentives.

Want to know more about Sportsgirl?

Ask a question
Amazing team, always laughing but getting the job done!
Online Distributour (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 April 2017
We would could get 800 orders out the door with a short team because we worked so well together and even when we had a problem we would solve it togther!
Great Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton VIC31 May 2016
I loved working for Sportsgirl. Working with some of the most amazing people you will ever meet, such a fun environment!
Fun and accepting work place
Sales Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Bendigo, VIC17 January 2016
I loved working for Sportsgirl. Its an easygoing enjoyable work place where everyone is extremely understanding and fun to work with! The products and discounts are just an added bonus.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Sydney, NSW8 August 2015
I was incredibly lucky to have worked with a wonderful team of women, for a brand made for women. Management as well as my everyday team were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was often the most enjoyable part of my day, which was the busy periods in the store, where we were often overwhelmed with customers and requests. But I personally love being busy so I didn't find it too challenging.
Fun workplace, great atmosphere
Casual Stylist (Current Employee) –  Castle Hill19 March 2013
Focusing on customer service, serving customers, stock on hand counts, loss prevention, refilling stock, rubbish runs, unpacking and placing delivery, layby audits, cashing up at end of day.
Pros
discount off clothes
Cons
quiet periods

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sportsgirl. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3