Sportsgirl
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sportsgirl Management reviews

Australia33 reviews
Amazing work environment and plenty of opportunity to grow your skills. Overall great place to work. Management and staff are courteous and encouraging.
Would work there again
Needs improvement on team building

It was about who had been there the longest to how much work you got

I felt very insecure there

Don’t believe that management was there for the right reason
Depending on management, this could be perfect for teens. There is a good balance and incorporation of charity and body image but due to poor management at specific stores, my experience was less than good.
A typical day of work consisted of greeting customers, ensuring products are intact and to maintain stock management and appearance. In this environment, we were able to learn skills of communication in simple and complex situations to both customers and team members.

Overall, the Sportsgirl workplace environment was mostly relaxed, with peak periods speeding up the pace of work. A difficult aspect of the job was time management, meanwhile the most enjoyable part would be engaging with customers and keeping visible stock presentable.
Sportsgirl is a fun and dynamic place to work for women of all ages, it works to maintain a great, inclusive, supportive, friendly and non-competitive workplace culture where the absence of individual KPI's and a customer-service grounded approach to retail eliminates the usual underlying sense of hostility and in-house competition that a lot of retailers suffer from when it comes to the morale of their employees. Your team is just that, a team - and this has been one of the things that I have valued most about working within the company.

The opportunity to progress through the company is absolutely encouraged, with a preference to hire internally where possible to offer this to employees where they seek to move between positions, advance into management roles or drop back into part-time or causal roles.

Sportsgirl is brand that has been around for a long time, and with the increased presence of a large range of multi-national retailers within Australia, there's something to be said for their need to play catch-up with the benefits and features offered by other retailers among both consumers and staff which make them a destination online, in-store and as an employee of the brand. The management perks are few, the pay is average for part-time, full-time and management staff, and its processes for day to day tasks are in desperate need of updating to make things like stocktake, returns, rewards and incentives and customer service a smoother and more competitive experience among other retailers and staff alike.
Pros
Great discount for part-time and full-time employees, great commitment to career progression for internal employees, fun workplace, fantastic workplace culture and environment.
Cons
long hours including weeknights and weekends, average pay and incentives, extended trade over holiday periods
Had the most fun working for this brand !! Loved the management, clothes, beauty everything was great.

Lots of support and great people hired for the company.
I was not impressed with management but other than that it was okay. Typically we'd come in to work greet customers help them out with everything then have a 1 hour lunch break then back go back to work.
A day at sportsgirl would be helping customer to find the right items of clothing that fit them and make them feel positive about their selfs, its not just about the clothing but we like our customers to feel as if they could be running the world, with our beauty products, jewellery, hats, bags we like to dress our sportgirl head to toe so they feel on top of the world and have a positive out look of life. I learned how to communicate with customers and get to know them in such a short amount of time to help them find what they are after. The management is always friendly and positive. The job is nice and relaxing the hardest part would be when is gets busy around Christmas time, when customers are looking for presents. My favourite part of the job would have to be the clothes being able to dress up every day for work wearing your you want to express who you are.
Daily management of up to 8 full time, part time and casual employees daily. Including styling, visual merchandising, sales management, budgeting and recruitment
Pros
Fun team with good benefits
Cons
Long hours, unpaid
Good management with good procedures and structures. Fast pace environment. High standard of safety. More supportive employees. Managers are more friendly and supportive.
A typical shift at Sportsgirl was fun but also challenging. The shifts range anywhere from 4-7 hours for casual assistants, which meant I could be on my feet for a long time. Further, when the store became busy, it was a challenge to make sure customers were being served but various jobs were still getting done. Despite this, the shifts were always fun because of the other girls who worked there. Help was always around if necessary, and there was no such thing as a stupid question! The management was just as supportive as the other staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to enjoy helping customers with picking clothes and outfits.
Pros
Supportive Team Members
Cons
Sometimes shifts could get busy
I was incredibly lucky to have worked with a wonderful team of women, for a brand made for women. Management as well as my everyday team were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was often the most enjoyable part of my day, which was the busy periods in the store, where we were often overwhelmed with customers and requests. But I personally love being busy so I didn't find it too challenging.