Spotless
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spotless Employee Reviews

Australia265 reviews
Hard work for minimum pay
Minesite cleaner Bowen Basin area.
Usually great work mates, and even good supervisors.

Lazy people made the work even harder as did restrictive hours.

The minimum wage and disrespect from Coal Mine Workers made the work a struggle.

Use the position as an entry point, remember you are always watched, lazy people won’t get opportunities.
Fast paced environment
Overall, the pros of working for Spotless were the people. Hours were there. Learnt great customer service skills. Fast paced environment.

Cons

Lack of career opportunities - only possible to be a catering assistant, thats it.

Not good for a student studying otherwise need to take time off

Bullying from management

Changing the roster not notifying staff - this happened almost every week

Nit picking on staff- forcing staff he doesn't like to complete jobs-letting off older employee to not have to do the jobs

Intimidating staff

Threatening to cut hours

Minimal pay

Worked to the bone with no recognition - not recognised for hard work

I could go on all day
What a disgrace.
There are many employees who have passed through this organisation and regret the association. You can do much better than work for this toxic and broken organisation.
Love them
I work with a great bunch of people.we are like a family.thefe is no nastiness or back stabbing and the bosses treat you very well.the work atmosphere is relaxed and fun
Bad management, bullies
Management are bullies, don't like you to be too comfortable with your work mates, no consideration for their staff, especially when fifo/dido when it comes to your family back home or health issues
Work place culture is disgusting
Wouldn’t recommend spotless to anyone I know run by idiots.
Management don’t listen and don’t want to hear what actually happens in there site.

Everything gets brushed under the carpet
Pros
There is none
Cons
Stay away if you want your sanity
aside from the management it was good
management wasn't great but aside from that it was good. management was constantly changing. If you like repititive type of work, you would like that.
Not a good company to work for!
Worked at HQ st kilda rd it was a decent company till it was delisted from ASX once private it was a nightmare the culture was appalling it was a matter of if you sucked up to the right people you advanced in the work place if not your working day was torture. It was a bullys paradise.
Enjoyable working at catering sites.
Doing CA and Kitchenhand duties,I have learned many aspects at catering sites. Management has allowed me to work at many sites. People are friendly at spotless sites. Sometimes sites have big workloads.The most enjoyable part is job satisfaction when the work is completed,
Pros
Sometimes the food is free.
Cons
Sometimes the shifts are long.
Full time work with interesting perks.
High energy work with many surprises regarding travellers and security procedures. excellent way to increase my library with books left behind and other oddities, i.e a sonic screwdriver from Dr Who
Pros
great excercise
Cons
covering distances by foot
Horrible
Management / Supervisors have no idea what they are doing - hard to get regular work and work is all over the place. If you don't read a meter for 15 minutes you get docked on your pay - you do not get paid for the hours you do - seems illegal to me.
Hardworking and high performing.
I enjoyed working in the Call Centre we all treated each other as family. The only down falls of the position was that the rest of the company thought that they we better than the call centre employees and the KPI's were sometimes hard to met.
Not a good place to work especially the sorting dirty hospital blood sheets
To many Asian people there they think the place belongs to them, very bossy the Asian woman who work there especially when you new staff they wanna order you around not good and communication is it good at all very bad
Cleaning Company
Easy work but most jobs are dead-end and best used to make ends meet if you're in a rut, or studying or new to the workforce. Management are mostly concerned with fulfilling contractual obligations at competitive prices to their clients. It is an honest living but not one I recommend doing for too long.
A cut throat company.
Spotless are a mess, do not under any circumstances work for them. They have no strategy and definitely have no regard for the impact that ill thought through strategies have on people. Internal factions and power plays by egotistical and narcissistic sycophants create for a passive aggressive and very toxic culture. It’s watch your back at Spotless and beware of the smiling assassins.
Hot working there
Would not recommend to anyone. The place is dirty, smells,rats running around.
Extremely hot and unbearable.

Dangerous to your health with lint behind and underneath all machines including flying around in the air.

No will not recommend.
Average
Average as the management is lacking and this hasn't changed since they were taken over by another company. Management needs to improve their performance.
Productive and fun learning environment
My experience while being at Spotless has been fun and enjoyable. I have had the opportunity to be put through my forklift license and update my first aid. I have gained a lot more skill in the maintenance area, doing jobs that I haven't faced before. The garden's are a big job to do by myself but I tackle what I can to the best of my ability.
no issues, rates, hours, working conditions, management satisfactory, workplace environment safe.Good variety and great customers to serve on good achievements.
Nice place to work
Amazing place to start career and good for new learning process. No need to worry about future growth if you’re giving 100 percent while on work. Timely getting feedback from management to improve our skills and to tick all our objectives.
one of the WORST companies i have ever worked for!
Management are extremely unprofessional and rude.
harassment and bullying in the workplace is swept away and ignored.

no career progression.

Management care about making profits off you instead of being fair with your salary