Spotless Employee Reviews

Unprofessional Company
All Rounder/Barista (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD15 March 2019
Over worked and underpaid is their motto at spotless

countless hours of unpaid online"training" courses that are compulsory!

unprofessional mangers who should not hold a managers position

unrealistic goals and targets as well as no staff appreciation
Pros
Food is free
Cons
unpaid compulsory training regularly
Spotless
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Adelaide27 February 2019
Upper managemet has no clue of what goes on. This workplace is full of descrimination, bullying and intimidation. Spotless takes no sort of bullying seriosuly and everything you do say that is the truth gets swept under the carpet. I have worked for other companies that I had no issues at all with co-workers. But working for a company like Spotless and the way new Manager operates it, you get bullied and harrassed everytime you come into work. I hope somehow the CEO hears about these stuff so that the problems get solved.
Pros
Good rosters
Cons
Cultural issues
Good work life balance as you don't get shifts
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 February 2019
Don't bother if you want shifts, I have been with Spotless since early 2018 and have worked the Grand Prix and only 2 shifts at the MCG.
It is ridiculous.
Yes you can get employment easily being older but not guaranteed the work unless your of a particular ethnicity or age. Equal opportunity only applies on the books and not in the work place.
Pros
Employment
Cons
No shifts
competitive work environment for a 24/7 business
Housekeeper/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Queensland Australia16 January 2019
great work environment

hardworking, always busy, motivating, multi cultural, adaptable to the city life style and Mining industry
health and safety awareness at all times
Real Im not happy with spotless
Cleaner - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 January 2019
I'm cleaner at school -No training before start
-the hours not enough for work
-School holidays without pay ( 3 months a year)
-Bad management ( supervisor)
-hourly wage ..not enough (for thehard nature of work ,afternoon shift)
Pros
salary on time every 2 weeks
Cons
-the time not enough for work
Safe workplace with limited opportunities for advancement.
Underground Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Roxby Downs SA 57259 January 2019
On the whole, Spotless is a safe company to work for. However, staff turnover is high due to rumored, but numerous personality conflicts and a lack of a reliable workforce. The job itself can be satisfying, if unfulfilling. Advancement is difficult, as there are few positions to transition into.
Pros
Roster
Cons
Lack of meaningful advancement
Argyle/utilities
Kitchen/dining attendant, domestic cleaner (Former Employee) –  Argyle, WA3 January 2019
I worked for spotless for about 2 years. Having accommodation was a good and very pleasing, also working with different cultures. there was always something new. Such as new equipment and learning how to use it.
Pros
uniform is prepared
Cons
away from home
not bad work environment
GENERAL CLEANER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 December 2018
inconsistent hours, they only really give you work every now and then, angry supervisors, some people are great though, not the best place to work if you need money every week
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
angry supervisors
To many duties in time allocated
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Black rock10 December 2018
To many duties in time allocated
Staff was halved
hour where reduced by a third
overtime has not been fully paid
supervisor is racist
Privileges have been removed
Very Diverse
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kirwan, QLD, 4817, AU3 December 2018
Working for Spotless was mainly a side job for me, it involved working at the stores or the bars all around the Cowboys stadium on home games in Townsville. It was diverse because I worked in different stores on different nights, I worked at a Red Rooster or I worked at a fridge where I would carry certain types of alcoholic beverages to certain bars around the whole stadium.
I enjoyed all the jobs I did with this company.
Cleaner Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 October 2018
I enjoyed meeting new people and places. I found all management to be fair and helpful with any issues or problems. I would like to work with this company again.
reliable and helpful management
Commercial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  melbourne8 October 2018
reliable and helpful management, easy to contact the management and resolve issues without any delays. Helpful and friendly staff encourage teamwork spotless.
The worst job I ever had!
Cleaner - Full time (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC23 September 2018
I was employed by this firm for more than ten years, during that time I was offered no meaningful training, no promotion. When I did finally leave I received NO acknowledgement of my 10+ years service, not even a one dollar card! Thanks for nothing!
Pros
Income coming in whilst searching for a better job
Cons
Minimum wage, poorly treated by employer, no recognition of services, no possibility of advancement
HIGH TURNOVER of staff each year... No wonder!
Accounts Officer (Current Employee) –  St Kilda Road VIC20 September 2018
Majority (a certain ethnic group) never greet the Minority (non ethnics) at start of workday. Yep.. it's that sort of culture at HQ Melbourne.
Learn that this company is awful the moment you realise their 100+ year computer applications will make your life nasty, excuses upon excuses about cost$$ you will NEVER get updated computers. Ever.
Managers and their sidekicks generally from same part of world, 'greed is good' behaviour, young, married with kids and full of 'want' to be Millionaires by the age of 40 yrs old.
Hardest part of job is having to do the work of Majority (a certain ethnic group) who are always granted holidays whenever they want!!
Most enjoyable part of job is going into tearoom to make a coffee and read newspaper and at end of day running out of front entrance in tears of relief another day is over.
Pros
Free coffee, newspaper and stationery
Cons
Extremely low salary. Management promotes favouritism. If you complain to HR, you will be considered 'guilty'. Worthiness is based on colour of skin, dark means you are superior. In a company that pushes the 'Diversity' agenda, how ironic that there is NO equality whatsoever!
Very friendly environment and good management.
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 September 2018
As I am working as a housekeeper in spotless cleaning I consistently enhance and further develop my skills including communication, networking and relationship building. I am driven, motivated, capable, and can integrate effectively with diverse organizational cultures. When I am presented with opportunity. I can assure you that I will exceed the goals of company and meet expectation.
Pros
Good management system
Cons
Long shift
Very Good cultural diversity in the company
Part-time work (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 September 2018
I worked at the catering department, so I had many friends from the different countries because the company has multicultural work structure, i worked with team and had fun out of the work with the same people. Typical day at work we have meeting before start and do our duties for that specific function.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Unpaid Breaks
Great job
General housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Australia31 August 2018
Great job, always something new to do. Easy-going boss, fast paced work environment. Flexible hours. Work alone and as part of a team.
I don't know what else to say.
relaxed place to work
LAUNDRY WORKER (Current Employee) –  Dudley Park SA28 August 2018
loading unloading machines, hardest part is going to work not knowing what time u finish. not a lot to learn, most enjoyable part is when u finish. it is a relaxed place to work when u get on well with everyone.
Pros
arternoon shift
Cons
not many hours a week, no set sart or finish time
Good place to learn cooking skills
Liaison (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW13 August 2018
Was a fantastic place to learn how to cook and also a good enviroment with good support from all staff. I was very pleased to have my interests and talents supported and worked on.
Pros
Learning experience and free food
Cons
Physically demanding
Paranoid company with work stress overload
Cleaner/PSSA (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA5 August 2018
On the run from clock on to clock off. Unreasonable break times and constantly interrupted during breaks. Supervisors ignorant of the role and overbearing. Do not listen to feedback even when from 95 % of staff. Workplace culture is work, work, work. I learned that it does not matter how good a worker or how long you have worked there, it is all about there reputation. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the old RAH. Work load was fair, family orientated with caring management. This culture no longer exists.
Pros
Co-workers.
Cons
Overbearing work loads, supervisors and ignorance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spotless. Our community is ready to answer.