Spotless
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spotless Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Management it is depend who are staff in there

Is a good place for work, staff good each other, friendly enviroment, no pressure, excelent salary, relax shift, perfect management with friendly staff in management

Pros

Good salary

Terrible management

Management don’t listen to the workers. He is reactive not proactive. Shift work is very hard on family life and health. Don’t recommend working at the RAH if you value your sanity. Promise of training that never happened. No on site parking unless you are one of the managers chosen few.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Shift work and poor management

Management needs to be improved.

Management needs to be improved. The production manager is rude and it was always difficult to understand the poor English. Stressful environment to work.

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Cons

Management is poor

I was a contractor and loved every minute of my time at Spotless

I would go back in a heartbeat during these uncertain COVID times.I had THE best Manager ever that looked after us as a team extremely well and it was always a pleasure to work at Spotless.

Pros

The Tram

Cons

COVID hit

Hated

Worst experience of my life. Left with mental health issues. And have never held a job since. It’s been 5 years and it took years before I could even talk to anyone about the abuse I got while I was there.

Pros

Company Ute and really good money.

Cons

Physical and mental and emotional abuse. In and outside of work hours. 24-7 abuse.

Poor Culture Poor Management

Poor from beginning to endWorst HR and no direction or support from management CMMS is the most convoluted ancient system I have ever used.Contractors are poorly treated , underpaid and payment terms excceed 90 days continuously causing friction and lack of loyalty and workmanship.

Pros

None to mention

Cons

Just about everything

Unsupported in remote areas

They don’t price the contracts correctly so workers are extremely over work and this leave a division between what the client expectations are and what we can physically can do.

Cons

Extremely unreasonable hours to produce the expected results

Poor senior management

operators were nice to work with Acting General manager was only worried about the operators. Treating the managers very poorly. Had no idea how to run the machines and thus the machines were run at 125%. Always complain and worried about $. Would constantly lie, and when prooved wrong, would deny it. Was always more worried about how clean the place was, then how old and run down the machines whethan how

Pros

great middle managers

Cons

very poor leader (acting General manager)

Terrible company to work for

bullying and harassment is the normal for the company, requested training to never have it happen, had to work out through trial and error how to use the database. Had to use my own car for site visits and audits, and was never allowed to claim back the expense.

Pros

some of the team were lovely

Cons

Unfortunately the poor culture was more than the positive

productive

spotless was a great place to work till downers bought out spotless company was to big did not care for workers they drastically cut staff and spent time and money on things that didn't matter.

Pros

same shifts

Cons

unorganised

Management are bullies

My time at spotless I saw a multiple people go due to bullying by the site manager. Told overtime would not be paid if you can't do your work on time Bullying and harassment on a daily basis made for a very unpleasant and toxic work site.

Pros

Cons

Toxic

Hard work for minimum pay

Minesite cleaner Bowen Basin area. Usually great work mates, and even good supervisors. Lazy people made the work even harder as did restrictive hours. The minimum wage and disrespect from Coal Mine Workers made the work a struggle. Use the position as an entry point, remember you are always watched, lazy people won’t get opportunities.

Fast paced environment

Overall, the pros of working for Spotless were the people. Hours were there. Learnt great customer service skills. Fast paced environment. Cons Lack of career opportunities - only possible to be a catering assistant, thats it. Not good for a student studying otherwise need to take time off Bullying from management Changing the roster not notifying staff - this happened almost every week Nit picking on staff- forcing staff he doesn't like to complete jobs-letting off older employee to not have to do the jobs Intimidating staff Threatening to cut hours Minimal pay Worked to the bone with no recognition - not recognised for hard work I could go on all day

What a disgrace.

There are many employees who have passed through this organisation and regret the association. You can do much better than work for this toxic and broken organisation.

Love them

I work with a great bunch of people.we are like a family.thefe is no nastiness or back stabbing and the bosses treat you very well.the work atmosphere is relaxed and fun

Bad management, bullies

Management are bullies, don't like you to be too comfortable with your work mates, no consideration for their staff, especially when fifo/dido when it comes to your family back home or health issues

Work place culture is disgusting

Wouldn’t recommend spotless to anyone I know run by idiots. Management don’t listen and don’t want to hear what actually happens in there site. Everything gets brushed under the carpet

Pros

There is none

Cons

Stay away if you want your sanity

aside from the management it was good

management wasn't great but aside from that it was good. management was constantly changing. If you like repititive type of work, you would like that.

Not a good company to work for!

Worked at HQ st kilda rd it was a decent company till it was delisted from ASX once private it was a nightmare the culture was appalling it was a matter of if you sucked up to the right people you advanced in the work place if not your working day was torture. It was a bullys paradise.

Enjoyable working at catering sites.

Doing CA and Kitchenhand duties,I have learned many aspects at catering sites. Management has allowed me to work at many sites. People are friendly at spotless sites. Sometimes sites have big workloads.The most enjoyable part is job satisfaction when the work is completed,

Pros

Sometimes the food is free.

Cons

Sometimes the shifts are long.

Full time work with interesting perks.

High energy work with many surprises regarding travellers and security procedures. excellent way to increase my library with books left behind and other oddities, i.e a sonic screwdriver from Dr Who

Pros

great excercise

Cons

covering distances by foot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spotless. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Spotless