Spotless

Spotless Employee Reviews

Australia278 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

High turnover of managers Payroll hopeless

Some admin people I had to deal with were incompetent and could stuff up endlessly without being called out. Blue collar workers were treated like dirt if they raised an issue or an incident occurred. My pay was wrong every. Single. Week. and would take months to sort out while I had to keep adding to the list of incorrect pay. Every contract is like an island, no idea what was happening elsewhere and no chance of relocation or advancement.

Environment and the work itself were mostly very enjoyable, but culture and supervision style made it hard to like at times..

The job itself was mostly enjoyable and doable, if pretty hard during the hottest part of the summers. If you like the outdoors and lots of gardens etc, it's awesome, and there was a lot of satisfaction when jobs were completed.One of the main issues was the lack of proper equipment upkeep and maintenance, which was lax and too often led to failures or being forced to use faulty or worn consumables such as blades, parts etc. Management seemed oblivious to the equipment needs most of the time and these issues were sporadically addressed on a piecemeal basis rather than a decent management process to keep machinery in constant working order. On the other hand, small essential items such as hose fittings would also go missing, so it was as if this was why we could not have nice things anyway. The culture was ok if able to avoid 'popular' group dynamics and turn a blind eye to favouritism. However sometimes they were hard to avoid. Often conflicts between workers were ignored and not resolved to anyone's satisfaction. Like being in school. Supervisor role seemed to be unclear much of the time, with illogical decisions, often spur-of-the-moment, and quite a lot of 'discretion' involved in work allocation decisions. Easily influenced by certain team members, and ready to 'punish' others. Covid policy was more kneejerk than consistent, and yet when half the workforce was off with the virus, the other half weren't even informed until we'd already mingled for half an hour. This is why I quit.

Great team of colleagues

The teams I worked with were a great bunch. The management was alot to be desired, very unprofessional and poor communication with us workers. Always short of stock and chemicals etc.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Management and low stocks for cleaning

Not what I expected

I worked with a good team but the direct supervisor was horrible!! She would berate you for making mistakes or being slow. The work was ok it was just hard work and long hours. It took a while to get into a routine and know where buildings were onsite. But once I was familiar was no problem.

Pros

Workmates were nice

Cons

Long hours and heavy lifting. Rude contractors.

Terrible management

Management don’t listen to the workers. He is reactive not proactive. Shift work is very hard on family life and health. Don’t recommend working at the RAH if you value your sanity. Promise of training that never happened. No on site parking unless you are one of the managers chosen few.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Shift work and poor management

Management needs to be improved.

Management needs to be improved. The production manager is rude and it was always difficult to understand the poor English. Stressful environment to work.

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Cons

Management is poor

I was a contractor and loved every minute of my time at Spotless

I would go back in a heartbeat during these uncertain COVID times.I had THE best Manager ever that looked after us as a team extremely well and it was always a pleasure to work at Spotless.

Pros

The Tram

Cons

COVID hit

Hated

Worst experience of my life. Left with mental health issues. And have never held a job since. It’s been 5 years and it took years before I could even talk to anyone about the abuse I got while I was there.

Pros

Company Ute and really good money.

Cons

Physical and mental and emotional abuse. In and outside of work hours. 24-7 abuse.

Poor Culture Poor Management

Poor from beginning to endWorst HR and no direction or support from management CMMS is the most convoluted ancient system I have ever used.Contractors are poorly treated , underpaid and payment terms excceed 90 days continuously causing friction and lack of loyalty and workmanship.

Pros

None to mention

Cons

Just about everything

Unsupported in remote areas

They don’t price the contracts correctly so workers are extremely over work and this leave a division between what the client expectations are and what we can physically can do.

Cons

Extremely unreasonable hours to produce the expected results

Management it is depend who are staff in there

Is a good place for work, staff good each other, friendly enviroment, no pressure, excelent salary, relax shift, perfect management with friendly staff in management

Pros

Good salary

Poor senior management

operators were nice to work with Acting General manager was only worried about the operators. Treating the managers very poorly. Had no idea how to run the machines and thus the machines were run at 125%. Always complain and worried about $. Would constantly lie, and when prooved wrong, would deny it. Was always more worried about how clean the place was, then how old and run down the machines whethan how

Pros

great middle managers

Cons

very poor leader (acting General manager)

Terrible company to work for

bullying and harassment is the normal for the company, requested training to never have it happen, had to work out through trial and error how to use the database. Had to use my own car for site visits and audits, and was never allowed to claim back the expense.

Pros

some of the team were lovely

Cons

Unfortunately the poor culture was more than the positive

productive

spotless was a great place to work till downers bought out spotless company was to big did not care for workers they drastically cut staff and spent time and money on things that didn't matter.

Pros

same shifts

Cons

unorganised

Management are bullies

My time at spotless I saw a multiple people go due to bullying by the site manager. Told overtime would not be paid if you can't do your work on time Bullying and harassment on a daily basis made for a very unpleasant and toxic work site.

Pros

Cons

Toxic

Hard work for minimum pay

Minesite cleaner Bowen Basin area. Usually great work mates, and even good supervisors. Lazy people made the work even harder as did restrictive hours. The minimum wage and disrespect from Coal Mine Workers made the work a struggle. Use the position as an entry point, remember you are always watched, lazy people won’t get opportunities.

Fast paced environment

Overall, the pros of working for Spotless were the people. Hours were there. Learnt great customer service skills. Fast paced environment. Cons Lack of career opportunities - only possible to be a catering assistant, thats it. Not good for a student studying otherwise need to take time off Bullying from management Changing the roster not notifying staff - this happened almost every week Nit picking on staff- forcing staff he doesn't like to complete jobs-letting off older employee to not have to do the jobs Intimidating staff Threatening to cut hours Minimal pay Worked to the bone with no recognition - not recognised for hard work I could go on all day

What a disgrace.

There are many employees who have passed through this organisation and regret the association. You can do much better than work for this toxic and broken organisation.

Love them

I work with a great bunch of people.we are like a family.thefe is no nastiness or back stabbing and the bosses treat you very well.the work atmosphere is relaxed and fun

Bad management, bullies

Management are bullies, don't like you to be too comfortable with your work mates, no consideration for their staff, especially when fifo/dido when it comes to your family back home or health issues

Work place culture is disgusting

Wouldn’t recommend spotless to anyone I know run by idiots. Management don’t listen and don’t want to hear what actually happens in there site. Everything gets brushed under the carpet

Pros

There is none

Cons

Stay away if you want your sanity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spotless. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Spotless with