Spotless
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spotless Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW16 reviews
I worked at the catering department, so I had many friends from the different countries because the company has multicultural work structure, i worked with team and had fun out of the work with the same people. Typical day at work we have meeting before start and do our duties for that specific function.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Unpaid Breaks
Doing CA and Kitchenhand duties,I have learned many aspects at catering sites. Management has allowed me to work at many sites. People are friendly at spotless sites. Sometimes sites have big workloads.The most enjoyable part is job satisfaction when the work is completed,
Pros
Sometimes the food is free.
Cons
Sometimes the shifts are long.
Management / Supervisors have no idea what they are doing - hard to get regular work and work is all over the place. If you don't read a meter for 15 minutes you get docked on your pay - you do not get paid for the hours you do - seems illegal to me.
no issues, rates, hours, working conditions, management satisfactory, workplace environment safe.Good variety and great customers to serve on good achievements.
Management are extremely unprofessional and rude.
harassment and bullying in the workplace is swept away and ignored.

no career progression.

Management care about making profits off you instead of being fair with your salary
As I am working as a housekeeper in spotless cleaning I consistently enhance and further develop my skills including communication, networking and relationship building. I am driven, motivated, capable, and can integrate effectively with diverse organizational cultures. When I am presented with opportunity. I can assure you that I will exceed the goals of company and meet expectation.
Pros
Good management system
Cons
Long shift
As a manager I feel I can comment on my colleagues and bosses. The lack of training and development in management has led to tradies and technical people becoming managers with no understanding of how to manage or communicate. The consultation is non-existent and the recruitment is based on nepotism and "yes-men/women". There is little to no strategic thought and profit increase is reduced to "no" to spending anything, even if it would increase revenue or decrease costs in the medium term.

I have worked in many companies and at much higher levels, I would never have put up with such a destructive culture or approach. Unfortunately, I do not think the top management knows what goes on.

The profitability could be increased with some simple changes but no one wants to know. The pay is terrible and is based on how well you suck up not your capability or contribution.

The treatment of people is truly disgusting, the workforce are seen as disposable, and I would resign immediately if I could afford to.
Pros
The turnover is so high, you can always get a job - 60%pa!
Cons
long hours, poor pay and conditions and treated like dirt by uneducated and untrained managers
I briefly worked for this company's contact center in Rhodes Sydney. The center unlawfully dismissed me just in a couple of months. A big company like this could do such thing without any hesitation really shocked me. I think this center seriously need new management with integrity and workplace ethics.
This job was a long time ago but I still have friends from there and the environment was always a positive one to work in.
This job was where I was flexible in my duties helping different departments within 2 floors. Admin front desk. Data Entry. Catering for meetings. relieving others positions. Stationery orders.

this was only for a year before I went onto to do the career I was most interested in.
The company seem to have lost their direction of late. The operations managers spend most of their time agonising over the fine details of food safety, and not enough time building relationships and creating new opportunities for the business.

They're not willing to invest in critical equipment a lot of the time. Their financial strategy is to watch every dollar and the millions will take care of themselves, and keep the purse strings so tight that people can't do their jobs properly, which in turn damages the service that they're providing.

Also giving away services at practically zero margin for fear of losing contacts.

Stop micro managing your staff. You will get a lot more from them If you give them the room to own their job and take the responsibility for it.

Take some risks and make the decisions at the right time to throw some money into projects that could be good. You never know, it could actually work.
Pros
Reasonable salary, good work colleges, good work life balance, varied tasks
Cons
Micro managed, institutionalised ops managers, too much talk not enough action
I had a brilliant branch manager. Iam so thankful It was great to work with her ,she worked for the team , clients, the company tirelessly. Thank you . Nicole hatch.
Pros
Not any
Cons
Lots
this job was great job had long hours and making nice$ and fun around city with heavy vehicle, work never goes down.
happy was happy

contract finished job finished.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
I had a lot of experiences (out of my accounting skill) at the games e.g. serving food for a big group of different culture, problems solve, customer services, time management etc. It's the first point of my hospitality journey. I met a lot of new friends, a lot of fun and life time experience.

After the game I got a job as a pastry chef in Perth. Then I took a cookery course to get a qualification in hospitality.

Present, I work as a bakery assistant at a local small business to get experience. I'm looking forward to get a qualification in Bakery and I will work in hospitality industry.

I love what I do and I'm always put 110% in what I love the most in life Accounting, Baking and Cooking.
Difficult client
Short term contract

No assistance after contract lost to find work internally

Spotless went "private" (off ASX) 2012

Not very good management
Pros
Car
Cons
Long hours, difficult client (Sydney Water)
Always loved working here. Worked in a school campus, day starts at 6:30 am. Great start of the day. Fun working with the staff. Sometimes challenging customers to handle.
Fazer parte do grupo foi muito satisfatorio e prazeroso.
Uma empresa dinamica, tive a oportunidade de apreender, desenvolver, lidar e gerenciar uma equipe de colaboradores de toda parte do mundo,
Pros
Localização no Aeroporto
Cons
Estacionamento era muito longe.