Spotzer Media Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Spotzer Media Group Employee Reviews

Australia2 reviews
Shonky business practice abounds here
Spotzer has dodgy business practices. They employ freelance writers and designers in their office, full-time, to avoid paying them super, giving them leave and everything else employers are required to do by law.
A couple of invoices were paid nearly 2 months late. The Finance team were often rude and unhelpful when I followed up with them, very politely. Other times invoices were paid late with no explanation or apology.

The company seems to prefer quantity over quality. While I was there they dropped their minimum rate for website copy to a poor amount.

I also suffered an injury on the job and only one person inquired after my wellbeing on my first day back. Of course, because I was freelance there was no WorkCover option. Several staff were unprofessional and rude in their conduct towards other staff (not me, fortunately).

Entry level wages were just above minimum, for those lucky enough to be on full or part-time contracts. Even middle management salaries seemed to be quite low. There was also a strong culture of unpaid overtime, with my immediate manager sometimes working til 10-11pm. Once I worked that late, and when the content I produced wasn't used I wasn't able to bill for it.
Pros
long lunches allowed
Cons
see my review
Horrible workplace
Would not have stayed so long if it wasn't for the colleagues. Horrible management. More than 130 clients to manage, plus incoming calls and we had to do at least 8 outgoing calls every day.
Cons
Long hours, bad pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spotzer Media Group?