Square Employee Reviews

Amazing job if you aren't a contractor
Capital Servicing Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA24 June 2019
This place is weird but the breakfast and ginger shots are amazing.

If you can get in the door without being a contractor first, I highly recommend it.
Pros
Free breakfast, free booze, pretty awesome management
Cons
No health benefits for contractors or the premiums are absurdly high, low pay for contractors, lack of recognition for integral contributions, weird hierarchy dependent upon unspoken titles
Punctual and Productive Workplace in a big family company
Exco of Student Representative Council (Former Employee) –  Wisma Central, Kuala Lumpur11 June 2019
Very good working hours, moderate amount of workload, very good enviroment with the staff and boss. Specific knowledge and experience by various staff on various type of work in order to get job done.
Great company/mission
Local Growth Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA16 April 2019
Square is a tech company that unlike most is actually doing good for its customers. Having worked their during the private and public days, things changed, but they always held their customers above all else.
Awesome company and great workplace!
Customer Success Advocate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO2 April 2019
This is a great company to work for, and I’m saddened that I had to leave due to me relocating to another state. However, if the opportunity arises, I would love to work with this company again.
Multi-accueil
Multi-Accueil (Former Employee) –  Carquefou (44)26 March 2019
Très bon accueil et bonne ambiance avec l'équipe...
Great Place to work
CUSTOMER SUCCESS ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO18 March 2019
Square is a fast paced company where individuality is appreciated. As a customer success advocate, I would handle 40 to 50 calls a day from business owners who needed help using our products and software
Productive and fun workplace with ping pon table
Supervisered (Former Employee) –  Dhaka15 March 2019
Productive and fun workplace with ping pon table. I am injoy my working life. It is very important of my working life. I many subject learning by it..
Amazing place to work, Get to management ASAP
Business Solutions Expert - Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO12 March 2019
Square is an amazing place to work, great culture, in detail training and amazing benefits. Aim to get a a full-time position. Hardest part of the job would be choosing when to take PTO and what to get for lunch.
Brutta reputazione!
commesso addetto alla vendita (part time) (Current Employee) –  Vigliano Biellese, Piemonte12 March 2019
Da quando ho iniziato a lavorare per loro non ho visto ancora un soldo della busta paga.. e tutti i miei colleghi e quelli prima si lamentano che non pagano!
A lean, responsible Silicon Valley giant
Software Engineer, Compliance Engineering (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA30 January 2019
Square is a fantastic place to work, with a fantastic combination of responsible business practices, empathetic leadership, and talented coworkers. I love working here.
Square is what you make it
Cash Advocate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO8 January 2019
It has its perks as long as you do your job. Some of the leads aren’t that great, just hope to be on a good team. I work as a Cash Advocate and can only speak on that role.
A company that cannot be better
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA23 December 2018
This is the best company that I've ever worked for.
Great projects to work on.
Management DOES listen to employees' voice.
Nice work-life-balance.
Work is truly meaningful and changing people's lives.
Great Snacks, lack of training and bag management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA28 November 2018
I would use my badge to get into work and there I would go upstairs to the kitchen and grab breakfast that they provided for us. Then I would go down to the main floor, put on my headset and turn on my laptop. I begin taking calls some maybe easy but some are difficult. Since we only had a 2 day training because they needed so much help we didn't have a chance to go over everything. When we need help the only thing we're allowed to do is message our supervisor whose sitting 15 ft away for further instructions, but he's confused hisself because he didn't get the proper training.At this point the customer is frustrated because you have them on hold for so long. Just a mess, the best part was the food sadly.
Pros
free food
Cons
need better structure
Good company
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA24 November 2018
Growing company with tons of smart people. It's better to be smart than hard working. Meaning it doesn't really matter how hard you work. You should do what you're good at or do what is needed.
Great Company/Poor Management
Email Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO13 November 2018
Don’t waist your time due to poor management. The company expects high tendcys but hard when your bosses don’t know what they’re doing. Worst managers I have ever had in working.
Pros
Lunch/Okay Pay
Cons
Super poor management
Depends on Your Team
Demand Gen Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA22 October 2018
While the company's mission certainly drives all of its employees, working at Square can be a positive or negative experience depending on your team. The typical day-to-day is very meeting-heavy and the office environment can feel a bit immature. Square would benefit from having a greater diversity of age with its employees.
Pros
Free breakfast, subsidized lunch, free dinner and juice bar
Cons
Work/life balance is wholly dependent on your team
Its Fun and Challenging
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 9411011 October 2018
It's fun working with like minded and driven people. Great location and vision. Going to be a household name. My only complaint is they have created a culture of yes in a world of no. Their inclusive style of business includes actions or behavior that would, sometimes, be frowned upon in other settings.
Pros
Fun, energetic people
Cons
Pay, Sense of entitlement
Inizio illusionante
Vice Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ferrara, Emilia-Romagna24 September 2018
Quello che è iniziato come il mio primo percorso lavorativo in Italia, pieno d'illusione e con possibiltà di crescita professionale, ormai è diventato un incubo. Mancanza di professionalità, ambiente lavorativo molto difficile devuto ai ritardi nel pagamento dei stipendi e della gestione aziendale, vicina al mobbing.
Pros
La relazione con i colleghi
Cons
Rittardo pagamenti stipendio, atteggiamenti prepotente, mancanza di professionalità
Hypocrisy
Customer Success Advocate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO11 September 2018
If you don't like a two-faced company or managers who lie to your face - this is not the job for you.

What I got out of my time with this company is to never let your guard down - expect everything to be a competition.
Pros
Comfy work envoironment perks
Cons
Stressful and alienating
Job Satisfaction Depends on Department and Manager
Operations (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA5 September 2018
I loved my coworkers! You can learn a lot about the multiple Square products if you seek it. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers who were all a pleasure to collaborate with and work the hours with. The work environment and job satisfaction can vary greatly by the manager or lead that you work directly under. Compensation is less than the industry average compared to other tech companies.
Pros
free breakfast and dinner, great healthcare plans, commuter benefits, health & wellness re-imbursement, great coworkers
Cons
job satisfaction, work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Square. Our community is ready to answer.