St John Ambulance
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

St John Ambulance Employee Reviews

Australia57 reviews
I loved working with all different people from all districts. The only thing that I was unhappy about and made me quit in the end was the how bad the communication was. I was only told a couple of days or even a couple times the night before duties that I was registered for them... When you had to apply 2 weeks in advance (while I was there) I think a greater notice should have been given especially on weekend duties.
Friendly staff. Would recommend anyone to volunteer and that you get to meet a lot of people from different cultures and best yet you contribute to saving lives.
Pros
Staff transportation provided
Cons
No clear direction
Worked part time. Mainly weekends so had place to myself most weekends.
Open office by 7.30am

Set up classroom for 15 students (max)

Ensure equipment is functional and cleaned.

Greet clients/students

Ensure paperwork is filled out

Start class by 8.30am.

Finish class around 3.30pm - 4pm.

Was easy work environment with good ethics. Team work was fun and training on the job was provided.
The worst employer I have ever had..... and I have had some shockers!!!!
A politician with all the right words as a CEO, corruption and nepotism throughout the levels of management and a seriously terrible support system for their front-line members.
Pros
good wage, great operational staff
Cons
the rest, inclusive of no meal break, lack of support and terrible bully managers
St John Ambulance is a great place to learn how to save lives through first aid. Many people don't know how important it is.
you will get the opportunity to go out and help in deployment situations such as the bushfire.
It is great to volunteer here but of course there is a lot of loopholes to go through to get there which can be a little hard. However it is super rewarding.
I feel very welcomed and part of their team from day one.Working as a nurse immuniser driving around company to company, when I need any advice they are there for me.
As a volunteer I totally enjoy my time there. There are lots of opportunities to get involved in.
Meetings are fun and informative you learn a lot. Events are great even though you are busy.
To work at St. John Ambulance is to feel like part of a community. Each and every person there is genial as well as professional. The clients expect impeccable service, and to work at St. John is to learn exactly what that means, and how to deliver it. A fantastic place to better oneself.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at St John Ambulance?
• Covering event work as a team from Doctor's, Paramedic, RN, EMT 3 or Advance Responder
• On going training available

• Treatment of trauma and medical patients.

• Working to the Protocols and Procedures of St John Ambulance NSW

• Management of patients whilst waiting for emergency services
Hard place to work with big boy culture and difficult management to deal with they forget what the main goal is of the business and dont support staff to get that outcome
I have attended a few events where I provide basic first aid to patrons. I am accompanied by a Senior Event Officer who guides me and who I respect as a role model to watch and learn from.
Great place to work, great support and colleagues.
I have enjoyed to work for this company. The hardest part of the job are the night shifts. St John Ambulance lectures are really good tutors.
I enjoy volunteering for St John VIC as it allows me to develop skills in health and allows me to have the opportunities to help people. It gives you the chance to meet new people along the way and increase your first aid skills
Made up of volunteers who are doing there best to contribute to society. As such it can be difficult to manage and implement changes and further training
Pros
volunteer
Cons
structure
Loved working with the Accounts Payable team. They were very inclusive, especially I was only temping there. Can't speak highly enough about them.
Pros
Inclusive
Cons
No permanent work.
A great stepping stone to the medical field, providing first aid services to the public and liaising with the general public, doing local and state events
Really helpful and fulfilling to know how to be able to save yourself and others. It teaches discipline and prepares you to be ready at any time to deal with an emergency with a level head.
Lack of support with lethargic response from management. Issues left unresolved. No chain of command and no respect for line managers. No progression of complaints as no one seems to want to resolve them. Training standards questionable for an organization who prides themselves on such high standards delivering first aid. Trainers have to be self reliant as they receive very little support from management. Resources are old and questionably maintained.
Pros
Met some very nice people under difficult circumstances
Cons
St John Ambulance Queensland
St John Ambulance are passionate about their care for staff and volunteers. There is a fantastic work culture with lots of support and learning opportunities.
Pros
Caring management, learning opportunities, hands on experience
Cons
Long shifts
Great benefits and forward thinking organisation.Large number of volunteers workforce throughout the state offering a variety of working experiences State is larger than the whole of Europe bringing its own challenges
Pros
Benefits and education