St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance Employee Reviews

Australia63 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Great location & friendly staff.

Worked at St John's in admin a very long time ago but really enjoyed my time there. Team spirit, morale and staff helping staff was admirable. Had the opportunity to learn and move teams.

They are a volunteer organisation

Your not allowed to enjoy your job. The management is very under qualified. They adavance people they like, not for their qualifications. They don’t recognise anyone previous qualifications. It’s extremely frustrating

St John Ambulance insights

What people like
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Stressful, managers are only interested in themselves

If you are not on the edge of a mental breakdown then your not being stressed out enough.Horrible place to work. Brought up safety concerns, which were ignored until I took it to the hr or the health and safety department, then was treated like I had done something wrong for trying to keep the workplace safe. Management ignored me when I mentioned an on going injury until I refused to work until the issue was resolved. Smartest decision I made was to leave the place.

Pros

Quitting

Cons

Culture, management, lack of common sense

Yes people

They do not back their people when they do there job and they expect you not to do your job so who in their right mind would want to work for the organisation

Pros

Cons

Back stabbers

its s a great place to work. its very flexible

its s a great place to work. its very flexible Sometimes its hard to get a shift. however, great team and good pay. Good friendly environment.good salary and supportive nursing management.

Pros

Great management

Cons

hard to get a full time contract

Great job, great company, lots of opportunities

Loved working for SJA, yes it was stressful at times but this was okay to deal with because there were lots of times that it was fun. The people that work for SJA are generally great - friendly, supportive and fun. The opportunities were amazing, I got to do things that lots of people would never get to do. Or you can just work as a metro Ambulance Paramedic if you don't like too much change or circumstances dictate that.

Pros

Great people to work with, Rosters, holidays and a fair pay.

Cons

Night shifts, demands put on you occassionally.

Great place to work and contribute to saving lives

Friendly staff. Would recommend anyone to volunteer and that you get to meet a lot of people from different cultures and best yet you contribute to saving lives.

Pros

Staff transportation provided

Cons

No clear direction

Great environment to work

Worked part time. Mainly weekends so had place to myself most weekends. Open office by 7.30am Set up classroom for 15 students (max) Ensure equipment is functional and cleaned. Greet clients/students Ensure paperwork is filled out Start class by 8.30am. Finish class around 3.30pm - 4pm. Was easy work environment with good ethics. Team work was fun and training on the job was provided.

Make friends for life

I loved working with all different people from all districts. The only thing that I was unhappy about and made me quit in the end was the how bad the communication was. I was only told a couple of days or even a couple times the night before duties that I was registered for them... When you had to apply 2 weeks in advance (while I was there) I think a greater notice should have been given especially on weekend duties.

Great colleagues, shocking company

The worst employer I have ever had..... and I have had some shockers!!!! A politician with all the right words as a CEO, corruption and nepotism throughout the levels of management and a seriously terrible support system for their front-line members.

Pros

good wage, great operational staff

Cons

the rest, inclusive of no meal break, lack of support and terrible bully managers

volunteers company

St John Ambulance is a great place to learn how to save lives through first aid. Many people don't know how important it is. you will get the opportunity to go out and help in deployment situations such as the bushfire.

Great place to volunteer

It is great to volunteer here but of course there is a lot of loopholes to go through to get there which can be a little hard. However it is super rewarding.

very best workplace with supportive team

I feel very welcomed and part of their team from day one.Working as a nurse immuniser driving around company to company, when I need any advice they are there for me.

Great

As a volunteer I totally enjoy my time there. There are lots of opportunities to get involved in. Meetings are fun and informative you learn a lot. Events are great even though you are busy.

Warm workplace striving for the right thing with good people at your side.

To work at St. John Ambulance is to feel like part of a community. Each and every person there is genial as well as professional. The clients expect impeccable service, and to work at St. John is to learn exactly what that means, and how to deliver it. A fantastic place to better oneself.

Good Front Line Work from beginners to advance Medics

• Covering event work as a team from Doctor's, Paramedic, RN, EMT 3 or Advance Responder • On going training available • Treatment of trauma and medical patients. • Working to the Protocols and Procedures of St John Ambulance NSW • Management of patients whilst waiting for emergency services

big boy culture

Hard place to work with big boy culture and difficult management to deal with they forget what the main goal is of the business and dont support staff to get that outcome

Challenging and rewarding

I have attended a few events where I provide basic first aid to patrons. I am accompanied by a Senior Event Officer who guides me and who I respect as a role model to watch and learn from.

Great palce to work

Great place to work, great support and colleagues. I have enjoyed to work for this company. The hardest part of the job are the night shifts. St John Ambulance lectures are really good tutors.

My absolute favourite place to be

I enjoy volunteering for St John VIC as it allows me to develop skills in health and allows me to have the opportunities to help people. It gives you the chance to meet new people along the way and increase your first aid skills

Volunteer organisation

Made up of volunteers who are doing there best to contribute to society. As such it can be difficult to manage and implement changes and further training

Pros

volunteer

Cons

structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John Ambulance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare St John Ambulance with