St John of God Health Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

St John of God Health Care Employee Reviews

Australia85 reviews
It is a good environment to work. Colleagues and management are friendly and understanding. I like to work here. Firstly I started working as a Volunteer Caregiver, and then got a paid job.
The culture of bullying, nepotism and unprofessional management is rife within the facility I was employed at, I was employed for 17 years, the last 5 years were an absolute nightmare, they do not adhere to their mission statement, it's not what you know, but who you know at SJOGH.
I love working at st john of god it was a great environment with great people. I would go back in a heartbeat if they could offer full time.
Great benefits and great salary.
I've worked here for over 10 years. It's a nice place to work and very modern and clean. I have been provided with good training and the opportunity to advance my career.
We all help each other as caters to look after our clients, management is great reliable and the enjoyable part of the job is that at the end of the day you making a difference in your clients life
Good place to work in, very flexible with shifts and family orientated.
Good teaching hospital. Shifts varied on a day to day basis.

I worked in the peri operative area, it was always busy, got to know the staff, but not much of the management, although they took care of the staff. Good culture working together with diverse cultures.

The hardest part was there is not enough staff due to the amount of cases on a daily basis.

Most enjoyable part was forming friendships where everyone is treated equally as part of a team, there was no segregation between the medical teams, all worked together for one goal, that was patient recovery and wellness.
Such a great place to work, always surrounded by positive co-workers.
Clients are great and make coming into work that much easier.

Can't say much more
Wonderful, helpful place to work . Supportive and family oriented team.
I would recommend this company to work for. Even through my injury, I had 100% support.
Until the takeover of the business, it was a good supportive and busy organisation to work for. Efficiently run with local support at all times. Unfortunately since the sale- it has declined enormously.
I would love to go back, I loved the work I did, but we were very under staffed. I love working shift work and enjoyed the benefits i received at SJOG.
worked at SJOG for many years found it a good place to work with good benefits to help with the salary, and made many work mates. the staff where always accommodating with what may be affecting you as a person.
I have been working there for over 8 and half years. I enjoyed every minute of it. Unfortunately, St John of God closed down my department so I got retrenched.
Pros
good paid, good environment, car provided, salary packaging
Cons
closing down recently.
Busy day, meeting people all the time.
On line learing and education.

CEO is very friendly and knows everyone on a first name basis.

All cultures are emlpoyed.

Enjoy meeting new people daily, staff are very freindly there are a lot of long time members of staff, you can grow within the hospital and become a high achiever.
Pros
Discounted lunch in the canteen, green rider, you get paid to catch public transport, Salary sacrifice
Cons
paid parking
A small country town mentality, not willing to update to newer work methods.
Staff overall not bad but can be unaccepting to new staff.

Needs updating.
I enjoyed working in St John of God. Rostering was fair and the team work i had with the team i worked with was just amazing! We helped each other whenever we can. Pay was good for a casual work.
Have worked as a registered nurse on a busy ward for 15+years. We regularly have to look after 10 patients on a normal night duty. Once enjoyed it but the money saving tactics are now really affecting a lot of staff. Reduced contract hours and a lot less PCAs and PSAs often one between 2 or 3 wards on a shift. Managers are not supportive as they are all too scared of going over budget.Staff morale is on a downward spiral
Worked at SJOG for 6 years in various roles and can only speak highly about the culture, management, all staff and work ethics. Great family feel to the hospital
I was an on-call Administrative Officer who worked in any area that the hospital needed me for that day. Sometimes it would be on the reception desk and the outpatients department.
Pros
Casual work
Cons
None really
Missing breaks to get everything done is not unusual. Night duty is terrible with 10 patients each plus Coordinator duties if you are senior. I literally never get a break at night. Going off late is also not unusual. Some senior colleagues need sensitivity classes as they really are so critical even in extenuating circumstances.
Pros
Colleagues who continually amaze me with their level of skill
Cons
More and more paperwork and administrative duties on top of heavy patient loads every single shift
Good people who worked hard to deliver good outcomes for patients and fellow staff members.

Collaborative environment with good management and adequate resourcing.
Productive workplace with the nicest people. Very rewarding and great working conditions either with the staff as the patients.. Learning everyday new procedures it really is a hands on job as well most of the time working on the computer checking patients in for day procedures also looking up in patients in hospital as well as specialist directory information.
Pros
meeting beautiful people
Cons
seeing the not so well people
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John of God Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.