St John of God Health Care
View all St John of God Health Care reviews

St John of God Health Care

St John of God Health Care Employee Review

Nice place to work

I like working here Gives me the opportunity as well as the flexibility to balance my personal n professional space. There is a welcoming culture that is very helpful initially to settle in.

Pros

the endoscopy department is a great place to start with the specialisation

Cons

Endoscopy here is to simple n less challenging, may need some interventional novelty

Same roleSame location

Incredibly uncaring

Top heavy management! No encouragement to improve or further career. Scary patient nurse/patient ratios and lack of quality qualified staff on. Too many shifts infilled, unable to retain staff.

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

No patient ratios
Same role

Bad experience

The culture of bullying, nepotism and unprofessional management is rife within the facility I was employed at, I was employed for 17 years, the last 5 years were an absolute nightmare, they do not adhere to their mission statement, it's not what you know, but who you know at SJOGH.
Same role

Too much is expected of senior RNs

Missing breaks to get everything done is not unusual. Night duty is terrible with 10 patients each plus Coordinator duties if you are senior. I literally never get a break at night. Going off late is also not unusual. Some senior colleagues need sensitivity classes as they really are so critical even in extenuating circumstances.

Pros

Colleagues who continually amaze me with their level of skill

Cons

More and more paperwork and administrative duties on top of heavy patient loads every single shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John of God Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• St John of God Health Care
  • Nice place to work
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?